Morgan's Thumpstick

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Sidereal radiation?
I have often wondered why Dr Brown called anything SIDEREAL.
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha ... flames.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

they exist

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Yes, these things do exist and work. Certain Indian "medicine men" used crystal tipped wands for healing and other purposes.

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

starry-eyed

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Again, you could be onto something with your sidereal radiation link. It’s interesting that astral and sidereal come from similar roots -- meaning “starry” or “of the stars” -- and can even be interchanged in usage, except that astral is also used for the astral plane or dimension. Might the “invisible, or astral, fire” radiate into our starry dimension from another starry dimension? Both-And?

As ever, starry-eyed in wonderment,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

This link with talk of crystal wands may be of signifigant interest to Elizabeth.
http://www.pcas.org/Vol36N1/9Hardy.pdf

The remains and practises go back 5000 yrs and more there, with the shamen always in touch.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

interesting

Post by Victoria Steele »

Interesting that you would mention crystal wands kevin. Just the other day I was visiting a very high end boutique in Palm Springs that specialized in fancy stuff for little doggies. Now my Harley would kill me, (or at least chew on me big time) if I gave him something that fancy but I have to admit, he does look nice in his cammie sweatshirt. ( Hey, its been cold. War, Southern California weather, yeah, right!)

Anyway, besides lovely specialty items for dogs she also had a side shop with the most beautiful crystal wands I have ever seen! Is that sort of an odd combination? Visiting for a while around the area so I am going to go back and ask her about them. Strange though that you would mention at about the same time that I was picking one up! Enter the " twilight zone" music.

So Paul? Any chance? An update? A whisper? Thursday? Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote: The book I found yesterday about rosicrucians is stunning, very bizzare in some of its thinking, but it goes into the seven auras around ouselves, their colours etc, I have a friend who can see the colours.
The book is a first edition 1949, same as me.
kevin, excuse me for jumping in between you and Griffin but I have a question of clarification. When you talk of the seven auras are you referring to the seven chakras? Also, I am only aware of the one aura that surrounds the physical body but will have layers of color that change.

Could you clarify for me please?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
James Barrett

rose and the flame

Post by James Barrett »

Kevin,

regarding your link on things sidereal and "initiates of the flame" ......

Was it T.S. Eliot who used the phrase " when the rose and the flame become one"......... or something like that. Seems appropriate here. JDB
Griffin
Senior Officer

crystal wand

Post by Griffin »

Victoria-

You might consider getting Harley a crystal wand and see what happens <g>.

As ever,

Griffin
Trickfox
The Magician

The Flame and the Rose

Post by Trickfox »

JDB....
Is this the kind of message we are speaking of here from Eliot?
Re: Little Gidding by T S Eliot
Posted by: Marian (---.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: October 31, 2001 11:04AM

This is a poem I understood a lot better before I stopped to think about it. Know what I mean?

And all shall be well and
All manner of thing shall be well
When the tongues of flames are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire
And the fire and the rose are one.

That is the end of the poem, but NOT the first appearance in it of "all shall be well" (aka "The Prayer of Julian of Norwich"), or roses, or fires, or FOLDING as a term for the reconciliation of opposites. For example, earlier in the poem:

These men, and those who opposed them
And those whom they opposed
Accept the constitution of silence
And are folded in a single party.
And all shall be well and
All manner of thing shall be well

Thoughout the poem, Eliot refers to "fire and water" as opposites, "these men, and those" as opposites, fire and the rose (making ash), etc. It seems to me that over the course of the poem, the ROSE comes to represent life and its passions, while the FIRE indicates destruction, death, and (paradoxically) the purification of the soul.
So at the end, he says, "we" end up where we started, but we know more. What I hear in the final lines is: "All shall be well when you realize that the rose and the flame are the same--that all those things you thought were OPPOSITES are really the same thing. You don't have to choose one (especiallyl since the choices you face are often 'fire-vs-fire.' Since everything contains its own opposite (the end = the beginning), you are always experiencing both. Life with it/them."
Thank you for pointing me in this direction.
Trickfox
James Barrett

folded in

Post by James Barrett »

Trickfox.......

"Thoughout the poem, Eliot refers to "fire and water" as opposites, "these men, and those" as opposites, fire and the rose (making ash), etc. It seems to me that over the course of the poem, the ROSE comes to represent life and its passions, while the FIRE indicates destruction, death, and (paradoxically) the purification of the soul.
So at the end, he says, "we" end up where we started, but we know more. What I hear in the final lines is: "All shall be well when you realize that the rose and the flame are the same--that all those things you thought were OPPOSITES are really the same thing. You don't have to choose one ."

Nicely stated and that thought works for many things that are happening right now, both in Pauls story of two lovers forced to live apart .. and todays political arena where there is a chance now of " All shall be well."

Somehow that phrase just makes me think of something Dr. Brown might have said. JDB
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

now theres a dangerous thought

Post by Victoria Steele »

Griffin,

Now there's a dangerous thought . My little Harley dog with his own crystal wand. He owns everything and everybody already , but being able to communicate better with the stupid human species, well then, maybe he would use it. Reminds me of the " golden dust" from the movie " Golden Compass" .... first reaches the daemons of each human and then goes to the human. Harley already understands that I think. I am the one who is slow.

Funny how " Rose" keeps coming up in the conversations. Symbol of Love and passion and maybe too .... hope.

And thats an interesting thought JDB about the " rose" and the " fire" standing for Linda and Morgan. Entities that some would say could not survive together in the world we know or that was available to them at the time, without the fire destroying the rose.

I wonder if Morgan ever considered that in his relationship with Linda or was he just ready to go on to meet his adventures and new career head on without any romantic entanglements? I think that he could sort of be that type. You know the kind. Focused!

Then twenty years later I wonder if he woke up and remembered those warm evenings that Paul has already written about. I wonder then if he said ... "hmmm.... maybe there is still a chance?"

Or would he run into opposition from Dr. Brown then? Its interesting to me that the Browns would be so welcoming of this red headed kid when he started his love affair with Linda. What happens to their impression of him when he picks being a " secret agent man" over the heart of their daughter? Or did Dr. Brown already know what was going to happen? Its like he stands by and watches to see which roads will be picked. But somehow he seems to already know.

But then again. I think both of them ( Dr. Brown and Josephine) knew what was in the future. Didn't Josephine say to Linda He will probably break your heart, but he will probably be worth it"

Reach for the hankies. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

reaching for hankies

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Victoria,

I think that you and I have sort of a built in relationship here with these two people, Morgan and Linda.

I got wound up in this story because initially of my interest in her experiences as a student. That evolved into sort of a fatherly concern for her, since she was an avid horsewoman and I see alot of that in my daughter Lisa. So in a way I see more maybe than some when I read about Linda and what she is going through.

You, I know, have struck an interest right away in this Morgan character. I think he turned into a very dangerous man personally. Its just the feel that I get over what has NOT been said of his activities. And maybe thats what draws you to his story? The bad boy attraction? Oh I think he probably would be alot of parents worst nightmare. Yet even in his wilder moments as a teenager he seems to have placed Linda somehow in a different area of his life. So that makes him even more interesting I guess. A bad boy who is also a gentleman? I can see the sweet and sour of it.

So here we are Victoria. Waiting to see what happens next. Keep the hankies close by. I'm not immune and too invested in the story I guess. MarkC
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I have been reading the doctrines of the rosicrucians quite carefully.
I find a lot of similer things as per what I detect, and the conclusions and reasoning in their thoughts on life and ending another life are interesting.
I never judge anything that I am not qualified to judge, so if they are right or wrong is not my concern.
What really caught my attention was the way guilt was removed almost from those that ended anothers life, if they considered they were merely assisting the deceased upon a pathway they needed to go along anyway, sort of lending a helping hand really.

That sort of understanding would be a very benificial way of dealing with been an assasin?
It is totally outside of the normal way of comprehending universe and what we are, and will become.
They also consider that we are incarnated upon a series of planets, with an etheric current running continuously between the planets, which makes really good sense to me.
That we evolve up in a set of steps from lower life forms, thus the prospect of having to kill someone is merely helping them along a route.

When you read something like this, there must be those out there that fully consider this totally true, you must then wonder who those people are and how such thinking influences the actions.
I can well understand if JR Tolkien thought this way, it would in many ways explain his stories?

Our central charecter on here morgan has been given a ring remember, maybe he is the wizard?
, I fink perhaps he is.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
James Barrett

not sure I agree

Post by James Barrett »

kevin,

I am not sure that I agree with your assesment of " helping some along".

Strikes me that its a nasty business however you might try to rationalize it. And the heavier the guilt perhaps.... (Even if you were given a higher understanding of the nature of life and death than your victims. They still would not have that understanding. They would still have fear and apphrehension and remorse .. well, some might. Hopefully no pain. But not understanding of the fresh start which might come later, the fear in that flash is something to be regretted.

And of course there are some who would say that there is something to be said for the simple natures rule of survival of the fittest. But there are many times that natures rule is heartbreakingly cruel. Even with the worst of the worst you have to wonder what his Mother might have said .........

I notice on another thread that Linda Brown has posted and I was tempted to post right away and to tell her that my admiration for her and her father is immense but somehow I didn't want my name to cover hers. Its nice to see it up there. I know eventually that someone will post and they probably will tell her how pleased they are that she finally has joined the forum and is available. For me its enough I think just to see that name up there. You see .... GOOD will prevail. James
Trickfox
The Magician

Royal strategy

Post by Trickfox »

I see that grandmother had in-fact decided to let her grandson become a bullet magnet. Seems to me that Mr. Twigsnapper and I were somewhat agreed that Harry might prove to be the perfect bait target. Now that the secret is out, I suppose our juggernaut strategy is blown.....

Too bad...Maybe it worked and we will never know, and the Prince's tour is over with anyhow.

Trickfox