NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
grinder
Senior Officer

special

Post by grinder »

Yeah but Elizabeth. Without you there to notice all of these things we would be a sorry bunch of agitated rabbits. Don't go away, please. grinder
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

flowperson wrote:Hello All...What a treat this a.m. on NPR. Several live feed songs by Emmy Lou Harris with Bobby Miller from Blackbird Studios in Nashville. (Know the place Paul ?)
I wish I would have caught that on NPR, though for all the wrong reasons. I would have liked to have seen the studio. Blackbird is owned by John McBride (Martina McBride's Husband.). It’s what I would call an over the top facility. The complex has 7 studios, A through G.

My love of studios is showing, on an electrogravity forum.... sorry.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Gregg...They mentioned that a song or two from Emmy Lou's box set album would be on the NPR site. I'd go there and see if some stuff about Blackbird isn't there also. After all the show was today. They may even have the show archived for awhile.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

flowperson wrote:Hi Gregg...They mentioned that a song or two from Emmy Lou's box set album would be on the NPR site. I'd go there and see if some stuff about Blackbird isn't there also. After all the show was today. They may even have the show archived for awhile.

flow.... :wink:
A really good friend of mine (who used to work at my studio) recorded a Grammy nominated album for Emmy Lou a few years back. That was the year that Warren Zevon died and his record ended up winning the Grammy instead of Emmy Lou's. My friend also worked on Warren’s album so I guess he couldn’t loose either way.

For some reason I was thinking PBS when you in fact said NPR. I wouldn’t have been able to see it, only listen. Thanks for the info though, I will check the NPR website.
Trickfox
The Magician

Parallel universes exist because the math proves it

Post by Trickfox »

Parallel universes exist - study
Sep 23 11:33 PM US/Eastern

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery by Oxford scientists described by one expert as "one of the most important developments in the history of science".

The parallel universe theory, first proposed in 1950 by the US physicist Hugh Everett, helps explain mysteries of quantum mechanics that have baffled scientists for decades, it is claimed.

In Everett's "many worlds" universe, every time a new physical possibility is explored, the universe splits. Given a number of possible alternative outcomes, each one is played out - in its own universe.

A motorist who has a near miss, for instance, might feel relieved at his lucky escape. But in a parallel universe, another version of the same driver will have been killed. Yet another universe will see the motorist recover after treatment in hospital. The number of alternative scenarios is endless.

It is a bizarre idea which has been dismissed as fanciful by many experts. But the new research from Oxford shows that it offers a mathematical answer to quantum conundrums that cannot be dismissed lightly - and suggests that Dr Everett, who was a Phd student at Princeton University when he came up with the theory, was on the right track.

Commenting in New Scientist magazine, Dr Andy Albrecht, a physicist at the University of California at Davis, said: "This work will go down as one of the most important developments in the history of science."

According to quantum mechanics, nothing at the subatomic scale can really be said to exist until it is observed. Until then, particles occupy nebulous "superposition" states, in which they can have simultaneous "up" and "down" spins, or appear to be in different places at the same time.

Observation appears to "nail down" a particular state of reality, in the same way as a spinning coin can only be said to be in a "heads" or "tails" state once it is caught.

According to quantum mechanics, unobserved particles are described by "wave functions" representing a set of multiple "probable" states. When an observer makes a measurement, the particle then settles down into one of these multiple options.

The Oxford team, led by Dr David Deutsch, showed mathematically that the bush-like branching structure created by the universe splitting into parallel versions of itself can explain the probabilistic nature of quantum outcomes.

Gee I guess this proves the whole foundation of Paul's book tittle and the prime motive for this forum.

Congratulations to everyone following this thread.

Now I'll be very sure to obtain all the data on this from that Oxford team because it should prove to be valuable to our possible future research projects.

http://www.qubit.org/people/david/Articles/PPQT.pdf
For the "silent scientists", here is the paper:

Let me "slide in" here and say; I'll get to work on your request for a "QPS" later Mikado.
Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Thank you Trickfox,

All I have to do now is to take my remote control, modify it so that I can set an address for the parallel universe I wish to visit, open a portal, and be sure to be able to set to the QPS (Quantum Positioning Satellite) coordinates and "slide" into the universe I have selected.

Drat......we don't have a QPS yet...do we?

Mikado

(Just havin' a little fun with you Trickfox)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

OBSERVATION IS THE KEY

Post by Trickfox »

Mikado

Could it be that the reality is observed differently depending upon when the observation is performed. For instance, what will future observers understand of the past with respects to this thread.

If events are recorded such that every particle observed in the present is archived as a record of the past, AND THEN.... the archive itself is modified before others get a chance to observe it.

Doesn't that mean that such a hiccup actually changes the time line for those who choose to observe the actual archive a bit later in time.

FOR THOSE PEOPLE, -Changing the past changes the future!!!

If we have the chance to erase all history of Adolph Hitler to the point where there is NO HISTORY of such a man, then perhaps we can change the future to EXCLUDE all of his ideals. After all, there is a resurgence of worship for this man amongst the skin heads right now, and I suspect the movement will only grow with time as more and more false history and glory is attributed to Hitler's infamy.

I believe this is what the Egyptians were trying to do when they tried to wipe out all the public records of some of their pharos.

Interesting!

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

perhaps

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Perhaps there are some that have been given some ability to see what the future choices are and also perhaps have been given the ability to help the PAST develop along certain more postitive lines.

I am thinking here of certain odd choices that some individuals have been given during parts of their lives, how wierd it is that certain doors of opportunity seem to coincidentally open just when they need them to ..... " How odd it is that happened " A person might say . "That man gave me some information ( or a hand up ... or something) and it made all the difference in my life " ......... But it is still a choice by that individual. He is still able to choose a path that is quite contrary to the one that would lead to such a more productive future. He still has the ability to choose a path that will lead to a completely different universe for him.

But now. in a flash if he understands suddenly how the universe actually operates .... what will that mean? When he understands better the nature of the reality that he lives in ..... his entire interaction with it has changed, in a blink of an eye and just as Morgan said to Paul. " After that ... there is no going home again .... ever...." Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Said,
"In the blink of an eye"
I have heard that phrase before, or did I just hear what I would hear at some point?
I doubt there is an easy route out of this rabbit hole, and what go's around, comes around.
The companies rather good though, time for tea me thinks.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

A Coincidence indeed

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth

It's quite a coincidence isn't it. As I finished my last post and just before you posted your last post I checked my mail box, and lo and behold the copy of an original transcript of "THE TIME TEACHER" (a book by Beau Kitselman) was in the mailbox waiting for me.

I have been hoping and wishing to read anything by Beau Kitselman for over a year because of his work with Towsend Brown and the mathematics of time travel. The manuscipt has made it's way to my eyes all the way back from 1959, and JUST IN TIME for me to appreciate.

I am a very happy man right now. I'm lucky to be "alive and well" in the present, and I am learning about modesty as the end of the month arrives just as I become penyless again. All my debts paid and just enough food to survive till the next cheque from social services arrives Friday.

This manuscript is for me "Mana from heaven" for I am starved for knowledge of these mysteries, and I find myself on a well regulated diet as I am spoon-fed this wonderful wisdom by the controlling unknown.

Let it be known by all that there were several people involved in the negotiations necessary to allow me to actually read this manuscript. I want to thank everyone including Elizabeth, Paul, Mikado, and Suzette Kitselman.

I shall spend the next few days in pure joy as I begin to submerse myself in Beau's methodology and teachings.

I shall be in touch soon with more news of my results in this quest for knowledge.

Here is the table of contents of the manuscript:
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Trickfox,
You're good, really good,
http://www.the-light-of-huna.com/photos.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

24 gold karat,
http://www.dowsing.com/Dowsing/orig_com.htm
The worlds most sensitive dowsing implement, just met its match, the hobbit.

kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Oops

Post by Paul S. »

Sorry, I did not know about this thread at all until just now...
flowperson wrote:Hello All...What a treat this a.m. on NPR. Several live feed songs by Emmy Lou Harris with Bobby Miller from Blackbird Studios in Nashville. (Know the place Paul ?)
I think you mean Buddy Miller. He's been Emmylou's principal sideman for a number of years now. Very interesting guitar player.

I did not hear this piece on NPR over the weekend, and Emmylou Harris may very well be my all-time favorite (living) musician, so I'm listening to it now via NPR.org, thanks for the heads up.
She's releasing a five disk set on Rhino, some retrospective and some new.
That one is pretty high on my Christmas list, if anybody's listening.
I've been in the thrall of her mystica' lyrical voice and music for well over thirty years now.
One more thing we have in common. Emmylou Harris personifies the very best that Nashville has to offer. "Silver haired Goddess" in my book, too.

Gregg, everybody, if you're still having trouble finding the "Weekend Edition" segment from this past Sunday, just go to NPR.org and search for "Emmylou Harris". It's the first thing to come up.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Good sleuthing on the huna link, Sherlock.

Townsend and Surya Yoga, Beau Kitselman and Huna -- generating Prana/Mana. With me, it's Chi/Qi. But we all agree! All ancient energetic sciences, and to each his own.

As ever,

Griffin
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: A Coincidence indeed

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:Elizabeth

It's quite a coincidence isn't it. As I finished my last post and just before you posted your last post I checked my mail box, and lo and behold the copy of an original transcript of "THE TIME TEACHER" (a book by Beau Kitselman) was in the mailbox waiting for me.

I have been hoping and wishing to read anything by Beau Kitselman for over a year because of his work with Towsend Brown and the mathematics of time travel. The manuscipt has made it's way to my eyes all the way back from 1959, and JUST IN TIME for me to appreciate.

I am a very happy man right now. I'm lucky to be "alive and well" in the present, and I am learning about modesty as the end of the month arrives just as I become penyless again. All my debts paid and just enough food to survive till the next cheque from social services arrives Friday.

This manuscript is for me "Mana from heaven" for I am starved for knowledge of these mysteries, and I find myself on a well regulated diet as I am spoon-fed this wonderful wisdom by the controlling unknown.

Let it be known by all that there were several people involved in the negotiations necessary to allow me to actually read this manuscript. I want to thank everyone including Elizabeth, Paul, Mikado, and Suzette Kitselman.

I shall spend the next few days in pure joy as I begin to submerse myself in Beau's methodology and teachings.

I shall be in touch soon with more news of my results in this quest for knowledge.
It is always my pleasure, me dear friend. BUT....when you build it....don't forget me <g>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy