My time with TT Brown..a friend, an inventor, a genius.----&

The website is all about his life and work; here, let us focus on defining and celebrating his outstanding personal qualities.
St_Arey
Space Cadet

My time with TT Brown..a friend, an inventor, a genius.----&

Post by St_Arey »

8) Hi to this entire newsgroup. I clap my hands as I applaud Paul for his efforts at maintaining this website and keeping the “scienceâ€
George Leach

lost islanders

Post by George Leach »

Hello to you lost islander.

I remember that stereo! And you are right! He loved turning up the volume!

Its nice to hear from someone else who knew Dr. Brown personally! and we all thank you for responding. Getting even the smallest bit of information about the man is turning out to be very difficult for Paul and I am sure that he appreciates any input that you can offer.

I am suprised that he didn't get you to rig the stereo in his electric cart, that would have been another first for him! Do you remember the big white dog that used to accompany him down to his office on Sumner? Sometimes the dog would ride with him and sometimes it would help him pull the cart uphill. Remember?

What do you think of some of the newer posts? Did Dr. Brown ever say anything to you at all that would help Paul fill in any of his holes in this story? Can you help out with any of the military comments? Would you ever have thought that he was involved in any kind of intelligence work at all?

Please tell us more about Dr. Brown when you can. Thanks George
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Great Stories

Post by Paul S. »

St. Arey, your stories about Dr. Brown's big, loud, Marantz stereo are just the kind of colorful anecdotes that add depth to our understanding of the man's character. Don't be surprised if your story shows up in one of the later chapters. And don't be shy about sharing whatever else you've got rattling around in your memory...

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

hey cool

Post by grinder »

Hi St Arey ..... so you actually got to meet Townsend Brown. And really talk to him. I am jealous. Not kidding.

I think that you have mentioned something though that sort of goes along with the presence of a truly gifted person. They are totally humble but that doesn't stop others around them from recognizing something special about them. You called it the FORCE and I think you were right on the mark there. I think that they do reflect that ..... not that they try to.... but they just can't help it.

I just wish that I had been able to sit in on some of those Thanksgiving dinners! Were you a student then? Away from home during the holiday? Why were you on Catalina? Not to be nosey but I just wondered.

Neenie started another post that has become one of the most popular and she was living on the island too for awhile and her paths crossed the Browns.. Seems he and Josephine took a certain delight and interest in them too. She seems to think that meeting the Browns had some input in their future life.

Dr. Brown seemed concerned for Pat and Neenie as far as their future, or at least thats what they said, that he became sort of a mentor to them. Did that happen with you too? I just wondered if he gave you any kind of advice for the future?

I clicked on your name. You're a geologist? How did you go in that direction? Long way from hooking up stereo equipment isn't it?

I just wondered. Did it have anything at all to do with Dr. Browns influence and his interest in those rocks he had collected from all over the world? Can you tell us any more about that? See, alot of questions! sorry. Thats why I have my knickname! thanks for the info! grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

long way ......

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Welcome St Arey.

I got beaten to the chance to be your welcome wagon and I am really sorry that I didn't notice that you had posted before (and some very thought provoking stuff too, especially the frequency relating to reality discussion. )Can we talk about that more sometimes?

Were you ever able to discuss that subject with Dr. Brown? What did he think of those ideas ?..... Its something .... frequencies .... that we haven't talked about very much in these discussions.

Actually I think some of us are enjoying the feeling of freedom and expansion that has hit us once Paul stated .... "YES ..... Thats what we have been talking about here folks, communications with another intelligence and our man Brown was doing it." BOOM. .... I hear bells clanging away!

I know that if you read carefully the chapters that he has written so far you will see hints and pieces .... but thats all it was .... and now the door has been flung wide open ... he has stated his case .... and I can come charging out now looking for backup information without being coy about why I want it. This is just SO absolutely great!

So here we go! I love it that you have stepped forward and you KNOW that your timing was absolutely right!!!!! Had you sensed that? Of course!!!! Silly question!!!! Is that why you waited to say that you actually knew Dr. Brown.

I am just so pleased that you stepped forward, as is Paul .... and what he said in his earlier message is so true .... any little personal remembrance that you have certainly helps him go further into the depth of the character of a man NOT MANY KNEW AT ALL .... and here you come! This is wonderful!

I noted that grinder mentioned your career. Were you ever in the military? Since we have talked about the military involvement in Dr. Browns work could you lend any information in that direction? Do you know anything at all about military communications? Did he ever talk with you about stuff like that? All ears whenever you have the time. Thanks! Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

more questions

Post by Mark Culpepper »

St. Arey

Yes! Welcome to an ACTIVE participation here. Thanks so much for stepping in.

Maybe you have read a little bit about how this particular mans story has affected my life. Through it I was able to start a quest of my own and I sense somehow that you have that same sort of situation going with you but I have no way of confirming that other than just a feeling. I am getting the impression that you too are on a quest ... and that you and I are somehow very similar. Odd emotion but I just wanted to share that with you. I am glad that you have stepped forward. I hope that your quest trail will be as fruitful as mine has been so far. I feel somehow that I have someone who has stepped up beside me. And thats a GREAT feeling when you are in very unfamiliar territory.

Just being able to share what you can about Townsend Brown means ALOT to me. As you know, maybe, Mr. Twigsnapper has been instrumental in letting me find out particulars on my Dads life. Perhaps there are mysteries in yours too. Glad to have your company.

You mentioned rocks from different parts of the world. What was Dr. Brown doing with those rocks. Were they just on shelves, in boxes .... or were they part of his experiments. I read somewhere that he actually had some "hooked up" but I have never been able to talk to anyone who actually visited his lab. Can you tell us more? Thanks very much! Mark C
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi All,

I was happy to see that Brown's Marantz stereo system popped up again.

It's been travelling with me for some years now, went through college with me, etc. I still use it ocassionally, because it plays my records, and it's in fairly good shape for all of the miles it's travelled.

Andrew
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Marantz Stereo

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Chris Knight wrote:Hi All,

I was happy to see that Brown's Marantz stereo system popped up again.

It's been travelling with me for some years now, went through college with me, etc. I still use it ocassionally, because it plays my records, and it's in fairly good shape for all of the miles it's travelled.

Andrew
SO THAT'S WHAT THAT THING WAS! Naw, just kidding. I am glad that I now have a story to associate with it.

LBolland
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Island rumors

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

St. Arey,

I wanted to contact you again through the forum to ask if you remember anything at all more about the lab on Catalina and especially the "rocks" that Doctor Brown had collected from around the world.

I have seen some pictures in the archives that we have available to us and the rocks of different shapes and sizes seem to be connected to recorders. Is this what you noticed too? Did he ever explain any of that to you?

And the thing that is also interesting, since you lived there on the Island too, did you ever hear any of the "islander rumors" about what they thought this "Doc Brown" was doing? Sometimes rumors in a small town can be very interesting! Thanks for your input! Elizabeth