THE LAST MIMZY

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

and then

Post by Mark Culpepper »

grinder,

Following your storyline here. What would happen if "the kids" go back to work with Intel regarding the development of the things that they might be capable of developing.? How far behind do you think that the military would be? About a second and a half!

Going the military route .....That whole project would be classified and pulled from the knowledge of the common citizen so fast it would make everybodys head swim. The brother and sister would probably have to assume some sort of identity which would afford them some security. And they probably would be ..... assigned someone .... to "look after them". National Security of course would be invoked. Their entire family would have a net over it.

Everyone who saw something strange would be "dealt with". The screaming meemie babysitter would probably encounter episodes of future "psychotic breaks" so that whatever she might say about the "little girl and her "spinning rocks" would be totally discounted.

The science teacher would have the choice of being on the "inside or of being on the outside and I think that he probably would have tried to stay on the inside but its a good thing he will have plenty of money from winning the lottery because otherwise he probably would have felt the urge to just sell out and head for Tibet. In fact, personally, I think he might still do that in our rewritten expanded " Mimzy " story.

The "Alien looking creatures" being us in the future? I frankly believe that could be pretty much close to the truth. Or if its not us from the future its another entity which cares enough to be " catching and releasing" samples of our population just to keep track of how we are slowly doing ourselves in. You know, test them, tag them, throw them back and then monitor how they are doing. Just so that you can find out how close to extinction they actually are. Hey, we do it with eagles and other critters. Why couldn't some other life force be doing that to us?

It can go on and on. MarkC
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

then theres security

Post by ladygrady »

But what if .. ..... a very powerful group which UNDERSTANDS what they have seen and how it all works gets to them before word gets out, before the military gets involved. What would happen then? What if the Caroline Group was the organization to step forward. What would happen THEN?

Now theres a twist that has to be considered too because handing this technology over to the Military minds just might not be the most beneficial thing to do. What sort of bombs or weapons might be developed.

Maybe the kids eventually loose out to those forces and thats why the scientist in the future has to be so desperate, because IN SPITE of their brilliance, maybe it wasn't in the long run enough.

Maybe in the end it took the tear to set things right. Oh my! what a thought!

And what would the little girl say when asked what she did during her vacation? My wager is that she will say nothing. grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: then theres security

Post by Mikado14 »

ladygrady wrote: But what if .. ..... a very powerful group which UNDERSTANDS what they have seen and how it all works gets to them before word gets out, before the military gets involved. What would happen then? What if the Caroline Group was the organization to step forward. What would happen THEN?
That is assuming that the Caroline group exists as a stand alone group anymore.

Which now brings me to a question that I have had for quite awhile and I can't seem to resolve it. Back in the fall, you posted that your "employer" just happened to drop the original job application for a Townsend Brown upon your desk. At this point, I believe my question should be quite obvious.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

what does that mean

Post by ladygrady »

Mikado,

What does that phrase " stand alone group" mean to you exactly?

Are you saying then the " Caroline Group" was EVER a " stand alone"? group? Does that that mean that it would have no internal connections, no courtesy exchanges between organizations or bureaus? Or governments?

I have learned a long time ago that information is normally of prime importance to all those who need it. And everyone needs it, normally.

And when you provide information, say as Sir William did during World War II and afterwards , then you accordingly build up .... what can they be called .... "markers"? Sometimes they are big and sometimes they are little.

What came across my desk was a courtesy exchange. I really don't need to say more, do I? That sort of thing happens all of the time. grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: what does that mean

Post by Mikado14 »

Good Morning ladygrady, how are things in Boston?

And now my explanation:
ladygrady wrote: Mikado,

What does that phrase " stand alone group" mean to you exactly?

Are you saying then the " Caroline Group" was EVER a " stand alone"? group? Does that that mean that it would have no internal connections, no courtesy exchanges between organizations or bureaus? Or governments?
"stand alone" to me would mean a group that has internal structure, for example the Scottish rite Freemasons. So far, without any conclusive evidence, it appears that the "Caroline" group is a loosely referenced organization of individuals that aspire to similar ideals working in need to know groups only. Of course this could change (my opinion that is) as more information comes forth.

As to "courtesy exchanges", it appears that individuals that call themselves "Caroline" are infiltrated within governments throughout the world. Are you implying that the flow of information between them are merely "courtesy exchanges"?
ladygrady wrote:
I have learned a long time ago that information is normally of prime importance to all those who need it. And everyone needs it, normally.
That may be true in certain circles but not in the American jurisprudence system.....and I can prove it with hard documents.

ladygrady wrote: What came across my desk was a courtesy exchange. I really don't need to say more, do I? That sort of thing happens all of the time. grady
A "courtesy exchange" you say? It happens all the time? Perhaps, but your right, you really don't need to say anymore....unless you wish.

With respect,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

nanotech

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I notice that there are some stories beginning to surface regarding the dangers to our dna from naoparticles that we have been developing in our modern substances ( usulally without realizing it). What the story said was that we might have lit our very own "time bomb" in our own bodies without realizing it and that our genetics and our susceptibilities to certain cancers could be increased. So isn't this sort of where the Mimzy story was going here? And remember, the first story was written in 1943?

Not that there is any connection, but isn't that when the Philadephia Experiment was supposed to occur? And frankly, though I KNOW I am reaching, that last scene where the little girl gets sort of "trapped" in the force field. That reminded me of the wierd writings of Carlos Allende.
I am not suggesting a strong correlation. Just making an observation. Would we be talking about the same sort of dimensional "blinking". Here one moment, somewhere else the next? There are just odd similarities here.

And Trickfox. Are they playing " The Last Mimzy" in Canada. I don't know about their release locations. If nearby you really have to see it. The guys in the movie at Intel should have you on their team.

And Paul. I had no idea that was Brian Green and as we agreed, He was in that movie because it had a message for him and it was important to him. But you are one sharp cookie to notice him!

Much to think about. I am still wondering what a Bandersnatch might look like. But Paul. I have figured out the tree that he rested under! I believe that the man who wrote Winds of War called it his " Lucky Tree". Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

and I know too!

Post by grinder »

I can not believe what has just happened!. Nobody is going to believe me!
I just this morning visited a music store and was flipping through different CDs and there was a selection of Jimmy Buffett stuff. So I though, hey, given that we have talked about him on and off on the forum it might be nice to have some of his music for inspiration and background! ....... so I put my hand on a bright orange thing and it said " Don't Stop The Carnival". Which is ODD because I had just said to someone who really doesn't buy into all of this strangeness that has happened around me since being introduced to the life of Townsend Brown. So I had said. Hey ..." Don't rain on my parade! Its MY circus its going to!" I thought I was being so clever and anyway he shut up.

So when I saw that Don't stop the Carnival I picked it up. How could I not? Glancing down I saw a familiar name. NORMAN PAPERMAN. And I thought my head would explode because thats the name Paul says Morgan used when he first contacted him. I am right here aren’t I ? I haven’t reread that yet I am too damned excited.

So I got home and put the music on and sort of laughed when the part came on about having a “different set of toolsâ€
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Impish

Post by ladygrady »

And its hard for me to miss the expressions " Impish grin" ( which you just found) and "Impish sense of humor which was part of an old message from Mr. Twigsnapper which was just brought to the surface in the " character of Townsend Brown " section. Within about an hour that word has been used or rementioned twice.

Paul ... is this one of those "cosmic Ha has you have been talking about?
grady
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

chortle?

I guess the word "chortle" was one of the words used by Carroll also but now most people seem to recognize it.

This is just to fill in the other things I didn't know about the Alice in Wonderland saga.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.p ... e=20000128

I especially liked this

Considering what a difficult time people have when they're trying to thrust even one personally coined term into the language, this poem has contributed a surprising number. Beyond the beastly bandersnatch, we have, at the very least, galumph, frabjous, and, believe it or not, chortle. What is most remarkable is that "Jabberwocky," a poem so stuffed with gibberish that there is hardly a comprehensible word in it, seems somehow to be filled with meaning. Alice herself reveals why we are so beguiled by it when she says, "... It seems to fill my head with ideas -- only I don't know exactly what they are."

and it seems to me that this is also what the writer James Joyce was so very good at doing. I gave up trying to manage reading Joyce a long time ago but I have noted that Joyce was Morgans favorite author. One wonders if these "nonsensical words" lock into something even more important than the words we assign in everyday life. And sometimes when you look beyond ... common language just does not work! Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Just Another Day in the Rabbit Hole

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:WHAT, WHAT, WHAT, WHAT. Somebody want to TRY to explain this to me???????
In one of my previous lives, I worked for a TeeVee producer named Danny Arnold, who had previously created a show starring William Windom based on the life of James Thurber.

The show was called "My World And Welcome To It."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Joyce

Post by Radomir »

I gave up trying to manage reading Joyce a long time ago but I have noted that Joyce was Morgans favorite author.
Try drinking a beer and then pick up Ulysses again. It makes a lot more sense that way.

Seriously.

He writes in the eternal present in that book. After a beer or two, your brain stops trying to make it into common narrative structure, and it's a lot easier going.

(Sez the English major.)

I never even tried Finnegan's Wake.

R.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

one beer, two please

Radomir,

I don't drink at all. One tequila sunrise and I can't feel my knees so yes, one beer, better two and I'll try Joyce once more. Good advice!

Joyce writes in the "eternal present?"

What does it say about the character of the man who delights in his work? Was a mystery to me but maybe now I am beginning to understand. Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Wake

Post by Radomir »

Now that I think of it, Finnegan's Wake may also hold attraction for such a mind that finds puzzles and crosswords and codes of fascination.

Endlessly recursive, full of oblique references and allusions, with levels both mythical and common--such a book might hold the interest of one who had already puzzled through the works of Russian authors.

R.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the crossword

Post by twigsnapper »

Radomir,

I thought that you would appreciate a test that I gave to Morgan in the fall of 1965. This experience actually occurred sometime between the moment I first saw him as he stood in my den and later in the day when we had had our confrontation and when I sat beside him on the floor and handed him a cold washcloth. It was an exceptionally long day.

I do especially remember slowly realizing what I was going to be dealing with. Dr. Brown warned me in his own way. His only instruction was a " "Good Luck with this one" ... with a little chuckle at the end of that advice. I wondered about that.

As Paul has written the kid was tall and strong and self assured and quite handsome actually.. All good workable qualitiesin the sort of world he would be entering. Intelligence tests he had taken beforehand for us marked him off our charts and that has to say something for him. (One of our tests was a fairly complicated crossword puzzle that I generally drew from the local newspaper. Being Boston , it was not known for being exceptionally simple.) I handed him the puzzle and he looked over it as I explained what the various rules were. Had to be done in pen, no alternations, so you had to be SURE before you commited a course. etc, etc. He just nodded as I spoke , his eyes still on the paper. I said " Ready?" and he handed the paper back and simply said, with a grin " Finished." I said something exceptionally dull ... as in ...." What?"

I handed him the pen and in front of my eyes he just filled in all the blanks, going over it like some sort of printing machine. It was just about then that I realized that whatever I did with this fellow , it could not be ordinary.

And I have to say also. He was my student for a very short time. twigsnapper
Radomir
Senior Cadet

vignette

Post by Radomir »

Thanks for the illuminating story regarding Morgan's intellectual talent, not to mention his abbreviated and self-posessed style.

That of course was before he allowed you bait him into losing his cool.

He may have been your student for a very short time, but I'm sure he never stopped learning from you.

R.