The Caroline Group

A general discussion re: the (secret?) consortium which seems to have influenced the life and work of Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

silly question, maybe

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Paul,

This is a silly question. Maybe.

I know that one of your favorite periods of time was the founding of the United States. You have said that Thomas Jefferson was a hero to you of sorts. I wondered if you knew about this ..... mysterious gentleman ..... Is this why you had chosen " The Perfessor" as your name on your site?
Did you even know about St. Germain?

"In his Secret Destiny of America, Manly Hall, Bacon's most understanding modern scholar, refers to the appearance in America, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776, of a mysterious Rosicrucian philosopher, a strict vegetarian who ate only foods that grew above the ground, who was a friend and teacher of Franklin and Washington and who seemed to have played an important role in the founding of the new republic. Why most historians failed to mention him is a puzzle, for that he existed is a certainty.

He was known as the "Professor." Together with Franklin and Washington, he was a member of the committee selected by the Continental Congress in 1775 to create a design for the American Flag. The design he made was accepted by the committee and given to Betsy Ross to execute into the first model."

We have talked about him before on the forum. Thank you kevin for noticing him again. I didn't know that others referred to him as the "Professor" and thats what has prompted the question above.

and sorry to burn up so much space but this description of the man ... looking at things with the new eyes that I think we all have now .... is VERY interesting......

"He was well educated, highly cultivated, of extensive as well as varied information, and very studious. He spent considerable of his time in the patient and persistent scanning of a number of very rare old books and ancient manuscripts which he seemed to be deciphering, translating or rewriting. These books, and manuscripts, together with his own writings, he never showed to anyone; and he did not even mention them in his conversations with the family, except in the most casual way; and he always locked them up carefully in a large, old-fashioned, cubically shaped, iron-bound, heavy oaken chest, whenever he left his room, even for his meals. He took long and frequent walks alone, sat on the brows of the neighboring hills, or mused in the midst of the green and flower-gemmed meadows. He was fairly liberal—but in no way lavish—in spending his money, with which he was well supplied. He was a quiet, though a very genial and very interesting member of the family; and he was seemingly at home upon any and every topic coming up in conversation. He was, in short, one whom everyone would notice and respect, whom few would feel well acquainted with, and whom no one would presume to question concerning himself—as to whence he came, why he tarried or whither he journeyed."

"By something more than a mere coincidence, the committee appointed by the Colonial Congress to design a flag accepted an invitation to be guests, while at Cambridge, of the family with which the Professor was staying. It was here that General Washington joined them for the purpose of deciding upon a fitting emblem. By the signs that passed between them, it was evident that General Washington and Doctor Franklin recognized the Professor, and by unanimous approval, he was invited to become an active member of the committee. During the proceedings which followed, the Professor was treated with the most profound respect and all his suggestions immediately acted upon. He submitted a pattern which he considered symbolically appropriate for the new flag, and this was unhesitatingly accepted by the six other members of the committee, who voted that the arrangement suggested by the Professor be forthwith adopted. After the episode of the flag, the Professor quickly vanished; and nothing further is known concerning him."

By "something more than a sheer coincidence", indeed. Elizabeth

P.S. your link to the above. fascinating reading http://www.reversespins.com/rosicrucian.html
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
I reckon Paul will know comte St Germain.
Here's another chap flying about on his broomstick, abbot suger

This link is for AM to ponder on light, rainbow light, coloured glass.
http://www.nga.gov/collection/gallery/m ... 443.0.html
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth helen drake,
In that link, this jumped at me,
While nations are true to these ideals they survive;when they vary from them,
they vanish like the Atlantis of old which had ceased to
"know the gods"
Hmmmmm?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Thank you Kevin

Post by Trickfox »

Suger equated Divine Light with the real light shimmering through stained glass and glistening from gems.

An interesting concept not unlike a brewster window and it's effect on lasers.
Thank you Kevin.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

With the subject of the rocky horror show coming up in conversation in the last few days, a word has been bugging me, DIMENSIONS.

If there are more than this dimension which we are part of,3d, then could it be possible that in exactly the same space, occupying the same planet area is other dimensions?
If so do we perhaps eventually ascend upwards into the next or subsequent dimensions, if we learn enough in our time/s here in 3d?
If there is such other dimensions , then is it possible to flip between the dimensions by means of altering the basic structure of 3d into another dimension?
Dr Brown was a radio buff, messing all his life with frequencies and all of the gadgets associated with such, if anyone could, perhaps he found a way to clip between dimensions?
It stands to reason that if anything is developed in one dimension that interferes with others, such as nuclear, then the other dimensions may step forward to assist and stop the interferance that may be affecting themselves.
It may be that passing straight through everything are these other dimensions and those that inhabit them, if so, then very specific points of connection must be evident geometrically, where the geometry of each dimension meets, and possible transfer of energies exist.

Could these caroline people be such?, not from somewhere else, but composed and arranged in 4d, 5d, 6d etc?

If there are other dimensions that are unoccupied, then could transfer to that dimension be undertaken, by a select contingent, like castaways on a dessert island?
Simply rambling .
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

heres a thought

Thanks to you Kevin. Heres a fresh thought.

What if there are " blank dimensions". What if entire worlds can be sent to them like castaways with no boats. Maybe our world is such a thing. Waiting either for a rescue boat to reclaim us .... or to build our own to reclaim how we somehow still know exists out there. Maybe thats why we have this feeling that someone somewhere has been helping us along in this effort. Maybe somehow there is a "graduation to maturity" ceremony that we can all look forward to. Sort of a Universal " party on the beach!"

Remember the quote that Paul found ... "The Universe is filled with Magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth helen Drake,
I know you can't watch things on your windup computer, but this zome 235 makes so much sense to me.
Not in the material utilised to make the geometric shapes, but the dimensions created by the shapes when they are immersed in a bubble bath.
All we observe is the building blocks, we are blind to the vast space inbetween the building blocks, and that is where STUFF flows, just like the bubble bath.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4635732060

If we can't SEE another dimension here under our noses, I wonder what is out on other planets etc?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rose
Senior Cadet

Musings on the Caroline Group and the Consortium

Post by Rose »

The description of the Caroline Group reminds me very much of an organization with which Idries Shah claimed affiliation. It has been a long time since I read it, but I believe the specific information can be found in Journeys with a Sufi Master, by Bashir M. Dervish.

Beyond that, my only contribution to this discussion at this time is this list of definitions for the root word, Consort. I apologize if they have been put forth before, but I thought you might enjoy seeing how pertinent some of them seem are to the discussions that have preceded this post.

Rose

Consort –noun
1. a husband or wife; spouse, esp. of a reigning monarch. Compare prince consort, queen consort.
2. one vessel or ship accompanying another.
3. Music.
a. a group of instrumentalists and singers who perform music, esp. old music.
b. a group of instruments of the same family, as viols, played in concert.
4. a companion, associate, or partner: a confidant and consort of heads of state.
5. accord or agreement.

6. Obsolete.
a. company or association.
b. harmony of sounds.

–verb (used without object)
7. to associate; keep company: to consort with known criminals.
8. to agree or harmonize.

–verb (used with object)
9. to associate, join, or unite.

10. Obsolete.
a. to accompany; espouse.
b. to sound in harmony.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Re: The Caroline Group

Always was a favorite word CONSORTIUM. Now I understand better why. Thankyou Rose. It seems that nearly everything that we have talked about here in Pauls book is represented here

A loving pair, music, instruments going together in harmony, ships sailing together on an identical course, instruments of the same family, partners .... to agree, to keep company with ... to harmonize. ......

Thank you for reaching back and bringing this special word forward. Elizabeth
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

That was interesting to me, because if asked to free associate on the word consortium, "harmony" and "pairs' would not have come to mind and yet there they are, hidden in plain sight.

I keep turning the idea of pairs over...polarity and poles spring to mind. And, as far as harmony, well, that would be my alltime favorite word!

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Rose,

I think thats part of the draw of Townsend Browns life. So much of the information is actually there, hiding in plain sight.

I believe that Paul would agree ( if he was not bobbing around in crystal blue water ... not jealous or anything, right) Anyway, I believe that he would say that he has seen indications with the material he has collected that Townsend Brown was indeed a master of " hiding things in plain sight".

And the word consortium is a prime example of one face of that. We THINK we know what it really means but we generally miss so much.

I think there is alot to the phrase " stress in dielectrics" too, which was another favorite phrase. And I guess its just in how you begin to look at things. I have just recently come to the conclusion that without this new eyesight and understanding , no matter how hard we work we are just going to be " spinning our wheels" and going actually nowhere, no matter how much smoke and noise we create.

So these forum discussions surrounding conciousness are going to become more and more important I believe. Just a sudden thought. My two cents worth.

I believe that the "Caroline Group" is not necessarily what we would first think it is also. Yet it operates right under our noses. Elizabeth
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: The Caroline Group - Resonance

Post by htmagic »

Right under our eyes in plain sight.
Hmmm, sounds like a magician to me!

After a took a good long look at the word consortium, I was reminded of one of Nikola Tesla's favorite words - resonance.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/resonance wrote:1a: the quality or state of being resonant
1 b: a vibration of large amplitude in a mechanical or electrical system caused by a relatively small periodic stimulus of the same or nearly the same period as the natural vibration period of the system
(2): the state of adjustment that produces resonance in a mechanical or electrical system
2 a: the intensification and enriching of a musical tone by supplementary vibration
2 b: a quality imparted to voiced sounds by vibration in anatomical resonating chambers or cavities (as the mouth or the nasal cavity)
2 c: a quality of richness or variety
2 d: a quality of evoking response <how much resonance the scandal seems to be having — United States News & World Report>
3: the sound elicited on percussion of the chest
4: the conceptual alternation of a chemical species (as a molecule or ion) between two or more equivalent allowed structural representations differing only in the placement of electrons that aids in understanding the actual state of the species as an amalgamation of its possible structures and the usually higher-than-expected stability of the species
5 a: the enhancement of an atomic, nuclear, or particle reaction or a scattering event by excitation of internal motion in the system
5 b: magnetic resonance
6: an extremely short-lived elementary particle
7: a synchronous gravitational relationship of two celestial bodies (as moons) that orbit a third (as a planet) which can be expressed as a simple ratio of their orbital periods[/list]
This forum is like resonance especially when we are all on the same page, harmonizing and consorting with one another...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Can anyone say if Willis Lamb ever met Dr Brown.
He has recently died, and I just feel I should ask?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Kevin,

Since you asked and I happen to know.

Yes they did meet in London in 1956. Willis Lamb was with other gentlemen from the University of Pa. I of course, was on the wrong side of their meeting room door so I can not enlighten you any more than that. And I don't think they ever met again but of course I can not be positive. Does that help? twigsnapper