TTB Conference Poll

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.

Where would you like a T. Townsend Brown Conference be held?

Philadelphia
54%
Las Vegas
46%
Other Pennsylvania location (TBD)
No votes
Other US location (TBD)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: TTB Conference - location, location, location

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote: Mikado, I know this was a long post for such a simple question but did that answer your question?
Essentially it did, but......
htmagic wrote:I personally would not wish to attend if it were a UFO conference only. I would like to learn more and discuss the technical details of Dr. Brown's work. I would most especially like to see any technical demonstrations of his work or plans that I could build and present (maybe at a later conference, who knows?).
......does this mean the agenda would be of a technical nature? When you ask about technical details you could say an automobile has an internal combustion engine, a transmission and a differential and that could be considered technical. Therefore, I suppose my question would now be, How technical are you talking? We always, as Victoria suggested, could get a hold of Mark Bean and perhaps he could fly a few discs for a starter.
htmagic wrote:As for being slow, Mikado, at least you've had the luxury of being one of the earlier members on this forum. You've seen a lot of these posts as they were first discussed. You didn't have to "cram" like some of us late-comers. Not only do I have to keep up with all the posts flying around right now, it is interesting to go back in time in this forum's FTM and read some of the earlier posts. There is a LOT of fascinating data to absorb here. Someone said this forum is like a fast moving train and I would have to agree. I spend a lot of time on this forum and my wife has been seeing the back of my head lately as I'm on the computer! But at least she knows where I am! :wink:
Since my loud mouth is second to Elizabeth, I have become more of a lurker. I have ordered my drover's coat and I already have my black leather hat. In other words, it is more fun to read at this point.
htmagic wrote: Some of the posts "opened my eyes" so to speak.

"Twas blind, but now I see..."
And when his eyes were opened he begat a sight that was not as anticipated and he.....

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: TTB Conference - location, location, location

Post by htmagic »

Mikado14 wrote:<SNIP>
......does this mean the agenda would be of a technical nature? When you ask about technical details you could say an automobile has an internal combustion engine, a transmission and a differential and that could be considered technical. Therefore, I suppose my question would now be, How technical are you talking? We always, as Victoria suggested, could get a hold of Mark Bean and perhaps he could fly a few discs for a starter.

I'm not saying anything nor setting the agenda. I'm just stating my preferences. Even some technical discussions would be good enough for me. I'm absorbing the material already presented in this forum. I haven't wrapped my head around it yet and am still trying to understand it. Maybe a conference would answer some of these questions if I knew which ones to ask? :wink:

Flying disks would be cool. I have been to StarTrek and StarWars conventions and would prefer that the TTB Conference NOT turn into one of those!

<SNIP>

Since my loud mouth is second to Elizabeth, I have become more of a lurker. I have ordered my drover's coat and I already have my black leather hat. In other words, it is more fun to read at this point.

LOL! I've been known to insert foot into mouth and I think some of you have already called me on the carpet for my spankin'! :wink:
htmagic wrote: Some of the posts "opened my eyes" so to speak.

"Twas blind, but now I see..."
And when his eyes were opened he begat a sight that was not as anticipated and he.....

Mikado
LOL! Point taken. Maybe I should lurk for awhile as it gives me a chance to catch up in some of these older (but still very interesting and useful) posts!

See you down the rabbit hole!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...