BRAIN PRINTS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

yes from me too

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Yes kevin, Please, from me too. Don't send something without your interpretation of it. You see, I have the additional problem of sometimes not being able to see what it is that you have sent. And thats what happened here so when faced with that I sometimes read the comments about the video clip ( that remember, I can't see)

You might try doing that with what you posted. Just read the comments that were sent in about it . Had nothing to do with the forum here but with what I read in those comments that offended me. I understand now where you are coming from but try reading some of those comments on the clip and you will see why I responded the way I did.

And now that I know what the hell is going on I do agree with you that cutting free from the feminine or the masculine is probably a better way to try to look at things. Of course most of us are not free enough to do that. So we have to simply work with what we are given.

We are who we are (and thats the joy and the beauty of this particular group on the forum).

Mikado is the investigative type and he drives hard for what he is after .... if that rubs people, well, then they need to be rubbed. Paul is above else a careful researcher who has set the goal of reaching the truth as he is allowed to see it. He is a romantic deep down but he has a strong center. We need that. You see what I mean?

Each person who has entered into a relationship in this forum ( and you know it would be hard to name all of you but think on this, don't you all feel somewho DRAWN to this forum and to what you KNOW you can contribute?) The proceedure of the telling of Townsend Browns story has a particular strength and meaning to each of us. But the interesting thing to me is that one of us alone would not be able to do what all of us together are doing!

There is some sort of magical interaction that is happening here that you can see if you look carefully at the way the folks on the forum respond to certain situations. It is a living breathing thing in its own way and it does seem to WANT somehow to help Paul, just as Mr. Twigsnapper said.

I know that its strange taking a bunch of people, lumping them together and then in a visionary way seeing all of them as a single entity that SEEMS to want something in all of this. Do you guys see it too or is it just me? I get strange impressions sometimes and maybe I should not be speaking for more than just myself. Me? I feel like I somehow " signed up" for this.

The impression I have had about this forum is that it is much like a fine sailing ship. Paul and I have talked about this for a long time. Its as if this ship " calls to her crew". Do you see what I mean?

When a certain personality is needed for a certain position that person seems to " find us" somehow. I don't understand how that happens. I just know that I have been watching it happen. And part of the magic of it is that we all ARE different. This ship needs hands that can do different things. She needs experts in all kinds of fields. And so to try to be like each other or too consentual in our opinions would defeat the reason we are all here.

Did I just make any sense to any one? Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
" did I make any sense to anyone ",
Aye aye captain
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

navigator

Well, you said you could navigate at speed!

No Captain here Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

The significance of Brainprinting

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

OK, so I'm going to bring this discussion back around to the original subject.

What is the significance of brainprinting?

From a criminal justic POV:

Brain Fingerprinting, developed by Dr Larry Farwell, chief scientist and founder of Brain Fingerprinting Laboratories, is a method of reading the brain's involuntary electrical activity in response to a subject being shown certain images relating to a crime. It was used in 2004 as part of the key evidence to overturn the murder conviction of Jimmy Ray Slaughter who is facing execution in Oklahoma.
The accuracy of this technology lies in its ability to pick up the electrical signal, known as a p300 wave, before the suspect has time to affect the output.
The suspect wears a headband equipped with sensors to measure electrical activity in response to the person being shown images related to the crime for which they are accused.

During the research phase of this equipment, they tested it on FBI agents, testing phrases or words only an agent would know. In this manner, they were able to assess with 100% accuracy whether a person was an agent or not.

Dr Farwell says of it:

"It is highly scientific, brain fingerprinting doesn't have anything to do with the emotions, whether a person is sweating or not; it simply detects scientifically if that information is stored in the brain," says Dr Farwell.

Now, this brainprinting (aka brain fingerprinting) is different from the traditional EEG and Functional MRI.
Next post, I'll go into the differences between traditional EEG, fMRI, and this brain fingerprinting technology, unless someone else beats me to it!

LongboardLOVELY

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_fingerprinting
http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/I ... arvis.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3495433.stm
and Neuroanatomy at UCIrvine, summer quarter 1989
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: diverse but not disconnected

Post by Radomir »

twigsnapper wrote:Radomir

"Over the past two years I have noticed something analogous to what you have written above. Something I have been tentatively calling the "global renaissance." It may be that this is nothing new, but it did feel like a discovery to me, over the past two years"

I just wondered why it was , for you, that that span of time seemed notable?
Only that it took until about two years ago for me to notice something going on that seemed to fall outside the realm of the commonly recognized or known. And fortunately about the same time I ran across that book I've mentioned before, Finite and Infinite Games, which gave me a vocabulary to describe what I was noticing.

I don't quite know how to summarize the wild ride that has been the last four years or so of my life, but I'll try to below. And I'll try to keep it short and high-level.

This was all an upshot of digging in the dirt, as Peter Gabriel might say. Since a few months before the last US presidential election, I had been researching what might be termed the bad-news realm, and forwarding related emails to a large list of friends and associates on a regular basis.

At one point a friend of mine emailed me back asking for mercy, telling me that receiving so much new, negative information about the world was making her feel increasingly distressed and helpless. She challenged me not to send any more such upsetting news, history or information without also sending along with it at least one, real, actionable possibility or option for helping to make it better.

That really brought me up short. She managed to show me how I was helping the bad-news machine to do its job even more effectively. Whoa. So I took up her challenge and stopped forwarding information entirely, and went on the search for alternatives.

That led to my learning about some pretty incredible people, stories, history, and options that I would never have otherwise learned about. I did a lot of triangulation, validation, even replication of specific things to learn whether they were true.

As I've mentioned here previously, some of those leads turned out to be bogus. But enough of them turned out to be true & real to both validate and transform my understanding of the past, the present and what may be possible in the future.

Several months later I wrote her to thank her, because that process really woke me up in so many ways. For instance I'm not sure I would have found my way here without her challenge.
twigsnapper wrote:I really hope that others take what you have said above as their banner.
With thanks to you for saying so, I would be glad if they found something roughly equivalent as their own banner--the point being not to all have the same banner, but the same general spirit, wherever it may lead us. Which is the movement away from marching and towards dance, as you rightly reminded us from flow's quote.

It's an honor to be part of this forum. My thanks to each and every one of you for bringing your whole selves to this remarkable conversation.

R.
grinder
Senior Officer

roots and leaves

Post by grinder »

Radomir,

I know many of us have followed a strangely similar past experience where we suddenly were shown somehow that there HAS to be another way. And somehow, at least for me, I found my feet on this path too.

There are similarities in the story. I stayed on the edge of the forum watching the discussion for quite awhile and then something just said ...." get in there .... you need to get in there." Now I still don't know WHY I need to involve myself but I am here anyway.

For me at the deepest core of it is my quest to uncover some of my families own riddles. I grew up in San Francisco, lost my Dad when I was nineteen. Never knew exactly what it was that he did and my Mom never "went there" in response to my questions.

But still there are things that you sense. We didn't have a graveside service because he had chosen to be buried somewhere else. And that REALLY upset me. ( Even though, I had to admit, I barely knew him. At least I guess I told myself, if I knew WHERE he was buried I would at least know SOMETHING of this man.)

About a month after his death a couple of men came to our door. They arrived on motorcycles. I thought they were just neighbors at first because the guy who lived next door worked on Harleys. But they came to our house. One of them was a tall individual and he was carrying a carefully wrapped package. They had been there for awhile when my Mom called me into the room. The taller man handed this package to me and asked me to open it. It was a flag, a burial flag. Later I found a picture in the folds of it. It was just a picture of a bedroom, very spartan looking. Bed, nightstand, picture on the nightstand of a woman. The only life in the picture was a cat on the bed. I took it later to indicate what kind of life my Dad had lived, this was obviously his apartment, somewhere. )

The tall man told me that my Dad had set this aside for me before his death. He shook my hand. And he said " Someday you will know what you need to know". And then this man and his companion just nodded to my Mom. turned on their heels and were gone.

So. Here I am. waiting and digging for the answers. grinder
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: The significance of Brainprinting

Post by Radomir »

Grinder: That's some story, wow. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you find what you are looking for. That you will come at some point to "know what you need to know." And regardless it's great to be aboard this particular ship with you.
LongboardLOVELY wrote: Dr Farwell says of it:

"It is highly scientific, brain fingerprinting doesn't have anything to do with the emotions, whether a person is sweating or not; it simply detects scientifically if that information is stored in the brain," says Dr Farwell.
Thanks for bringing us back to the topic at hand, LongboardL.

Two things bother me about the technology as presented.

First, let's take this chap's quote, above: he twice asserts that because it's "highly scientific" it is therefore infallable in determining whether specific information is actually stored in the brain. He is actually just testing whether there is some response that can be measured when certain words are said or questions are asked. The big leap is correlating that stimulus-response to whether someone actually knows something, or thinks they know something, or thinks or feels something related to something...that has to do with whatever they are being asked.

If a person has for instance seen a movie or read a fiction book about a particular type of terrorist act or plot, and then later is asked "do you know how to do X or Y" then the possibility is high that person will have a "positive" brain print that they "know" how to do that.

The second thing that bothers me is the same with all such technology--its about access and power, ultimately a civil liberties issue.

If everyone has access to the technology, and I mean everyone, it has more likelihood of becoming a commonly used data point in addition to lots of other data points and process to help people learn or discern what is known and what is true. In that case, it might become a helpful technology (although hopefully never one that is deemed infallable, as per the previous paragraphs above).

But as I assume it will likely be a technology confined for use only by specific law enforecement agencies...my concern is that it will be as abused as any of the earlier "lie detector" technologies were, simply to drive an agenda and "prove" whatever they seek to prove, whether it is true or not.

This, my friends, is outright fascism: "A proposed brain fingerprinting system includes a 10-minute computerized security screening to be conducted by each individual every few years to see whether they possess particular knowledge, like how to carry out specific types of terrorist activities. Each person would be given a "security risk profile," which would be stored in a federal databank to be used for authentication purposes at airports and public buildings."

R.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

eyes wide open

Bothersome, to be sure. That whole last paragragh just makes my skin crawl. Nothing like having some organization checking up on you every few years to make sure that your thoughts haven't taken a wrong turn according to their standards.

As Mr. Twigsnapper is fond of saying ...." Loopholes there big enough to drive a truck through."

And that " highly scientific" statement is bothersome too, as you noted.

And you are totally right. Facism pure and simple. And we can be goaded in that direction by being sold on the fact that we should be afraid, very afraid of the outside terrorist situation. ALERT. Our regard should be in two directions here. Again, its important knowing about these things.But how much attention do we need to give this?

I am suddenly reminded of Mr. Twigsnappers last message about red herrings. This would certainly be fragrant enough to maybe gualify. Its interesting and I am tempted to go in that direction but I ask myself "does this really have the whiff of the fox that I am after?" and I have to say, for myself, no it does not. There is something here that is connected somehow to this technology but not, something related, but not the same, something much more basic perhaps and, I hope following our discussion before, what is out there that is waiting for us to see and maybe is much more postive for our future?

In other words. Instead of buying into the "bad" of all of this, (which all of us know is out there) perhaps if we continue in our search of what Dr. Brown was doing . In doing that , taking that road, just maybe thats a route that will eventually open up technologies on the more positive side of this situation. One hopes?

Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

bringing it back to TTB

Post by Radomir »

You're right, EHD, to say we need to focus back on what does this have to do with TTB.

My assumption (right or wrong) has been that Mr. twigsnapper sent us in this direction so that we could see that IF it is currently possible to "read/detect" thoughts and possibly also to directly affect thoughts & emotions via EMR or other related techniques, THEN we might be more easily able to understand how--or by what means--Dr. Brown might have been inspired to "just know" some of the amazing things that he did. If he was "receiving" such inspiration on a universe-all wavelength.

This also gets to your question, rightly, about how any of this type of technology could be used to help & heal. Which it clearly could, if used in the most painstakingly ethical fashion. For instance helping people with suicidal depression--a non-chemical way to help them feel more balanced until they can get back on their feet. You don't want a population of happy-all-the-time "wireheads" like sci-fi author Larry Niven wrote about (hi Mikado! I think we're both Niven fans?). But therapeutic use of EMR and related technology could be a real boon, especially for those who can't or would prefer not to spend their lives popping anti-depressant pills.

R.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I consider that we are a product of this planet.
We are sort of on the same wave length, and the following link shows the relevant frequencies, I with ever increasing frequency am drawn to this bloody Haarp project, it really bothers me?
http://www.Valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/Schumann.html
If they think that they can alter this planets frequencies for some reason, I dont wonder that many people say there are aliens here already.
David Barclay has allowed me to glimpse the universe and how it operates, I have a huge advantage, I slice through its method of delivery and transfer when ever I am dowsing, so I have have built up a huge mental picture of this system and its sequences.
One thing is really becoming clear to me, ATTRACTION.
If I am positively interested and absorbed in something, information and any relevant information will be attracted towards me, this can be hard to grasp and recognise, but I am now more and more accepting that this is how it operates.
If Dr Brown was like this from early youth, He would have been like a huge magnet to any relevant information contained in the matrix like system.
I am not the same person that set off on my little quest under two years ago, and both sides of my brain are operating together, I know others in a similer situation, it does bring out some femine traits, which was one other reason i posted the queen link.
remember lots of the pop stars have been using drugs, David Bowie is a prime example, he did sing about a starman waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and see us, but he thinks he'll blow our minds.
Will He, and WHO is HE.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

EHD, Radomir.

Kevin's link (thanks kevin) shows us that there are relationships among global resonances and the nature of brain activities ( think about how dogs know there's going to be an earthquake, and why all creatures are so silent before bad storms). Since these resonant properties are both of an electromagnetic and physical (acoustical) nature, we're talking about the natural wholeness of earth systems (if not planetary) and their relationships.

Differing levels of realities are reflective of the natures of the others. Or as the ancients said, "as above...so below." My opinion is that this is what TTB and Tesla before him were most fascinated with, especially in light of TTB's extensive pursuits of petrovoltaic experimentation in the 50's and 60's and Tesla's pursuit of EM resonance studies in the 1800's. Also brings to mind Lovelock's theories regarding the Gaia principle.

I'd sure like to know who this Tony Smith is and why he feels so compelled to connect these dots in ways that one does not readily find elsewhere. Probably just another nutcase like the rest of us. And kevin, your concerns regarding HAARP may have some justification in light of all this.

flow.... :lol:
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Stop me...

Post by Paul S. »

...if you've already made this connection...
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:WORKED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA .... YOU ARE NOT KIDDING HERE ARE YOU?
Have we already forgotten THIS connection?

THE ELDRIDGE REEVES JOHNSON FOUNDATION

Since its establishment in 1929, this pioneer research foundation has become a leading center for research and instruction in the biochemical and biophysical aspects of medicine and biology.

The Eldridge Reeves Johnson Foundation
Department of Biochemisty and Biophysics
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/biocbiop/jf/jf.html

Hmmm....now, where have we seen THAT name before.... hmmm???

-PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

that connection and maybe others

Thank you Paul for putting that link and that connection up there about Eldridge Johnson. I am sure there are some new members out there who might not have caught my stunned reaction about the Univresity of Pa when Mr. Twigsnapper first threw this information in LindaBs direction, and mine too I guess. And why. Quick primer: Mr. Johnson was Townsend Browns host on the "Caroline" when he joined the " Group". The man who actually drew Townsend Brown into the group in the thirties. Everybody with us now?

And Paul this is probably buried in the research information too and really has not much to say about all of this but I was struck by the fact that Dr. Schwan decided ( or was given the opportunity) to work at the University of Pa and also decided to live in the town of Radnor. Which is where I understand many of the staff members chose to live at one time or another. It looks like he had a wonderful, stable, productive life and was highly recognized in his field.

I have wondered now seeing what was offered to Schwan, if Morgan had decided to lead a more conventional scholarly life, would he and Linda have been encouraged to settle down in that little town?

I can't quite see Morgan as a professor in a tweed jacket with the elbow patches and the pipe. But I wonder, if he had DECIDED to go in that direction? To marry and have the family that others around in the neighborhood had, would that have been offered to him also? Through the Caroline Group? A little house maybe with roses in the front, Prestige and a stable life? That would have been provided? Perhaps so, huh?

Makes it all the more interesting why he chose the life that he chose. Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: Stop me...

Paul S. wrote:...THE ELDRIDGE REEVES JOHNSON FOUNDATION

Since its establishment in 1929, this pioneer research foundation has become a leading center for research and instruction in the biochemical and biophysical aspects of medicine and biology.

The Eldridge Reeves Johnson Foundation
Department of Biochemisty and Biophysics
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/biocbiop/jf/jf.html

Hmmm....now, where have we seen THAT name before.... hmmm???

-PS
Actually, I had made that connection, about 2 months ago or so ... and it gets pretty interesting...

LongboardLOVELY
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Brain Prints, P300, Where is Brown's work in all this?

Radomir wrote: First, let's take this chap's quote, above: he twice asserts that because it's "highly scientific" it is therefore infallable in determining whether specific information is actually stored in the brain. He is actually just testing whether there is some response that can be measured when certain words are said or questions are asked. The big leap is correlating that stimulus-response to whether someone actually knows something, or thinks they know something, or thinks or feels something related to something...that has to do with whatever they are being asked
That's a good point, but as you'll see in a minute, it is very scientific. As a matter of fact, they are using that specific technology for early Alzheimer's diagnosis.
The P300 is a neural evoked potential component of the electroencephalogram (EEG). This event-related potential (ERP) appears as a positive deflection of the EEG voltage at approximately 300 ms.
The P300 only peaks in the vicinity of 300 msec for very simple decisions. More generally, its latency appears to reflect the amount of time necessary to come to a decision about the stimulus. The more difficult the decision, the longer it would take to appear. The P300 appears to reflect only this stimulus evaluation time and not the time required to translate the decision into the physical response. The amplitude of the P300 therefore gives information about how the person is categorizing the stimuli and how rare they are considered to be subjectively.

So what does this mean? Well, recent research into BCI (Brain-Computer Interfacing) has used the P300 to start "mapping" the brain. Altruistically, one could feasibly create an entire human brain on the computer. This could help people create cures for brain cancer, study the effects of aging, and eradicate traumatic brain injury....
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: In other words. Instead of buying into the "bad" of all of this, (which all of us know is out there) perhaps if we continue in our search of what Dr. Brown was doing . In doing that , taking that road, just maybe thats a route that will eventually open up technologies on the more positive side of this situation. One hopes?
The road has to begin somewhere, EHD. I started at what I felt may be a logical point of discussion. There is definitely a point to made, but I can't get to D from A without bypassing B and C :)

Don't worry, the information is there. Discussing the P300 and Brainprinting technology will get us to Brown's work eventually. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

LongboardLOVELY