Chapter 46 The Ghost at the Corral

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Ghost - Amazing how that word just fits in so many places in its use. A ghost of a chance or like a ghost in the night. The metaphors that we create in our communication and our different languages.

With this in mind, and this is for you kevin or even Linda Brown if she so chooses to answer, why are you limiting the statement "Where the four points meet" to compass points? Is a "point" of order on a map? Could a person be the "point"?

Where once there were 5 then there were 4.

Points on a compass are too damn obvious.

Just a "point" of view.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: on the floor

Post by Mikado14 »

Linda Brown wrote:As I recall Mikado, the "set" that Daddy was so fond of carrying around with him all the time was generally just set on the floor in a corner.

So you gotta watch whats on the floor at important meetings.

Now ... lets get back to the exchange at the corral so we can keep this thread live <g> Linda
Hello to you Ms. Brown. (Don't know if you have a married name but don't want to know either...<g>....I heard stories about Boston)

Since peoples here about think I am direct, I will ask you a direct question:

What happened to your Father's "set"?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado,
We can only presume Dr Browns meaning of where four points meet.
But we do that given whatever we have gleaned of his works and life times methods, of which Linda Brown will have perhaps the best grasp, Mr twigsnapper may know other aspects not ever known by Linda.
Given what we know, yes we are presuming.

The message was left to Linda, by her father, He must have had reason to believe She could fathom the message out?
I can only offer what I deduce given all I know about the above, and a compass bearing has nothing to do with a lattice structure I talk of, the compass bearings move continuously.
He was a sailor, precise position will have been vital always to him, absolute precise position, I reckon he could do that .

I presume a precise position is involved at a precise time.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

keepsakes

Post by Linda Brown »

As Mr. Twigsnapper said recently! " A question I can answer!"

Regarding the "set". The Caroline Group took it for safekeeping so I don't worry about it at all. I understand they are keeping it for the Smithsonian in the future and I agree with that. I have the first fan precipitator which was built in 1960 ... and my Dads military sword with his name engraved on the upper part of the blade. He was always so proud to be in the Navy and so I know that he would be pleased that it is kept well. And along with it and other family things I have the little green teapot.

Linda
Radomir
Senior Cadet

teapot!

Post by Radomir »

Ah, the teapot! That one deserves to be in the Smithsonian as well.

Now that it has been mentioned, I feel I have to leeway to point out that this Morgan character does have a tendency to just appear places. No one has so far commented about that in the appropriate other thread. We'll see if it comes up, but if someone else doesn't post about it soon, perhaps I will.

R.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

other side

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Radomir,

I don't know exactly what chapter it was, when I find it I will edit it in here, but you will find one instance in a little story that Mr. Twigsnapper told about the three "terrorists" he called them being felled by three rapid shots and then the door being opened by the INSIDE.

I have played that scene in my head over and over. First thought was that who ever it was that fired the shots perhaps was hiding behind some curtains <g> but if this "torture" had been going on for very long ... they had already taken Dr. Browns finger off ... surely Morgan would have prevented that if he had been there THEN. I just have this nagging hunch that he just sort of " appeared" ( probably firing) then opened the door from the inside, Mr. Twigsnapper said.

I considered why, if time travel was used, why ( I mean, buying into it here just go along with me for a moment) they had to allow Dr. Brown to go through that pain. Unless later of course the fact that he was missing that finger would play an important part?

Anyway Radomir. That chapter. What were you going to say? MarkC
AM

Post by AM »

UNFORTUNATELY I ERASED THIS POST BEFORE SAVING IT - IT HAS SOMEHOW FALLEN THROUGH THE CRACKS.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

discussion

Post by Radomir »

Mark, you, Kevin and AM have essentially made the point, but perhaps this aspect of the discussion should now move over to the Epilogue thread, rather than here, what say ye all? I'm easy either way (keep yer trap shut Mikado), but in the interest of keeping the forum tidy, that's my vote.

R.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: keepsakes

Post by Mikado14 »

Linda Brown wrote:I understand they are keeping it for the Smithsonian in the future and I agree with that.
Like with most firsts, airplane, X1, The Spirit, The Enterprise - NCC1701, Fonzies jacket - as if I really care.

Now with that statement said, the above quote only alludes to the fact that there are better models currently in use.

And to the ghost - Imagine a sinusoidal waveform. Pick a "point", any "point" that is identical on all "points" (ie: 45, 135, 45, 135 etc) in a parallel line to the zero axis. Where this new line intersects with the different waves would be the easiest "point" to slip over.

For you kevin, do you think or imagine if the corral intersected with another "point"?

Mikado

This is an edit

Ok Mr. Radomir, I'll take my ball and bat and go to a different thread......and just as I was getting on a roll...... and AM...You have said a lot with very few words.
AM

Post by AM »

UNFORTUNATELY I ERASED THIS POST BEFORE SAVING IT - IT HAS SOMEHOW FALLEN THROUGH THE CRACKS.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Who are you addressing AM?

Mikado
AM

Post by AM »

Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

more in depth

Post by twigsnapper »

Following Radomir, I suggest we switch now to the Epilogue thread so others can keep up with this conversation and it can go where it needs to go. And I'll try to see if you have questions for my answers as Morgan said to Paul once. twigsnapper
AM

Post by AM »

This post is dedicated specially to Mr. Mikado, because of the following words:
Am, first of all, let me express gratitude that you did not piss me off and stay away....I have magazines as well....<g>..... and secondly, thanks for slowing down a bit.
Ah, we wouldn't want to piss you off, would we? Ha, ha. Mr. Mikado you will have my eternal gratitude if you can work your sublime Mikado-magic in the following respect. I do not need magazines. I know that you have them, but a magazine is only a pale substitute for reality. There is a young, gifted Korean actress, who is wasting away her tremendous talent and youth by going down the road of perdition. She is not anymore projecting the image of a traditional Korean woman and performing the arts she learned from her early age (traditional Korean dances and drumming), but is blindly imating the Western ways, jumping around in skimpy clothes and singing idiotic songs for charity-purposes.

I believe I can save her and make her understand that such behaviour does not befit the lady that she is. She can be led to salvation. If you work your special Mikado-magic and bring me to Korea, then I know I can save her. :lol: :wink:

AM
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Oh I do believe

Post by twigsnapper »

Young AM. I do believe you missed entirely the point that Mr. Mikado was making about magazines.

And too you may be missing the idea that a modern Korean woman may feel no need to be saved. Its been my experience that such a person can be a very dangerous foe indeed, no matter what your good intentions happen to be. Ladies with flowers in their hair are most formidable.
twigsnapper