ADAMSKI Scout Ship

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

ADAMSKI Scout Ship

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I am sorry Paul. Another branch to the discussion forum here but I couldn't really find where to put theis topic and I kind of think that its a big enough subject to have its own.

My brother was fascinated with the pictures of " The Adamski Scout Ship" (as it came to be known.) And now I have a simple question. Yeah, right? Which came first? Dr. Browns design (which we have seen pictures of and I will post as soon as I can find them!) OR did Dr. Brown fashion his design after what Adamski said that he had seen? Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Can we talk about all things ADAMSKI here. I think there is a wealth of information out there.

I have read a little bit about Adamski and what stands out was that MOST people who talked with him felt that he was really quite serious about his fantastic claims. So I wondered. Did he actually see what he said he saw, meet the "pilots" of the craft etc. and maybe was just disinformed by them regarding who they REALLY were. You can tell already that I have a pet theory, but I will wait on that until others can take a look too. MarkC
grinder
Senior Officer

toys

Post by grinder »

Well, I guess you can say you have really made it when they start making toys of your design. Notice this:

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Adamsk ... erPage.htm

"In 1952, during one of the first great UFO "flaps" of the mid-20th Century, "Professor" George Adamski of the Mt. Palomar Observatory gained significant notoriety when the publicly claimed to have not only seen spacecraft from the planet Venus, but that had been personally contacted by their ethereal inhabitants. In December 1952 he released a photo of one of these Venusian "Scout Ships" and spent the next several years playing the role of Messianic Messenger from the Stars.

It was subsequently revealed that "Professor" Adamski wasn't an astronomer at Palomar at all -- he mere ran a hot dog stand nearby -- and his "flying saucer" was either the end cap of a 1930s canister-style vacuum cleaner or part of an automatic chicken feeder (Contemporary reports differ).

In any event, Adamski's Venusian "Scout Ship" was clearly the inspiration for the similarly styled UFO featured in the 1960's ABC TV series, "The Invaders." Only that craft never fed any chickens.
This is one of the few injection-molded models of a "real" UFO ever to hit the mass market. Released by Japan's Marmit company in 2003, it accurately captures the simple lines of this historic vacuum cleaner end-cap -- er -- chicken feeder -- er, extraterrestrial spacecraft.

This exotic kit was released in only limited numbers and was available in the U.S. only via specialty mail-order companies. Marmit also released "All Chrome" and "Glow" versions of the same mold.

This model was built from an original issue."

WHAT DO THEY MEAN, BUILT FROM AN ORIGINAL ISSUE? It looks just like the model of the " Adamski saucer I have seen credited to Dr. Brown.Abd was it you Mikado who sent us that original drawing showing a ship IDENTICAL TO THIS?

And if the stupid things were "chicken feeders" why did Dr. Brown have a drawing of it behind him in the Adamski tapes?

So, what the heck? grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Bahnson tapes?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

grinder,

I think that you meant " the Bahnson tape" right? There is indeed a very prominent drawing of this " chicken feeder" behind the principals on this tape on a blackboard. Also, check out the lab notebook ( I think it was Number one) where Dr. Brown mentioned the craft design particularly and even dubbed it the " Adamski Scout Ship. So he obviously knew about that mans claims and the publicity around it.

But here is the kicker folks. That little nob on the toy and on the pictures of the " chicken feeder" was called a " Cesium dispenser" by Dr. Brown. I assume a form of ionized Cesium. Cesium you all will note has been a topic of discussion in another site....... with the color displayed from it sometimes ............ blue ............

So was the Adamski Scout Ship sighting a hoax? In what direction? and for what purpose?

Perhaps a disinformation campaign started to cover up what might have really been going on? After all, if you get dismissive enough of people who want to declare what they have seen, if you make all witnesses "crackpots " in the eyes of their friends and neighbors, if it gets so bad that declaring what you have seen could cost you your job, what do you do? NOTHING> Exactly.

Paul. Can you put up that drawing ( done by Thomas Williams) of the Scout ship so we can compare it to the " chcken feeder/ hubcap? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

"Scout Ship" Illustration

Post by Paul S. »

This image comes from a 1955 or '56 proposal Dr. Brown wrote on the subject of "ElectroHydroDynamics," aka "EHD."

This discussion of the "Adamski Scout Ship" is a good one. It has come up a couple of times in correspondence with Morgan and others. As has been pointed out here it's an interesting chicken-and-egg proposition.

Beats me at the moment which came first, although if memory serves me, Adamski's reported sightings and encounters took place in 1952 or thereabouts.

And the mention of the "Bahnson tapes" reminds me, I've been meaning to edit that down and get it online somewhere. Maybe I can get back to that over the weekend.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

how can they say

How can they say that the TV show " The Invaders" ship was really taken after Adamskis saucer? Thats a real stretch I think, because it is vastly uglier. And one step above the Adamski version I think was The Williams version of the Townsend Brown ship. It has a certain beauty to it I think which Hollywood missed with their version completely, but isn't that sort of typical?

Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Bad guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I guess I will be the bad guy.

George Adamski wrote a science fiction book in the late 40's titled "Pioneers of Space" or something like that. He then wrote, what may have been his first or second book titled, "Inside Space Ships". A woman by the name of Laura, who I knew over 30 years ago, had a copy of both books. There were striking similarities and she claimed that the first was truth disguised as fiction and the second was the truth as truth.

For some strange reason, I believe he was part of the disinformation trail and was contacted, as such, to do this. However, I would not be surprised to find that he knew Mr. Kitslemen....not.. in... the... least... bit.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

double check me

Mikado,

Double check me on this information ( Andy, you there?) But I believe that George Adamski stopped at the Bahnson lab to visit at one point. I believe that Dr. Brown had already left the facility and the information I think came to Andrew through the Bahnson family. Now there is an interesting link.

As far as Beau Kitselman? I don't know. It may be that one of Beaus daughters could shed some light on that. I do know that Adamski spent some time in Laguna Beach ( Beau was living at the time in La Jolla) but I could be off quite a few notches. I will check it out better and get back to you.

And Suzzette? If you are reading this. Did your Dad ever mention Adamski? Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the best photo

Here is probably the most famous and maybe the best photo of the Adamski saucer.

http://www.geocities.com/thesimonmurphy ... damski.htm

And this comment is really choice.

"Adamski's 1950s photos of the Venusian 'Scout Ship' are amongst the best known of all UFO images, yet they were effectively exposed as fakes by Yankee magazine in the US as early as May 1954. Writers at the magazine shot their own photos of an uncannily similar craft made from a coffee can lid, a Chrysler hub cap and three ping-pong balls."

Lets see, a few magazine yahoos got together, aproximated the look of the "saucer" by fashioning together a coffee can and a hub cap and called it EVEN? Where did the chicken feeder go? Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I'll see if I can dig up the date of Adamski visiting the Bahnson labs. I can't promise anything - it's a good bit of material to sift through. I should probably start putting tags here and there...
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

time doesn't matter

Andrew,

Don't bother to look that hard! I know that it happened and if we ever need the exact date THEN I will ask you to go through all of those notes. I am just glad that you remembered! The fact that you have an account of that visit is what is important.

Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Bahnson "Scout Ship" photos

Post by Paul S. »

Here are a some images from the archives of the "Scout Ship" model that was experimented with at the Bahnson lab, 1957-1958:

Image Image

and this one shows the model suspended in an oil medium:

Mikado, or Andrew, might have something to say about what these photos represent.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

On Dec. 21, 1957, there is an entry "Use Adamski dimensions for...foil or light metal..." (the handwriting isn't all that clear) and then a diagram of a model with a similar construction.

There is a reference to a meeting with Adamski on January 4, 1958 at Rincon Springs Restaurant, Pilgrim 23321, Pala, CA.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the right person

Perhaps Adamski was chosen as you suggested Mikado to perform this service. Telling the truth but surrounding it at the same time with fantasy. Its almost as if this is some sort of seed of knowledge that has been protected but at the same time has worked its own magic into the publics conciousness.

Remember the times, as our Mr. Twigsnapper keeps saying. People after the atomic bombs use were worried about what might be "out there". It had pretty well been demonstrated what enormous forces were available for destruction. I think that the public at large wanted to hear about some "space brotherhood" that was worried about us and that had the technology to back that worry up. So, did Adamski supply that fodder for discussion? He spent years taking that message around the world.

The movie " The Day the Earth Stood Still" was a perfect example of all those thoughts put into form. And of course, in the movie ... humans react badly to the encounter. If that same "landing" occurred now? What would happen? Seventy some years later? Has our mentality improved? Look at the difference between "Close Encounters" and " The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Mikado, you made a comment that you felt perhaps he was "chosen" for this. If so, how does a hot dog vendor on the slopes of Mt. Palomar get chosen for this chore? Someone needs maybe to ask ....." who gave him the fancy telescope that he used for his initial investigations? Who were the " two men" that he describes as " from the Navy????" ( I don't remember how he exactly described them .... someone out there have his book in hand?
He said that they had told him that these "saucers" would be revealed "in time". And then he went off to spin his yarn about peace and good will and space "brothers"

http://thenewagefiles.shadowweb.info/bi ... george.php

"Late in the 1920's he called a halt to his wanderings and settled down in Laguna Beach, California. His interest in cosmic matters was striking through the following decade. He gathered around him a small group of followers whom he instructed in his views of the universe, in cosmic principles of brotherhood, and in God. He called his organization The Royal Order of Tibet, one of the many cults then popular in southern California, typical for the day, somehow believing that Tibetan monks had secrets of the universe locked away in their monasteries through long ages."

(Seems that we have seen this before)

From what others have said about him, Adamski seems a sweet, driven individual who others take as being totally earnest in his endeavors. If he was being used as a "disinformation" agent did he know about it?

Sometimes its hard to get valid information about the man because people now see his name and think automatically HOAX, but is that what was REALLY going on? Elizabeth
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

remember the women

Post by twigsnapper »

Again I say " Remember the women!"

The woman who helped Adamski write his book was named Charlotte Blodget. She came from the Bahamas. That should pretty much tell you Paul.

twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

so I googled

Post by grinder »

So I googled Adamski Blodget Bahamas and I came up with verification of that . Or at least what she wrote in her introduction of his book " Inside the Space Ships" the entirety I think is there on line. Look it up if you want and just read what his message was. Not all that bad actually if you can get by the ultimate strangeness of the characters that he has named

http://www.cosmic-people.com/english/books/adamsk_e.htm

"the introduction to this book I wish to begin by stating that while none can help but find the contents deeply fascinating, I am fully aware that incredulity in varying degrees is bound to follow. Some will accept George Adamski’s claims that his experiences inside the space slips were real and factual. Many, feeling the sincerity with which he tells his story, will brand him as an honest but self-deluded man and toss his adventures into the category of the mental or psychic. Still others, trained to reject everything not yet proven in the familiar three dimensions, will enjoy writing it all off as a clever hoax.

Although I myself have seen the space ships on several occasions, both here in the Bahamas where I live and at Palomar during the several weeks I stayed there this past summer, I have never been inside one. Nor, to my knowledge, have I ever met a space man. I have, however, met George Adamski. To know him leads to at least one certainty. He is a man of unquestionable integrity."

She has seen them on several occasions " here in the Bahamas?" grinder