It's a small world after all.

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

me and my stats

Post by ladygrady »

Seem to be the only one here blessed with this quirky interest in the stats of the forum( the numbers it displays as far as “ viewsâ€
Last edited by ladygrady on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: me and my stats

Post by Mikado14 »

[quote="ladygrady"]Seem to be the only one here blessed with this quirky interest in the stats of the forum,( the numbers it displays as far as “ viewsâ€
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Oh but Sir,

Post by ladygrady »

Oh but Sir, Everything I seem to do crosses other dimensions. But thats just my own personal opinion, of course. <g> grady
grinder
Senior Officer

wouldn't surprise me

Post by grinder »

Regarding the name, Now that wouldn't surprise me. I thought that too in a flash but no confirmation yet from anybody who might really know. It is strange though that the project would undergo a name change. Does that happen often? Just asking.

Theres some other odd stuff happening eith this situation. Note this section ( from Trickfox, thanks! http://mikekemble.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/k129.html

Two crews manned the Glomar Explorer, the oil derrick men on the decks, and hidden within the ship, CIA operatives, who would actually operate the grab. In 1974 everything was in place to begin the operation. Something went wrong when a building belonging to the now totally deranged Howard Hughes was broken into by 4 masked men who stole, not only money, but classified documents. One of these documents detailed the entire operation! The Soviets actually did find out about this when a note was pushed through the door of the Soviet Embassy in Washington. This was relayed back to Moscow who did not really believe it, the technology was way beyond their capabilities. It was decided to go ahead with the mission although the Americans knew about the compromise."

Now I just wondered who was "Pushing notes under doors of the Soviet Embassy in Washington., I guess in a move to keep them appraised of the situation. Technology way beyond their capabilities??? The mission went ahead .... even though the Americans knew about the compromise .... which means what ... that they knew about the note and had done that themselves .... or another agency did that ? Sounds like a case of Even- Stephen to me. ) and if that was the case, after the " compromise" is that when the name change happened?

Its almost as if the Russians were told "we know what really happened ., we are going to get the sub, we know where it is 'we will bring back your dead. Sit down and shut up. And you note thats exactly what the Russians did.

And of course in the middle of all of this I just wondered where Morgan was and what he was doing. The kid who was chosen because he spoke Russian so very well. grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

where did things come from?

Post by twigsnapper »

You might note in all that information out there a couple of interesting items.
The Glomar Explorer was built by Sun Shipbuilding ,Chester Pa. ( Hello Mikado)

Clementine was produced by the Lockheed plant at Redwood City and then barged down to Catalina on a special rig called the HMB ( Hughes Marine Barge 1)

Where was Dr. Brown at the time? Before he moved quickly to Catalina? he was living in Atherton California. You might check out neighboring cities.

Where was Morgan at the time? Some time spent in San Francisco and some other time freezing his ass off in a reconnaisance plane out of Alaska. Paul might get to that story, or not. But theres an answer to your questions. My, that felt good. Ought to do that more often! twigsnapper
Last edited by twigsnapper on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grinder
Senior Officer

A first?

Post by grinder »

A couple of direct answers ( sort of ) to questions posed. How great!
How ...... worrisome ..... maybe time is shorter than I thought? I <g> here but maybe I should take that seriously.

Speaking of time. I have learned to listen VERY carefully to the smallest things that you say Mr. Twigsnapper and of course the last post is just jammed with possibilities.

Chester Pa? Isn't that near Philadelphia? In fact. Wouldn't that be somewhere near the Philadelphia Navy Yard? So should I pay some attention to the history of Sun?

And Morgan in a reconaissance plane in Alaska? What the heck is that about. That one has left me totally clueless. I just hope Paul can eventually explain!

And then Dr. Brown living in Atherton. Well, I happen to know that area just a little having grown up in San Francisco. Atherton is a VERY affluent community,neighboring cities? you guessed it.. Redwood City, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale . Huh. even SRI is up in that area. Point well taken I guess Sir. But I also know that whatever Dr. Brown was involved with it probably had multiple sides.

But if wthis "Jennifer Project" was his handiwork in anyway, then there WAS MORE TO THE DEATH OF THAT SUB THAN WE HAVE BEEN TOLD, STILL.

When did Dr. Brown move to Catalina then? And now I am beginning to get a whiff of WHY ...... so after the Glomar left and completed her " assignment" how long did the Browns stay on Catalina? I am thinking that once the 1974 expedition was over then Dr. Brown would move on to the next area of interest. So when did he leave Catalina Paul .... when you are able ? An answer? grinder
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Have been away for a few days, trying to catch up with this site is not easy.
I saw you ask about alignments and finding opposite points on the globe.
You may be able to achieve that with google earth or flashearth.com
If you know the co-ordinates put in the equal and oppsite with latitude and longitude numbers.
We went to the English lake district , where William Wordsworth lived and is buried
http://www.wordsworthcountry.com/inform ... asmere.htm
I recognise in his poems that he KNEW.
We were with friends and they have a jack russel terrier that would easily swim the channel, it never stops swimming, the river right at the side of where Wordsworth is buried is the river Rothay, it is gin clear, and the little dog drew a huge crowd as it chased the ducks up and down the river, everyone was fascinated to see its little legs going at a fabulous pace under the water.
We don't normally SEE whats under the surface , it took us nearly an hour to get the dog out of the river.
Also saw the red arrows air display team performing over lake windermere, stunning .
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Wordsworth

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Interesting Kevin that you should pick Wordsworth. I understand that Dr. Brown always kept one of his Poems tucked away in his desk, and Linda has said to friends that she fashioned her journals after Dorothy Wordworths observations of her life at Dove cottage. Its interesing and somehow connected for you to mention it. I wish I could remember the line of the poem which was his favorite. I have been thinking of that recently but still can't remember the exact words or the name of it.

Wish I were more of a scholar because I know that it is a very well known poem. Anyway, thank you Kevin for the link. What a wonderful place to visit someday. On my list.

I find it interesting too that you would pick the phrase " gin clear" because one of Dr. Browns favorite sayings of swimming aroung the Bahamas was that the water was like swimming in 60 feet of clear gin!!! Great minds are definitely on the same thread today. I guess I am supposed to find that poem huh? Nothing like being nudged by a two by four. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Grinder...as regards the name change, if someone in an analysis capacity knew about the antipode thingy which we have been discussing, he/she probably suggested the name change to throw people like us (or even Seymour Hirsch ) off the track back then, and now. Keep in mind that this all seems to be intergenerational.

Mikado...What better name to change it to than TTB's granddaughter's ?
Thanks for that.

flow.... :)
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,

Wordsworths most famous poem is about daffodils, but try ,
Ode to duty.
http://www.poetry-archive.com/w/wordsworth_william.html
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

forgive me, wrong William

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Kevin,

I had some of it right. He kept two poems apparently. Your daffodils was the one from Wordsworth and I was right about that and Dorothy and Dove cottage but I missed a turn in the road. The other poem was something by William Blake and it had something to do with something Townsend Brown referred to as the " superreflective aether" Still looking for that poem. I guess I am supposed to memorize it. But I have to find the darned thing first. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
William Blake, born 28 Nov, odd people , we are.
To see a world in a grain of sand.
To GOD--
If you have formed a circle to go into
Go into it yourself and see how you would do.
W Blake.
http://www.mudrashram.com/psychicrealm.html
Kevin
fibonacci is king
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

have you noticed

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

This is just sort of odd. I feel like we have gotten to the end of the TV season and have run into " cliffhangers" on all of the programs running.

Lets see. One thread we have been following ( Linda and Morgan in Phladelphia in 1966. She has just walked out of his life, giving him the " green light." What happens next?

On the other thread we have our own Mr. ORiley and his superior standing in the mud of Russia with no explanation of what happens next for them?

And now we have Dr. Brown pounding his fist on the desk of somebody in the Navy after everything has gone wrong in that demonstration. I just don't know how thats gong to resolve at all.

So take your pick. All three need answers!!!!! I am realy curious to see what all of these characters do! grady
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

USOs and the FDR

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Thank you Trickfox. If Elizabeth doesn't recognize her right away perhaps Paul will if he is given the informtion to look for the sign of the " Cheshire Cat." He has just run across that reference in a USO report. Anyone else know what I am talking about? Look for the Cheshire Cat. twigsnapper
I am coming a little late into this thread and it's taking a while to get caugt up (all these distractions!), but in case nobody's found it yet, here's what Mr. T. is referring to:

http://www.illuminati-news.com/ufos-and ... wpoint.htm

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
SLicK-G
Space Cadet

Ooops, where did that hill come from. Crash!

Post by SLicK-G »

Elizabeth

Still trying to dig things out from the depths of gray matter in my head. I remember that when the Naval plane crashed on Cataling, they had pretty much closed down the island. Most of the fire personel that went to the crash, I believe has had cancer. One of them I remember was Bill Putman. It was kind of odd, how quickly things had happened. I had moved off the island after the plane crash, but would go over frequently in the early years after. I was very shocked that in between the times that I went to Catalina, Bill was diagnosed with cancer and then passed away. Most people claim that it was because of the area around the crash site. Some have said that there was a chemical or radiation leak. Not 100% sure.

And how does a pilot get off course when he is suppose to fly by instruments. I would think that a small mountain, or large hill would show up on radar. Especially, if you're doing a live bombing. I still wonder what he was carrying on his plane. Will see if I can dig it up.

I was also searching around on googleearth.com. And was taking a look at the islands and you can see the different harbors. Some of them are named on the site, but some are not. And they have buildings of some sort.

Another thing that is popping in to this paper weight on my shoulders is this. My brother-in-law works for the Island Conservancy. They take care of the island. Well, a few years ago, some people, came to the island and wanted to remove anything that was not native to the island itself. Like the goats, wild boar, buffalo, plants, etc. Kind of odd. The also would let them rebuild a dirt road that went down to one of the surfing harbors. They said they had found a small rodent that they thought was extinct. Well, there it was. Well, they have found a few more since then. And why would these people want to remove the animals from the island. The goats would keep the weeds trimmed down. The wild boar would keep the soil turned. And the buffalo would keep the tourist coming and make the island money. Why would anyone want to change all of that. These animals have been there since they created the movie. And if the case was to remove anything that is non native. They would have to remove the rats, mice, squirrels, cats, dogs, and even human. There is no way to remove all of that. How could they possibly know all that is not native. Or was this a good reason to just snoop around the island itself. I also think that they have given up on the subject matter. I don't think that they are still trying to acheive their goal. I would almost be impossible to remove everything. Things hide in mysterious places. You might think you've removed it, but there is always something left behind.

Slick
Not so "little" an island anymore.