Making this work and other questions.

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Making this work and other questions.

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:i'm another like Grinder, who may be having troubles with pms, but i don't want to take away from the Caroline group thread so I'm pasting this here.

When I am replying to a pm, do I need to hit submit and then also post reply? before the message is sent. Why do some messages stay in the outbox, while others are moved to the sent box?

rose
I missed the part about grinder and PM's but if you hit "submit" , the PM will go to your "Outbox" until the receiver opens the PM at which time it moves into your "Sent Messages" that is one way of knowing that they have opened and read what you sent. As far as "Post reply" that is on a forum or thread. I can't say that I ever saw that on my PM's either received or sent. When sending PM's, I usually will copy then hit "preview" and check it for the usual. The reason I copy is just in case it gets lost then all I have to do is reopen and paste.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I have a question......where did the pseudonyms after pseudonyms come from?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Pseudonyms

Post by Paul S. »

Those are "ranks" that can be assigned by the number or posts, or individually. A function of the new software I thought I'd have a little fun with. I'll gladly change yours if you don't care for it.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thank you, Mikado. That was a helpful clarification! I thought maybe this system worked like an e-mail package i once used that drove me cray with it's double submit commands.

As for the names under the names now i think I understand who the redhead...but now I have to search the archives to find out how Victoria ended up with a stripper's pole!

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:Thank you, Mikado. That was a helpful clarification! I thought maybe this system worked like an e-mail package i once used that drove me cray with it's double submit commands.

As for the names under the names now i think I understand who the redhead...but now I have to search the archives to find out how Victoria ended up with a stripper's pole!

rose
Not too sure about the strippers's pole but I remember that I mentioned a long time ago that her name sounded like she should be writing romance novels. Her response had something to do with a feathered boa...<g>... I can't help but not forget that!

Mikado

PS: she also owes me a few dances! Just can't remember why..
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Re: feathered boas and stripping poles

Post by twigsnapper »

One of the best responses EVER to Paul being silly. He started with " Tickle my Fig leaf". When I saw that I knew that Victoria could not in any way leave that comment alone!

viewtopic.php?p=15450#p15450

Her response will make your day! Made mine but I am so easy to please.

And Paul ... A rose is a rose is a rose .... but "raw recruit" does not quite fit. I vote for a change there, please. twigsnapper
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi Rose,

Submit should work just fine. The reply button is just that.. a button to reply to a PM that you have received. As fara as messages in the outbox, they remain there until the person you send the PM to reads the message.

Hope this answers you questions!

Jim Z.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Jim and Mikado, Thanks for answering Rose. I had the same exact question.
But I did remember the stripper pole. Sometimes when Paul leaves us alone for too long ......... you know .............. but when he starts with an opening line like " Tickle my fig leaf and I will follow you anywhere".......... hell, even I almost responded to that one! My response wouldn't not even have come close to a redhead with the last name of a romance writer though! Or at least that particular one!
Mark
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Name, Rank, Serial #

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:One of the best responses EVER to Paul being silly. He started with " Tickle my Fig leaf".
Which, of course, was in response to Victoria whispering "superluminal" in my ear.... but I digress (frequently...)
And Paul ... A rose is a rose is a rose .... but "raw recruit" does not quite fit. I vote for a change there, please. twigsnapper
Would "new recruit" be OK?

I'm not sure about "Junior Cadet," either, but I figured that's better than "Space Cadet."

The whole business is supposed to be fun, so I'm open to suggestions.

-PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

I vote for Junior Birdman! Heck, there is even a song and "special hand signal" that goes with the song!

:mrgreen:
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Name, Rank, Serial #

Post by Paul S. »

That's good. I forgot all about the "Junior Birdmen."

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

I think "Junior Birdman" has already been taken by every neophyte CIA operative out there. From what I have been told.

Hey, it might be fun but its also serious. I agree with Mr. Twigsnapper. You have to feel right about the name that is attached to a person and I agree that I don't think "raw recruit" really fits. neither raw nor recruit since she is neither.

I like mine, thanks Paul. Why don't we leave the door open for Rose to pick her descriptive name ( or anyone else out there who feels not quite properly "tagged. I know that Paul has done his best but maybe what you guys come up with for yourselves will be even more insightful into your personalities. I liked Linda Browns .... and of course Kevin got dubbed a long time ago. " The eEnforcer?" I don't know if that really fits Mikado but I am sure it comes close. The rest of you? Speak up here and now kids because I know that Paul will be happy to change but lets do this little thing sooner rather than take time later!

Rose? Your move! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Name, Rank, Serial #

Post by Paul S. »

The "ranking" that appears under Rose's name is "generic" ranking that I've created for anybody who has made at least three posts (but less than 100). The other "ranks" for regulars like for Victoria, Twigsnapper, or Trickfox I created and applied individually. If Rose is going to be a regular, then I suspect that she will either suggest her own "rank" or one will become more obvious as we go along.

Sound reasonable?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Paul,

I originally had Junior Cadet and I didn't feel like either! I did see that you've changed my ranking to Junior Birdman and I accepted that. In fact, I thought of the Aviary as discussed in the story. I would hate that you would remove this. Especially after the posts on all the birdnames for ships. Don't forget the Osprey as that is some helluva bird. My friend and I saw one take off almost vertically and fly around at Kitty Hawk for the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers. The props reminded me of twin helicopters attached to a wing of a plane...

Anyway, maybe the next rank should be Aviarian. And after reading the Mysterious Redhead's comments I almost sprayed coffee all over my monitor that morning after I read her post! The whipped cream comment was too hard to resist! :lol:

Yummy, redheads with whipped cream! Mmmmmmmmm...........

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

The grinning Cheshire cat

Bill you need to search that word in our thread "Cheshire cat"

You will love it cause it goes with your last image.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com