VRIL Connections

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

VRIL Connections

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I thought I would go ahead and create this new post. Because discussions of Vril are going to mushroom, I can see that right now and we are going to need this.

So, Following Kevin and Elizabeth Drake, Here goes:

"Several authors (detailed below) have claimed that a Vril Gesellschaft (Society), or Luminous Lodge, was a secret community of occultists in pre-Nazi Berlin. The Berlin Vril Society was in fact a sort of inner circle of the Thule Society. It was also thought to be in close contact with the English group known as the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. No verifiable evidence of the Vril Society's existence has ever been published."

HUH? Is this another face of something that Paul has called " The Caroline Group"?

This is from this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril

Happy hunting folks. Off I go! Mark C
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

an onion

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thanks Kevin for getting us popped over on this thread.

Here is that onion again, so maybe ...... A secret community of occultists .... in PRE Nazi German ..... OK .... I can see that. Mysticism and Mediums, subjects like that were quite the rage after World War One. Families were trying to make sense of everything, and after something that horrendous regular church services just didn't go the distance for some. There were many families trying to reach those they had lost in the war ..... Yes, I can see that the subject would have "risen to the surface.

So you have a Secret Group .... inside a secret group ..... that influenced Hitler in some manner? Have I got that about right? This is BEFORE he actually took over in German? yes, well, Pre Nazi pretty much says that.

But some of them go to England? "Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn?" When I read that all I could think of was "Hermetically sealed" but maybe thats close to the truth too. For the situation that was developing in Germany at the time, there was a corresponding situation in England? Suddenly I see fine silverware and tea sets ... and roses on the table .... and .... oh,oh.

Making no real sense here folks. Just marking time in hopefully a constructive way until Paul posts his next. And he can't start it with "It was a dark and stormy night!" Thats been taken already! Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Some readers believe the book is non-fiction, and "Vril" has become associated with theories about Nazi-piloted Flugscheiben ("Flight Discs"), Vril-powered KSK (Kraftstrahlkanone, "force-ray cannon" — transmission rods that produce potent energy rays), Jesuit "spiritual exercises", and Atlanteans to name a few.

The story may have inspired Nikola Tesla when he invented remote control. While Tesla denied this, biographer Marc J. Seifer says the inventor probably knew the story given Bulwer-Lytton's popularity at the time.

"Vril" is also mentioned in the book "HACKERS" by Steven Levy.
So why didn't you include the first part Mark. There is some pretty obvious information about flying discs. Does all this information come from a single book? Think I'll go and read it. (ten minutes later) Gee that is a good book, so I'm going to read the speed read the rest for a while.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com