LESSONS OF HISTORY

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: bases

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote:Trickfox,

Do you think that the Area 51 base is still in use for these highly secret projects? I don't know myself. It seems that they have had alot of publicity out there. Tourists go out to camp out on the hill side and though I know there is alot of room out there to be used I still think that its getting too visible.

Where else might these planes be stationed? Canada? South America? Australia? Anybody got any wild ass ideas? Might be an interesting discussion. An no, the idea of being Inderwater does not escape me, especially after all of those reports of USOs ( Unidentified Submerged Objects)

I'm voting for somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle but thats only my own personal thought. Victoria
Alaska

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Radomir
Senior Cadet

bases

Post by Radomir »

Antarctica!

Just kidding.

Alaska is really close to Russia, so that might be a risk in such a location--or a benefit for easy overflight of at least one potential foe. Terrible weather a lot of the year. However the weather issues there might not be a problem for a new breed of aircraft, and might actually protect such a base or bases from unwanted arrivals, tourists, spies or soldiers.

So what made you think Alaska, just curious?

R.
Trickfox
The Magician

that's what everyone else assumes

Post by Trickfox »

So secret, it could be somewhere which has already been compromised?
-so that nobody will believe the air force is so stupid that it would move everything just because UFO cult groups are falling right in on the MINDWAR they are performing against ordinary citizens.

This one's for you Victoria (with tennis shoes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwM1YPz0C-E
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: bases

Post by Mikado14 »

Radomir wrote:Antarctica!

Just kidding.

Alaska is really close to Russia, so that might be a risk in such a location--or a benefit for easy overflight of at least one potential foe. Terrible weather a lot of the year. However the weather issues there might not be a problem for a new breed of aircraft, and might actually protect such a base or bases from unwanted arrivals, tourists, spies or soldiers.

So what made you think Alaska, just curious?

R.
American soil

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

absolutely, Alaska

Post by Victoria Steele »

Shows you how perfect Alaska is. Totally off my radar screen. And look at the location too even further north and you have nobody but arctic researchers in scattered posts. Its the perfect spot! Victoria
Trickfox
The Magician

What about "THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON"?

Post by Trickfox »

Moon bases (on the dark side).

OR ELSE it could be anywhere in any parallel dimension ("i")where the laws of classical physics allow.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

either or trap

Post by Victoria Steele »

I vote for every one that has been mentioned, And there are probably some we haven't even considered. Peru for example. Alaska, makes total sense. Antartica, sure.... Siberia ....... Australia ? ..... Underwater .... Under Ice ..... why not ..... how about caverns or underground bases. I am getting a little fringy here maybe but all that makes sense to me.

Stealth technology. The ability to be anywhere. If you can survive on the far side of the moon .... you can survive on the bottom of some very deep trench .... or covered by a snowstorm ... it could be all of these. I think that Paul leans toward the " trench idea" near the Bahamas but I think that is because he is aware of some stuff that he hasn't told us yet. But maybe there is alot of stuff even he hasn't been told yet. Now wouldn't that be something?

And yes, of course, another dimension/ another time. I wonder what Alexander the Greats troops looked like from the air? Or maybe even a group of stragglers from Egypt? huh, a thought. Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Under the cloak of a so called war, many clues about our creation upon this planet are been destroyed.
Who's adjenda would that suit ?, to conceal our past.
It would suit the circles of control that operate within our five major senses.
http://news.independent.co.uk/fisk/article2970762.ece

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

apying for artifacts

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I am not condoning the removal of artifacts from their native land.

However ................ In a land that is being bombed ......... might it be better in some cases that the local populace is encouraged to sell these bits and pieces to overseas collectors who at least will honor them and protect them?

Does an ordinary soldier from the US with no training at all in ancient history know the value of a simple looking clay cylinder?

And if brought back to the Museum of Baghdad? What then? The tribes that have control of that area now have their own agendas and their own history is sometimes not the highest on the list of their regards.

It took an Englishwoman remember to found the Museum of Baghdad.
Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

student of ancient history

Post by grinder »

Elizabeth,

Are you a student of ancient history?

Seems that most of our past discussion of the Museum of Baghdad was instigated by your comments. The fact that Gertrude Bell was the " handler" for a man name Philby rings in my head. Taught him how to be a proper english spy ?.... a trait I think that he passed on to his son ? The Philby name became legendary when others around him realized he had defected to Russia after betraying England and the Americas for years.

Odd thread that goes back to the Baghdad Museum and now this odd comment. Which I think we have already talked about?

Elizabeth is this part of what you meant when you said that information would keep " bubbling to the surface" until someone noticed it. Like writing in a journal and then waiting for someone to get the meaning?

OK so I"LL bite. "Ghost in the Museum". Perhaps looking at it with new eyes. Perhaps these special "looters" came and went through a different sort of door? Wild thought but .... possible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_of_Iraq

grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

coming home again

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

It might be that when things are finally safe again there in Baghdad ( and when might that be one wonders) these artifacts will filter their way back home. I know that it is wrong for items to be wrenched from their home land . I can appreciate that, but I would also rather see them saved for the future .... kept intact for the world to see at a later date.

The hardest thing would be to restore the Museum to what Gertrude Bell envisioned. Such a terrible shame and it seems to have no solution.

Go to see " The Kingdom" if you want a fairly close up look at how violent and .... ultimately ......... depressing ....... the whole situation can be.
The theme there is " Its All About Oil" and the ending statements " We will kill them all". And in the middle of it fragile clay. Human and otherwise. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

What may actually there be to find in that region?
The oil and war may be a cover, to allow unrestricted access to WHAT?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi All

This all hits upon my sensibilities in many ways. First, the English prototype for "Indiana Jones", shall we say, was Sir Leonard Woolley, who was the first and foremost archaeologist to seriously excavate the royal burial sites of UR, and his discoveries were/are still stand as a spectacular paradigm as far as enlightening the world about the roots of Western Civilization.

Yes, I agree with you Elizabeth that the return of the looted artifacts to their land of origins may be something to look forward to and to rejoice in when it happens. But I'm not anticipating that happening anytime soon. As was pointed out, this again is all about money and power, and from the start, it was clear that the barbaric mindset that initiated the invasion and wrecking of Iraq were mindless to the importance of protecing the historical heritage of Iraq. Ironically it was/is also their heritage, since that was where much of their cultural heritage also began about 6,000 years ago.

But the greater damages done have been at various tells and excavation sites scattered around Iraq that have been ruthlessly plundered amid the chaos and the neglectful stupidity demonstrated by the occcupying forces in not protecting these cultural treasures. I exchange views on another forum with people in the middle east and they are of one mind in decrying the overwhelming stupidity of what has transpired in these matters. But then, who ever said that those who purposefully advocate and initiate chaos as solutions to problems were mindful of the consequences of their actions ?

flow.... :x
Dancing is better than marching
Trickfox
The Magician

More on Sir Richard

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/181

I love the spaceship...... he says he's still taking ideas on the engine.. I think Andrew needs to talk to him.<g>

Trickfox
Trickfox
The Magician

Hands in the air waving

Post by Trickfox »

http://shrinkwrapped.blogs.com/blog/200 ... y-and.html
The idea of a technological singularity, beyond which no predictions can be made, is a fact of life that is already important for many, many people. In point of fact, technological changes threaten everyone's ability to work and maintain relationships. For the great majority of people, there is no longer any certainty that their job will still exist in five years and almost no ability to predict what kinds of changes will have altered their job beyond their recognition. Beyond that, how many people can predict with any degree of certainty what kind of health insurance they will have in 5 years; or what family structures will look like in 5 years?
Ohhh.... Ohhh..... Ohhh.......I do...... I do......
Trickfox