What do you think gravity is?

It seems there are quite a few visitors who have their own ideas about one of the great mysteries of our universe, Gravity. Here's a place where all the budding Einstein's among us can wax eloquent on the subject.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: What do you think gravity is?

Post by FM No Static At All »

htmagic wrote:Your statement does not compute. Look at the units. Let's start with time, measured in seconds, sec.
Gravity is an acceleration, so it is distance/time^2, in other words, km/(sec*sec) or km/sec^2.
Gravity as I see it, is an effect that can be quantified in terms of accelaration, but that does not mean that gravity is equal to it. I have the same problem there that I have with gravity = time. With your equating gravity to acceleration, it would seem to reinforce Mr. Skyfish's idea that gravity can be equated with time, since time is a component of acceleration. I am sure you see how this can get twisted into illogical conclusions based on erroneous assumptions regarding the nature of gravity.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Greg,
You are right. I have attempted to describe it. It was off the top of my head...as it came to me. Rough around the edges, but in the ball park.
Consider time as a dimension.
Consider that it is stuff.
Consider that is has energy.
Consider it as the aether, the zpf, quantum probability ocean.
The pulse in the gravity detector was at the rate of 1 planck constant.
That helps to quantify the aether as energy.
That shows a relationship to time and gravity as energy in the aether.
This is relative to e=mc^2.
The reason that this is described as a potential theory of quantum gravity is because it links the quantum world with e=mc^2.
I was just trying to describe these relationships.
That's all.

Oh...didn't answer you other question.
Lead weighs more than feathers because of it's aether resistence.

skyfish

PS Linda, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink! lol
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Consider time as a dimension.
Consider that it is stuff.
Consider that is has energy.
Consider it as the aether, the zpf, quantum probability ocean

The above four statements all begin with "consider", that does not mean fact so I ask you to understand that there are those here that would discuss the above and that act may lead to a contradiction with you.

The pulse in the gravity detector was at the rate of 1 planck constant.
That helps to quantify the aether as energy

My understanding, and I may be totally wrong here but I thought that the "Planck Constant" was an expression of the relationship between "energy" and "frequency" (actually it may be angular, not sure) and this number is expressed in SI (Systeme Internationale) units and is used to measure quanta, also, don't forget the Dirac constant. To come to the conclusion that it is energy only might be jumping the gun. Remember, you do say that it is measured in a gravity detector, and even if gravity is assumed to be from the aether, how is mass related to gravity and the aether?

That shows a relationship to time and gravity as energy in the aether.

I still don't see how you have derived this. Are you saying "time and gravity" only?

This is relative to e=mc^2.
The reason that this is described as a potential theory of quantum gravity is because it links the quantum world with e=mc^2.

I will reserve comment until I have a better handle on the above.

Don't give up on here yet, tomorrow maybe, but not today.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mr. Skyfish,
I tend to agree with the gentleman from Pennsyltucky, as I find a rather circuitous course which you are taking us on, and we don't have a road atlas. Are you saying that time is a thing? Or a dimension? Or is it an energy/wave/what? Isn't time merely a representation of duration? Can a negative duration exist? Do we possess an instrument to measure negative time as accurately as we measure the procession of time? Have you read Kozyrev?

I have an interesting idea about the all of it all. It is always expanding as it requires more space to hold more mass or more energy, but then since one is equal to the other by way of E=Mc[2, then I would have to lean towards another source of energy that is not currently part of the accepted science. Aether can answer many questions, but not all. But it may resolve how gravity is caused by the pressures of the aether, which causes vortices to condense into what we know as particles.

And what causes that to happen? Intelligence is obvious in the elegant design.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

I thought perhaps that you all might enjoy a short stay in Mr. Trickfox's Quantum Hotel. Perhaps Skyfish, you have not had a chance to read that thread , nor you Magic Bill. It was quite an old discussion but might prove fruitful here. Or at least it might add some new ..... dimensions of thought. Capped off with my favorite question of all time . Just when you think you have a handle on all the complications of the universe ... something else seems to just happen. Relax a bit maybe and enjoy the hotel. I'll start here, but you should probably avail yourself of the entire discussion.

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=683#p683

Is amazing what happens when discussions flourish in the confines of a small room................. twigsnapper
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mr. Twigsnapper,

Thank you, sir, for this information. I read Mr. Trickfox's posts and the others that contributed to the posts regarding the Quantum Hotel. And I will continue my observations within that room.

Thank you again.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Mikdao!,
Look what I just found.

Linking dark energy with the force driving the expansion of the unvierse and the cosmological constant.

The cosmic accerlation may be driven by anti-gravity generated by the same energy source referred to
as dark energy.

If dark energy is indeed a cosmological constant which never changes in space and TIME, then it must be
a fundemental property of spacetime. TIME.....
The fuzzy time article is right in line with this!

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/pubs/slacp ... 13062.html

pdf:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/g ... -13062.pdf

This deals exactly with what we were talking about!

skyfish
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Ohhhh...I get it...
There are TWO values for plancks constant! One for quantum theory and one for general relativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...since it was detected in the gravity detector at 1planck increments, it can be quantified by
using the known force of GRAVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can quantify the zero point field!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can derive a linkage from the two values....this may change the absolute value of
Plancks Constant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And reveal the TRUE cosmological constant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I create little fishes and send them out and they come back all grown up with what I wanted. lol

skyfish
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

skyfish wrote:Ohhhh...I get it...
There are TWO values for plancks constant! One for quantum theory and one for general relativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...since it was detected in the gravity detector at 1planck increments, it can be quantified by

And then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can derive a linkage from the two values....this may change the absolute value of

I create little fishes and send them out and they come back all grown up with what I wanted. lol

skyfish
I think that Mr. Fish is saying something extremely important here. Somebody with the proper mathematical and physical knowledge should perhaps look at it. Mr. Fish, have you ever thought of sharing the above ideas with your new acquaintance, the Nobel prize winner Dr. Frank Wilczek?

AM
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM2 wrote:
skyfish wrote:Ohhhh...I get it...

skyfish
I think that Mr. Fish is saying something extremely important here. Somebody with the proper mathematical and physical knowledge should perhaps look at it. Mr. Fish, have you ever thought of sharing the above ideas with your new acquaintance, the Nobel prize winner Dr. Frank Wilczek?

AM
Am I the only one here who realizes that if there are TWO Constants then you have NO constants?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

"There has been another hierarch problem in physics, i. e. the existence of a huge gap between the standard
model scale and the planck scale of quantum gravity"

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/g ... -13062.pdf

funnzy gravity gives us a way to determine an overarching value.

skyfish
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

AM,
In the article about fuzzy gravity, it was said that this could lead to a quantum
thoery of gravity...with real measurable values.
I am sure they are already looking into exactly what I have mentioned.
skyfish
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Gravity, PUSHING down ,up, sideways , at every angle, hence form, but dominant down to the surface at ninty degrees to the circulating aether.
http://www.rialian.com/rnboyd/laplacian ... theory.htm
http://www.rialian.com/rnboyd/index.htm
This man is class.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Kevin,
Very good!

That happens because such discharges result in out-bound aether fluxes which intersect with, and effectively block, the incoming gravitational aether stream, because the local aether pressure, out-bound, is stronger than the local gravitational aether pressure, which is in-bound.

Exactly! Out of bound aether fluxes!

What surprised me the most, was when I discovered that the Indigenous Spiritual Practices of all the Native peoples, the world over, reported exactly the same experiences and results that I had had. I was amazed! And relieved to know that I was not the only one who had found these things

Again...exactly.

Great stuff!
skyfish
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Kevin,
Rialian...where have I heard that before?
Didn't they claim to have cloned a person?
skyfish