Chapter 64: Flying Saucer Pipe Dreams

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWw6W5NEa8
Where's Elizabeth?
No pressure , but there's a mystery to solve, who said it would be easy?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Mystery Solved

Post by Paul S. »

"Life of Brian" is probably my least favorite of all the Monty Python movies. Talk to me about "Holy Grail." Bring me a shrubbery. Or just bleed all over me. I am French... why do you think I speak with this ridiculous accent?
kevin.b wrote:Where's Elizabeth?
THAT mystery I can solve, more or less.

Elizabeth has suffered a computer and connection meltdown in the past couple of weeks and has basically given up on the whole equation. She's gotten herself a library card so that she can use the computers at her local library, and I suspect we'll be hearing from her shortly -- if briefly.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

regarding mysteries

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have to smile.

Paul, you remind me a little bit ( just a bit) of a teenage boy and the mysterious girl who he has set his sights on. He almost doesn't want to get her figured all out because with that there is nothing special left in their relationship (?) ..... But also knowing that he could get no closer to her, or more intimate with her .... well, then ..... maybe the whole thing is a waste of time? Anybody want to see what I am seeing there? Its a wonderful and trying dance.

I don't know. Remember the whole " embrace the mystery" line? Maybe to really love something and to understand what that relationship is you just have to accept some things the way that they are. If something is ultimately not available to our understanding ....... perhaps never to be understood ..... then do we have to love it less because we can't take it apart? What would be lost in all of that?

I think frankly that you are coming to understand the chore that we all have ahead of us. There are mysteries that will never be understood but at least through you we can all SEE them. Maybe by pointing them out for discussion and thoughtful consideration you will start a process that will help others see them too. What happens after that is really up to those particular individuals. A complete mystery to us might not be that to another person. "Fare forward voyager" a friend of mine once said.

Right now telling the story of a man and his family might be all that you need to do. You are right. All of the really reachable technical information has most likely sunken into some very dark areas and I doubt too that much of it will surface for us.

Maybe the only thing to do then is " Throw a marker down" for somebody else and go on with what you can do.

Anyway, I am here. On and off Thanks for missing me!. You can find me by all the little red markers in the trail! Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yup...I saw the dilemma coming a while back.

As Mr Short, not so diplomatically observed, without the specifics of the technology, what we have is the story of a brilliant and original man and his family who are manipulated and deceived by "the powers that be" to disclose what he created, and then watch it slip away into the steely dark compartmentalized rabbit holes of official Government contracted research. Whereby the whole is then split into wholistically unidentifiable slivers of research, only to be assembled and applied again in desired embodiments within the dark corridors of power. And to top it all off, we have this supra-governmental entity that seems to encourage and facilitate all of this.

As I said before, IMHO the critical point in all this was the submission of the Winterhaven Proposal. With the TTB conceptual framework and all of the likely players identified, the Pentagon could just run with the ball for the goal line, even in the dark. And you are also right in that this process was probably triggered by the Pearl demo and the related mole-seeking shenanigans.

As I've also said, specifics may always be inferred and speculated upon through the use of analogy and comparative referential citings of the ongoing work done by others, even in non-fiction. That's a way that anyone reading your story who have only half a brain can assemble the pieces and see the truth. But then, as a writer, you're still left with a decent man hanging out there living a life of illusory glories much as Tesla did after he let his cows out of the barn.

There are a lot of parallels between the two men and their lives, and also, as Kevin seems to be uncovering, a correspondence with how Dr. TJJ See was "handled". If you can find a copy, get a VCR or DVD of an early 80's film titled, The Water Engine. It's from a story and play by David Mamet. The best example of these sorts of processes that I can think of offhand.

I don't know what to suggest to you other than to keep on keeping on and tell your version of the story the best way that you know how. I see it all as an expose' showing how the "powers that be" "set up" original thinkers so that the fruits of their work might be slipped away from them, and then how their work is then developed by and for the benefit of the "friends" of Governments while the originators are shunted into the background both historically and economically.

Paul, only you know the trustworthiness and veracity of your sources, and only you can know how to proceed from here. I've been there, and still am in some ways myself. It gets down to a spiritual thing in the end. What are we here for anyway ?

My version is to receive messages or original information in whatever way that it might be accessed, and then to share it with others using my talents and skills to make it understandable to others. If money happens as a result, so much the better, but that's not the real goal here. Truth is.

That's what all artists do, relate truth to those who aren't capable of rendering it themselves, and that's why royalty has controlled the arts since the dark ages. We've got lots of historical companionship in our differing dilemma situations. But all of that does not solve yours for you or mine for me.

Maybe someone somewhere wants nice and pleasant stories told to wash away the nasty stuff that has really been done to deserving people. Maybe.
But then maybe it's really all about how it always has been and will always continue to be. Your call my friend.

flow....:wink:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
Life of Brian is typical Anglais humour, always laugh no matter how hard it gets.
I can't laugh at this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnrx7JeDhg
I have reason to consider that none of that has any reason to happen, if the true comprehension of universe is recognised.
For whatever by whatever method and for whatever reason the knowledge of universe was surpressed and we can help it re-emerge and stop all of that occuring, are you going to stop and swim about in the sea, and leave them to die?
We are all one, made from one, by one, just imagine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOkxRLzBf0
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

That's One Angle...

Post by Paul S. »

...that confounds me:
flowperson wrote: I see it all as an expose' showing how the "powers that be" "set up" original thinkers so that the fruits of their work might be slipped away from them, and then how their work is then developed by and for the benefit of the "friends" of Governments while the originators are shunted into the background both historically and economically.
See, flow, the presumption you are making here is that Dr. Brown was somehow "ripped off" by "powers that be." That he got set up to demonstrate his stuff, and that it was then somehow appropriated against his will.

That would be a good story... if there was any way to develop the story line, but there really isn't.

And, contrary to what you suggest, "my sources" would seem to be saying exactly the opposite: that EVERYTHING that Dr. Brown did was carefully orchestrated and that he NEVER lost one iota of control of anything. The theme you suggest is all part of the cover story / disinformation / masquerade campaign.

You see how that works? "Oh, poor, misunderstood Townsend Brown, he had all these great ideas and the minute he showed them to anybody, they got stolen and hidden away...."

Makes a good story, but I really don't think that's the way it happened. And I think Twigsnapper would back me up on that score (even if he's ready to strangle me for my earlier post...).

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Everybody sees the world through different spectrums. It was all just a suggestion on my part.

I'll agree it seems that he was compliant and cooperative with "the plan" especially after the visit by colleagues at Homestead later on. No I understand the story line here. Again, it all hinges upon the trust that you hold in your sources, and it's clear to me that's solid.

I just didn't understand why Victoria's friend might not have seen it all and saw this as a possible reason. Or maybe he just went totally negative when the saucer thingy came into the story

Write on !

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: That's One Angle...

Post by Langley »

Paul S. wrote:
And, contrary to what you suggest, "my sources" would seem to be saying exactly the opposite: that EVERYTHING that Dr. Brown did was carefully orchestrated and that he NEVER lost one iota of control of anything. The theme you suggest is all part of the cover story / disinformation / masquerade campaign.

--PS
The tech exists, Dr Brown was an operative. The tech is now yonks old. So there's some strategic imperative to hold it in reserve? Or is it geopolitics?

Or did he loose controls when he passed away? Was it held back by a combo of the Seven Sisters and the Mil Industrial Complex?

Just curious. If it is held back for strategic reasons, means a major conflict was anticipated ?
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Langley,
If you were a poker player, how good would it be, to be able to look into the future and see your opponents hand?
And if you had an ace up your sleeve , just in case you required it, would you play that ace , or save it?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Still secret after all those years

Post by Trickfox »

Some things remain secret for decades. The data is still secret. Look at the "Teller-Ulam" design for a nuke. All you have in the public literature is a bunch of speculation. Nobody really has free access to the actual design unless they have a clearance and need to know.
WHO the heck wants to know this stuff anyway, if there is only death and destruction associated to it?

It's obvious by now that some of the BB effects were used in several other technologies, some of which may someday have been abused if the details were left out in the open literature.

That EMP weapon system seen in the U-tube at the front page of this website used high voltage pulses. Dr. Brown was as good as Tesla when it came to "high voltage generation".

Enough said

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

its too easy to go that route

Post by grinder »

Everybody,

I considered too that Dr. Brown may have had his developments " stolen" from him, but if you look carefully at this story, where do you see the anger that would have generated. Where do you see the bitterness? Dr. Brown goes solidly along seemingly in charge of his own powers strangely while demonstrating another outside facade. This is one very clever man and I think being devious in this respect was one of his shining virtures. He said it himself when he said that the next few years were going to be his " mortally wounded praried chicken routine". So you know the man set that up himself.!

Its just not what we are encouraged all the time to see. What we are expected to see is some poor inventive fellow that got ripped off. So thats what we see. I don't believe that was the way it went down. Maybe if people missed that Paul you might have to do a little more pumping up of what you believe was happening to offset that predispostion. People may have missed the obvious.

Like I said.... its just what we have learned to expect and because of that I think it was pretty easy for him to hide in plain sight. Does he look like a beaten man? Does he ACTUALLY act like one, beneath the fodder he has put out there. We are just not accustomed to seeing that kind of long range planning and that sort of resolute behavior to a plan. Don't forget that this man was dedicated and able to see far. grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

just watch the story unfold

Post by twigsnapper »

You can tell what was really happening by gathering as much material together and then examining everything. You will find that my words have been true to you.

Dr. Brown answered to no military force and everything he did was on a volunteer basis. I know that might seem a tough pill to swallow. But there you have it. twigsnapper
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Still here

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Bulwark wrote: ...
I haven't seen my Longboard Lovely posting much. Are you lurking as well?

Bulwark
Still here, and yes, lurking.

I have a few comments to supply... hope they help Paul and those confused.

I have had my time with Brown's journals, and reading through some of the stuff in S-of-S. It's not all bunk and you know, the man and his colleagues musta done a heck-of-a-job at the disinformation campaign of the 50's and onwards, to have been able to confund a generation of people, even more than a half-century later!!

The science and technology are there - but it's like seeing a stained glass window up close through a microscope... can't get the whole picture really that way. What you, Paul, are trying to do is examine his life up close and write a biography. But Brown's stuff (all that work, all that knowledge, all that technology) cannot be looked at microscopically. You've got to sit in a quiet chapel, and let the sunlight filter through all the little pieces - to catch the nuances of the entire picture.

I hope I am making some sense, and if not, I'll try again tomorrow when I've slept some more.

And, HShort, I get your gist, but you've got to be short-sighted not to see the detriment the world would be in if that technology was just point blank available.

Townsend Brown had to have a lot of faith in his Colleagues who squirreled away his stuff (especially the stuff that was given to Morgan at the very end). He saw the greater good. He saw the need to not make it available at that time. And who knows? Maybe it's not even the right time now - for it to be available.

TTB technology is more than just the dream of a time machine, or flying saucers.... it's the dream of a man who was willing to give up that dream for what? For his family? For their safety? For the safety of the world?

But see Victoria had a point that was good. The story has a life of its own, and needs to be told. No one has ever gotten it right before, and Paul, you've come the closest to the truth.

Oh, and I've discovered a few things about Charlotte Blodgett. The foreward to Adamski's book, assumed she was a Mrs. That's interesting. The island she was purportedly from was Eleuthera. There's a blurb about her in the history section of the website about Eleuthera.
http://www.eleuthera.com/history.html

What's interesting is that she is listed as a notable woman from that island and she had a sea shell and weaving business and established trade with Boston. The other woman listed with her was an author and journalist.

I wonder what it was that made the two of them notable enough in the annals of the island to be mentioned? Out of all the women from that island...

LongboardLOVELY

*It now costs $9 to see the 17 mile drive of Carmel. We paid $9 for me to get carsick :oops:
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
Sat here in sunny Cropredy, home of Fairport convention, a thought for your final words of this book, when the TIME arrives.
Just add, TTB knew?
Here's a red headed angel singing the words to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:Langley,
If you were a poker player, how good would it be, to be able to look into the future and see your opponents hand?
And if you had an ace up your sleeve , just in case you required it, would you play that ace , or save it?
Kevin
Ha. I cant play cards for nuts. My main claim to fame is rolling Volkswagens.

I recently sold a Fasty that I kept upright for 8 years so I must be getting better......but I shouldnt speak too soon....

Its all just my unenlightened opinon.

Hate stuff with the engine in the front though.