NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Solid as a rock

Post by Griffin »

I agree, Greg -- that rock is probably quite content, according to its own nature. In Japan, Shinto sees everything as alive and some natural things -- such as certain rocks -- particularly infused with the divine energy known as Kami. Linda, your cornerstone rock may well be that. It's the nature of rocks to be stable, to stabilize, and to store and transmit energy. Distinguished service to be a cornerstone and a physical and energetic anchor for a building of someone who loves and respects rocks. Rock on!

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

Still flowing...

Post by Griffin »

Yes, Kevin, me too. But we know he's still flowing, stronger than ever.

As ever,

Griffin
Trickfox
The Magician

Beneficiation

Post by Trickfox »

It's so funny how much ordinary science has ignored such an important process as "beneficiation". I guess everyone in the physics industry probably missunderstood it as "benediction" and ignored the possibilities for use in the nanotehnology industry....

Just watch me.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Re: Beneficiation

Post by natecull »

Trickfox wrote:It's so funny how much ordinary science has ignored such an important process as "beneficiation". I guess everyone in the physics industry probably missunderstood it as "benediction" and ignored the possibilities for use in the nanotehnology industry....Trickfox
I did put it in quotes, but embiggenization, I mean beneficiation is a perfectly cromulent word in the ore processing industry.

http://www.csiro.au/science/MineralBeneficiation.html

It's just this particular method of beneficiation for this particular purpose (centrifugal separation of anomalously gravitationally heavy/light isotopes compared to their inertial mass) which is unique.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I'm lost between the last two posts.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote:I'm lost between the last two posts.
Mikado
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the_Iconoclast
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

natecull wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:I'm lost between the last two posts.
Mikado
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the_Iconoclast
Thanks for that clarification but I was poking humor in my post for I know that Mr Trickfox knows what beneficiation is for we talked about in times past and I found it humorous that you were telling him. What he is referencing is the process to be adapted to nanotechnology within the PVD or CVD process to do exactly what Dr. Brown was referencing, in short. the humour was in that he did not post back, so my bad for posting, sorry.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote: Thanks for that clarification but I was poking humor in my post for I know that Mr Trickfox knows what beneficiation is for we talked about in times past and I found it humorous that you were telling him. What he is referencing is the process to be adapted to nanotechnology within the PVD or CVD process to do exactly what Dr. Brown was referencing, in short. the humour was in that he did not post back, so my bad for posting, sorry.
Ah. I guess I need to recalibrate my levity field gradient detector.

I'm not personal familiar with the current state of the art in nanotech, but a quick googling about Physical Vapor Deposition / Chemical Vapor Deposition doesn't seem to me like either of those processes are very similar to anything from Dr Brown's notebooks. Can you explain what you see the connection being?

I admit to being still fairly skeptical about the whole 'gravitational isotope' hypothesis (and hence 'beneficiation' in the Brownian sense), with all due regard to the genius of the man, and I would prefer not to build any theories on it until there was conclusive proof that any inertial/gravitational mass disparity in non-electrically charged substances has been shown, anywhere.

It seems like it's a pretty easy experiment to do and an effect that surely every ore processing outfit with a centrifuge (and doubly surely anyone doing uranium processing, which is all about the isotopes) must stumble across in the course of their operation? But maybe that's why I'm a sysadmin, not a materials scientist.

The 'shake a jar of sand and weigh it' trick from Honolulu though sounds interesting. I'd be thinking in terms of electrostatics rather than friction-induced gravity loss, but maybe...
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

natecull wrote:
Mikado14 wrote: Thanks for that clarification but I was poking humor in my post for I know that Mr Trickfox knows what beneficiation is for we talked about in times past and I found it humorous that you were telling him. What he is referencing is the process to be adapted to nanotechnology within the PVD or CVD process to do exactly what Dr. Brown was referencing, in short. the humour was in that he did not post back, so my bad for posting, sorry.
Ah. I guess I need to recalibrate my levity field gradient detector.

I'm not personal familiar with the current state of the art in nanotech, but a quick googling about Physical Vapor Deposition / Chemical Vapor Deposition doesn't seem to me like either of those processes are very similar to anything from Dr Brown's notebooks. Can you explain what you see the connection being? If I told you then you would know the direction that I am headed. Currently, If I am paying for the show, I control who comes through the door to watch the show and right now, the doors are closed. As I said, my bad for posting.

I admit to being still fairly skeptical about the whole 'gravitational isotope' hypothesis (and hence 'beneficiation' in the Brownian sense), with all due regard to the genius of the man, and I would prefer not to build any theories on it until there was conclusive proof that any inertial/gravitational mass disparity in non-electrically charged substances has been shown, anywhere. I will say this much to hopefully satisfy your curiosity Alice, beneficiation and gravitational isotopes may have a connection via nanotechnology...nuff said. And by the way, building theories is just that and in my book it is okay. There are many theories out there that exist without full blown conclusive proof, to remention something someone else mentioned, the Theory of Evolution.

It seems like it's a pretty easy experiment to do and an effect that surely every ore processing outfit with a centrifuge (and doubly surely anyone doing uranium processing, which is all about the isotopes) must stumble across in the course of their operation? But maybe that's why I'm a sysadmin, not a materials scientist. Perhaps but I don't believe so, I believe it will be a bit more complicated than what existing equipment is available.
The 'shake a jar of sand and weigh it' trick from Honolulu though sounds interesting. I'd be thinking in terms of electrostatics rather than friction-induced gravity loss, but maybe...
Mikado
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/scien ... ref=slogin

Alng with "Flowperson" another great hero of mine has just died. His book on Time/space has opened my eyes beyond te pale of ordinary linear thinking.

I shall soon be cruising the local university library looking for a chance to pick up a mentor in the theory of calculus and analytical Geometry.

Left brain thinking.......

Well .... OK..... but let me get use to it.

Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

Mikado14 wrote:If I told you then you would know the direction that I am headed. Currently, If I am paying for the show, I control who comes through the door to watch the show and right now, the doors are closed. As I said, my bad for posting.

That is your choice of course, but I'm rather disappointed that you're choosing to hide information. I personally believe that alternative science research has no future except through a strategy of mass dissemination of material freely and without intellectual property restrictions. There've been too many good projects burned through commercial or other secrecy; I'd like it not to happen to people I know.

Mikado14 wrote:I will say this much to hopefully satisfy your curiosity Alice, beneficiation and gravitational isotopes may have a connection via nanotechnology...nuff said.
I'm sorry again to be picky, but I'm having a hard job parsing that statement. By 'beneficiation' do you mean Dr Brown's proposed (but presumably as of 1973 untested) process, or the word as it is usually used in the ore processing industry? Because they are two very separate things, as far as I can tell.

And the phrase 'nanotechnology' today means a wide variety of things from anti-graffiti paint to DLP chips in data projectors. None of which have had the slightest whisper of gravitics on any of the tech forums I frequent.

I guess either I'm not plugged into the right networks to understand you, or there's something I'm not meant to understand.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

shaking it up

Post by Linda Brown »

Nate,

I agree with you. Some terms are really hard to understand. It might help if you are looking at Dads version of " Beneficiation" to check out this Canadian Patent.
http://ether.sciences.free.fr/patents/T ... 201973.pdf

The first part with the date Feb 1st 1966 would have been written while we were in Florida waiting to move either to Nassau ( that was in the works) or back up to the Philadelphia area ( which is what happened) Dad had not been well ( the main reason that I left Southern Seminary earlier that year) I don't particularly remember that Canadian patent but it will serve as a good illustration of how my Dad would work. We would be on the beach at Matheson Hammock and he would swim and then nap. I would do the same. Then at some point he would wake up and say .... take this down .... and I would grab the steno tabl that Mother and I always carried with us. And he would start. Right at the beginning, dictating full sentences of that patent. No changes, no reversals, no pauses. Talking as fast as I could possibly write. ... He would dictate the entire thing and when I would get home I would hand it over to mom to type. ( She was much faster and more accurate. You could not make one mistake or he would hand the whole page back to you. It was a competition between us to see if we could run the gauntlet. And while she was typing the final draft from my notes he would be penning out the drawings. We would work until it was done. And then the next day we would sleep on the beach again.

The second section was interesting too. I remember when he was going through all of those " shaking" tests with the resultant measurements .... you will laugh .... I still have the old paint shaker that he bought just for those tests. In fact, used it just the other day ( painting a hallway) and I couldn't help but grin over it the use of it.
You will note that the date of the patent disclosure is, I believe April 1, 1973. And of course the results were as noted in the patent.

Why doesn't everyone get that same kind of result from shaking some beach sand in a paint shaker? Well first off .... how many have even tried it and expected any results? and secondly ..... Dad collected samples from very specific places. Probably the only one on the forum who might understand his reasonings there would be kevin. Of course. Kevin understands things that others of us miss and thats just the way of things.

Does any of the above help you at all?
James Barrett

wonderful account

Post by James Barrett »

Linda,

Thank you for that account of your Dad and you on the beach, writing up patents. I don't think I have seen that written about him, his style of working like that.

Paul,
I know this account is from the 1966 area and most of that was taken up by the story of the Decker experience and two kids trying to find their way through a difficult emotional situation, but in all of that and during the rewrite I hope that you can find the space to include what Linda has said here about she and her Dad swimming, sunning and writing patents. Pretty amazing stuff and Linda rolls it off as it was just common everyday activity. But its far from common and offers a rare look at the way the man operated. James
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

James Barrett,
You are 100% correct, the beach account should be written in GOLD.
Dr Brown was clearly tapped into the matrix, we all are, if we allow connection.
All information is available of all TIME.
Most people have to strive to attain this ability, some it comes to naturally.
As if by coincidence, yesterday I posted about benification upon the thunderbolts forum, suddenly the word appears again upon here, and the lovely Linda provides a link?
Coincidence/, do any of you read the forum Thunderbolts?

By coincidence ?, they recently had a major problem with their forum, I was banned, but the fault allowed me to re-join, the TIME seems correct for me to be there now, they have moved on, are willing to listen to a mad hobbit.
We are all a part of something wonderfull, we should embrace and celebrate it.
Flowperson is now a full member of the system.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

Ms. Brown wrote:I don't particularly remember that Canadian patent but it will serve as a good illustration of how my Dad would work. We would be on the beach at Matheson Hammock and he would swim and then nap. I would do the same. Then at some point he would wake up and say .... take this down .... and I would grab the steno tabl that Mother and I always carried with us. And he would start. Right at the beginning, dictating full sentences of that patent. No changes, no reversals, no pauses. Talking as fast as I could possibly write. ... He would dictate the entire thing and when I would get home I would hand it over to mom to type. ( She was much faster and more accurate. You could not make one mistake or he would hand the whole page back to you. It was a competition between us to see if we could run the gauntlet. And while she was typing the final draft from my notes he would be penning out the drawings. We would work until it was done. And then the next day we would sleep on the beach again.
Ms. Brown, I would like to thank you for sharing with us the details of your Father's creative process. This is quite personal information and I think we all here are most grateful for showing us this part of your Father.

When reading the above quoted words I was immediately reminded of two great scientists and the astonishing similarities of their creative processes with that of your Father.

I am talking about Nikola Tesla and the famous Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. And now please fasten your belt, because we are going for an interesting ride.
http://www.hinduwisdom.info/quotes321_340.htm wrote:Srinivas Ramanujan (1887-1920) is one of India's legendary intellectual heroes, hailed as one of the greatest Mathematician of India and compared to all time greats, Euler, Gauss and Jacobi, for natural genius, is an eternal source of inspiration, especially for the student of mathematics. Today's mathematicians --armed with supercomputers -- are still star-struck, and unable to solve many theorems the slate-scribbling mathematician, too poor for paper, erasing his errors with one elbow young man from India.

The inexhaustible Ramanujan was an observant Hindu, adept at dream interpretation and astrology. His work was marked by bold leaps and gut feelings. Growing up he had learned to worship Namagiri, the consort of the lion god Narasimha. Ramanujan believed that he existed to serve as Namagiri´s champion - Hindu Goddess of creativity. In real life Ramanujan told people that Namagiri visited him in his dreams and wrote equations on his tongue.

Ramanujan could never explain to G. H. Hardy how he arrived at his deep insights in mathematical terms; but he did say many of his discoveries came to him in dreams, from the goddess Namakkal, and that he had a morning ritual of awakening and writing them down.

He was intensely religious. He often united mathematics and spirituality together.He felt, for example, that zero represented Absolute Reality, and that infinity represented the many manifestations of that Reality. Ramanujan felt that each mathematical discovery was a step closer to understanding the spiritual universe. He once told a friend, "An equation for me has no meaning unless it expresses a thought of God."

While growing up, he lived the life of a traditional Brahmin with his forehead shaved and wearing a topknot. He often prayed to his family Deity, the Goddess Namagiri of Namakkal, and followed Her advice. Namakkal is also called as "Namagiri". He pilgrimaged all over Tamil Nadu. He quoted the Vedas, interpreted dreams and was regarded by his friends to be a mystic. Throughout his life, Ramanujan worshiped at the Sarangapani Vishnu temple in Kumbakonam.
DO YOU SEE MS. BROWN? DO YOU SEE THE PARALLELS WITH YOU FATHER's CREATIVE PROCESS OF RECEIVING INFORMATION DURING HIS "NAPS"?

ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?

Then we have Nikola Tesla. Do you remember how he discovered the alternator, when reciting Goethe in the State Park of Budapest?

IT WAS A VISION! A VISIONARY EXPERIENCE! Further Tesla supposedly had such a tremendous ability to visualize objects that HE DID ALL THE EXPERIMENTS IN HIS HEAD!

IT WAS LIKE THE MAN HAD THE NEWEST AUTOCAD-SOFTWARE IN HIS HEAD!!!

He didn't need a computer.
The Extraordinary Mindpower of Nikola Tesla

"Tesla's mental abilities require some mention, since, not only did he have a photographic memory, he was able to use creative visualization with an uncanny and practical intensity.

He describes in his autobiography how he was able to visualize a particular apparatus and was then able to actually test run the apparatus, disassemble it and check for proper action and wear!

During the manufacturing phase of his inventions, he would work with all blueprints and specifications in his head. The invention invariably assembled together without redesign and worked perfectly.

Tesla slept one to 2 hours a day and worked continuously on his inventions and theories without benefit of ordinary relaxation or vacations. He could judge the dimension of an object to a hundredth of an inch and perform difficult computations in his head without benefit of slide rule or mathematical tables.

Far from an ivory tower intellectual, he was very much aware of the issues in the world around him, made it a point to render his ideas accessible to the general public by frequent contributions to the popular press, and to his field by numerous lectures and scientific papers."
And further from John O'Neill's Tesla-biography.
When the acute sensitivity reduced to normal, permitting him to resume work, he took a walk in the city park of Budapest with a former classmate, named Szigeti, one late afternoon in February, 1882. while a glorious sunset overspread the sky with a flamboyant splash of throbbing
colors, Tesla engaged in one of his favorite hobbies-reciting poetry. As a youth he had memorized many volumes, and he was now pleased to note that the terrific punishment his brain had experienced had not diminished his memory. One of the works which he could recite from beginning to
end was Goethe's Faust. The prismatic panorama which the sinking sun was painting in the sky reminded him of some of Goethe's beautiful
lines:

"The glow retreats, done is the day of toil"
"It yonder hastes, new fields of life exploring"
"Ah, that no wing can lift me from the soil"
"Upon its track to follow, follow soaring"

Tesla, tall, lean and gaunt, but with a fire in his eye that matched the flaming clouds of the heavens, waved his arms in the air and swayed his body as he voiced the undulating lines. He faced the color drama of the sky as if addressing the red-glowing orb as it flung its amorphous
masses of hue, tint and chrome across the domed vault of heaven. Suddenly the animated figure of Tesla snapped into a rigid pose as if he had fallen into a trance. Szigeti spoke to him but got no answer. Again his words were ignored. The friend was about to seize the towering motionless figure and shake him into consciousness when instead Tesla spoke.
"Watch me!" said Tesla, blurting out the words like a child bubbling over with emotion: "Watch me reverse it." He was still gazing into the sun as if that incandescent ball had thrown him into a hypnotic trance. Szigeti recalled the image from Goethe that Tesla had been reciting: "The glow retreats . . . It yonder hastes, new fields of life exploring" a poetic description of the setting sun, and then his next words-- "watch me! watch me reverse it." Did Tesla mean the sun? Did he mean that he could arrest the motion of the sun about to sink below the horizon, reverse its action and start it rising again toward the zenith? "Let us sit and rest for a while," said Szigeti. He turned him toward a bench, but Tesla was not to be moved. "Don't you see it?" expostulated the excited Tesla. "See how smoothly it is running? Now I throw this switch--and I reverse it. See! It goes just as smoothly in the opposite direction. watch! I stop it. I start it. There is no sparking. There is nothing on it to spark." "But I see nothing," said Szigeti. "The sun is not sparking. Are you ill?" "You do not understand," beamed the still excited Tesla, turning as if to bestow a benediction on his companion. "It is my alternating-current motor I am talking about. I have solved the problem. Can't you see it right here in front of me, running almost silently? It is the rotating magnetic field that does it. See how the magnetic field rotates and drags the armature around with it? Isn't it beautiful? Isn't it sublime? Isn't it simple? I have solved the
problem. Now I can die happy. But I must live, I must return to work and build the motor so I can give it to the world. No more will men be slaves to hard tasks. My motor will set them free, it will do the work of the world."
DO YOU SEE MR. TWIGSNAPPER? DO YOU SEE MS. BROWN?

Do you know where did Mendeleev get the idea for his periodic table of elements? In dreams.

Do you know how benzene was discovered? Look here.
[The structure of the checmical benzene was revealed in a dream to the German chemist F.A. Keule in 1890] "Again the atoms were juggling before my eyes…my mind's eye, sharpened by repeated sights of a similar kind., could now distinguish larger structures of different forms and in long chains, many of them close together; everything was moving in a snake-like and twisting manner. Suddenly…one of the snakes got hold of its own tail and the whole structure was mockingly twisting in front of my eyes. As if struck by lightning, I awoke…Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, and then we may perhaps find the truth." F.A. Keule, as reported during a convention, 1890
Oh, you Father was so gifted, so brilliant, so receptive Ms. Brown!

AM