NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Tinkering

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Thank you for the interesting link. It might inspire M. Twigsnapper to purchase a gypsy rig if he doesn’t already have one. <g>

As for being sensible -- no behind-the-lines work is sensible except in the sense of being necessary, imho. If posing as a roving tinker – with perhaps some fortune telling thrown in -- he would have offered a service people wanted and it would have provided a good cover for moving around and meeting people. Money as well as other items could change hands. Who knows what all he might have been packing in his rig and tinkering with.

Also, I recall it being France -- which was a bit more lenient that Germany and Nazi occupied Eastern Europe, especially if the area were under Vichy nominal jurisdiction. Sound sensible? Only M. Twigsnapper could really say.

As ever, tinkering along,

Griffin
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Chris Knight »

Mikado,

Thank you.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

OK....I CLAIM the very last second of this year as being MINE......and that it did NOT EXIST until just a while ago.....
The International Earth
Rotation and Reference Systems Service has announced that a [1]leap
second will be added on December 31, 2008 at 23h 59m 60s, meaning that
this year will be exactly one second longer.
http://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/bulletinc.dat
So.....as you all can see.... That last second of the year is now known as the "trickfox second".

Is that ok with everyone??

Just remember that second because you will all need to use it this comming year...(it can easilly be added to any sheduled event).

You can thank me when your "trickfox second" gets used up....!!.... OK?

Just let us all know exactly when and how you used up your extra "trickfox second" as soon as you have used it ok??

The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

It would be a pleasure to share an extra second with you!

Happy New Year!

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

My understanding of the code name "Maurice" was that it had something to do with the oldest son in some Irish families ( which had connections with Gypsies too. ) Might take into consideration Mr. Twigsnappers undying love for a breed of horse called the " Gyspy Cob"... bascially a piebald colored horse ( black and white) which was favored with those tinkers. As I recall he made a comment on how dangerous it was to be associated with that bunch when the Nazis were in controll, sadly .... and I do remember some story about how he and a certain black and white horse escaped .... with " Maurice" praying that the dye for his red hair and the dye on the white sections of the horse .... did not somehow bleed away at the wrong moment. When the man says .... "I rode fast"... I know more than anyone else perhaps what he means!

Happy New Year EVERYONE! To those of you shoveling snow..... my sympathies!!!! To those of you putting your little toes in warm tropic water ....... well..... I will accept YOUR sympathies!
Linda
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. Kevin B., since I was not able to help you out with your request regarding the Shipov-material, let me in return share something which others might not consider important, but which you will understand - certainly at the level of the heart and this is all that matters.

The text quoted below is from one of the greatest 20th century Rabbis whome I more than admire. His name is HaRav Avraham Yitzchak HaCohen Kook. With his head high up in the clouds, eyes turned to HaShem's Throne and feet firmly on the ground, he united in himself the fervent observation of Mitzvot, erudition, love of Torah, true wisdom and goodness of heart.

I will not say more, because it is very dangerous to draw parallels fast and loose, but when reading think of the meaning and etymological origins of the Greek word κρύσταλλος. Apart from this the words below branch into numerous directions and touch upon many things. Let me for now just leave it at that.
http://www.ravkooktorah.org/BREISHIT_67.htm wrote:Breishit: The Hidden Light of Creation

HaRav Avraham Yitzchak HaCohen Kook

"Ohr Ha-Ganuz"

The very first act of creation recorded in Genesis is the creation of light. "And God said, 'There shall be light'" [Gen. 1:3]. But what kind of light was this?

It cannot be the light that we are familiar with, the light emanating from the sun and the stars - the heavenly bodies were created much later, on the fourth day. The Sages called this primordial light "Ohr Ha-Ganuz", the Hidden Light. What is the nature of this special illumination introduced at the beginning of creation?

The Sages taught [Shemot Rabbah 15:22] that certain topics mentioned only cryptically in the Torah were later elucidated by David in the book of Psalms. For example, the Torah relates that God created light after creating heaven and earth [Gen. 1:1-3]. In Psalms, however, the order is reversed. There the verse indicates that God first created the light and only afterward the heavens:

"He wrapped Himself in light like a garment, and spread out the heavens like a curtain." [104:3]

This concept, however, is difficult. The verse in Psalms does not explain the Torah's account, but rather contradicts it, switching the order of creation as set down in Genesis. Furthermore, what does it mean that God 'wrapped Himself in light like a garment'?

Chomer and Tzurah

The philosophers distinguished between chomer, the raw material, and tzurah, the inner form or purpose. For example, wood is a raw material (chomer) that may be used in many different functional objects. Once it is designated for use as a table, the wood also has tzurah, having acquired a particular purpose.

At the very beginning of Creation, there was only chomer. God created many varied elements, but they were without tzurah, lacking function and purpose. This state of disorder and dissonance is referred to as darkness - "darkness on the face of the depths" [Gen 1:2]. The Torah calls this unstable primeval stage Tohu and Bohu, meaning that it was chaotic and empty of form.

Then God created the "Ohr Ha-Ganuz". This special light played a critical role in creation. Just as regular light allows us to see and relate to our surroundings, the Hidden Light enabled the different elements of creation to relate to one another. It dispelled the initial state of darkness when all objects were isolated, unable to relate and connect to each other.

To use the terminology of the philosophers, the illumination of the first day stamped a functional tzurah on the material chomer of creation. Through this special light, the universe's myriad objects gained purpose and function, and were able to work together towards a common goal.

To Wear Light

The Midrash [Bereishit Rabbah 3:4] writes that "God wrapped Himself in [the light] like a garment, and illuminated the splendor of His glory from one end of the world to the other." What does it mean for God to 'wear light'? This phrase indicates that the light took on God's qualities of oneness and unity, just as a garment takes on the shape of the one wearing it. When 'God wrapped Himself in light,' He introduced an underlying unity into all aspects of creation, "from one end of the world to the other."

In summary, the description in Psalms does not contradict the account in Genesis. At first, God created heaven and earth in an isolated state, as chomer without form and purpose. This was the unstable state of Tohu and Bohu described in Genesis, when the diverse elements of creation existed in chaotic darkness, lacking an underlying unity.

Then God said, "There shall be light." God bound the matter together with a common purpose through the creation of the special "Ohr Ha-Ganuz". With this unifying light, the universe was stabilized and completed. God first 'wrapped Himself in the light,' giving the light His trait of oneness. Only afterwards did He 'spread out the heavens,' as the formation of a stable universe took place after creating the Hidden Light. The psalm continues to describe the stability of the world after the creation of light: "He founded the earth on its foundations, so that it will never falter" [104:5].

[adapted from Midbar Shur pp. 95-96]

The Hidden Light is still with us - in and around us.

Before I finish I would like to add one more thing.
Ms. Brown wrote:Happy New Year EVERYONE! To those of you shoveling snow..... my sympathies!!!! To those of you putting your little toes in warm tropic water ....... well..... I will accept YOUR sympathies!
I am not anywhere near warm tropical waters, therefore I can only offer the following as a small consolation: Star Trek - Episode "Transfigurations". It is worth taking some time and viewing it.

Happy New Year!

AM
Last edited by AM2 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Seconding

Post by Griffin »

Yes, Trickfox...

I second your declaration.

As ever

Griffin
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

To one and all
both near and far
to friends of old
and friends yet to meet
to the family near
and the family afar
to inlaws and outlaws
and the others both seen and not
to those that seek
and those that listen
I wish you all a happy New Year and the precious gift of time
for in its fullness will arise a message
of new beginnings and the awakening of a new dawn.

Blessings to each and every one
arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
Griffin
Senior Officer

higher & lighter

Post by Griffin »

AM-

Thank you for an illuminating post. Conveying these insights is where you truly shine.

Having marked the Winter Solstice point of the ascension of light and being on the verge of crossing into another solar New Year, it’s appropriate to reflect on light, within and without. The account of the hidden light of creation is appreciated in helping this process. The great wisdom traditions of the world all deal closely with light imagery and kneel in contemplation. Luminous and numinous are only one letter apart and M or Mum is the word, since experience bests theory or words. Light and consciousness and Jung’s conclusion that the primal human longing for light reflects a longing for higher consciousness. So many ways to the beacon on the mountain top. Clothed in a Garment of Light -- what a beautiful image. You’ll probably recognize Chidambaram, AM -- Clothed in Consciousness or, we could say, Clothed in the Light of Consciousness. The glorious cosmic dance of creation, generated out of pure beingness and light.

The humanoid light image you posted reminds me of an encounter with a light being in a field of light many suns and moons ago, near the time of my rendezvous with TTB. The supernal light, though the most penetratingly intense, isn’t glaring or hurtful to our vision. One can gaze into that golden sun disc in continual bliss.

In crystalline depths what might we see?

Happy, holy and healing New Year to one and all. To Auld Lang Syne -- “Dancing is better than marching” as it’s more in the Flow.

As ever,

Griffin
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Let me be the first to post here this new years day!

May everyone here have a happy and prosperous new year.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Welcome to the New Year.

Trickfox --

I used your extra 2008 second to take a deep breath -- and exhaled it in 2009.

As ever,

Griffin
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Best wishes for a great new year to everyone!

Jim Z.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

WOW.....What a Great Idea Griffin...

An extra second to inhale.... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!

Congratulations on a very wise use of the trickfox second!!!

Can anyone else beat that?

You can allways delay your trickfox second until you need it you know!!!

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

All the very very best to one and all, and all of yours.
However bizzare this coming year may be, We all have the comfort of KNOWING that everything will be OK.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Happy New Year all.

As we have left the tumultuous 2008 and emerged into 2009, I am reminded of the words of Dr. Brown, to go forth. The past is past, the present is now, and the future is what we make it. My intent is to go forth with the light of love as my guide. I realize that there will be challenges along the path, yet I am confident in reaching my goals so long as I allow love for all to guide me.

For me, the "Trickfox Second" allowed me another moment of reflection on where I have been, and to pause and observe where I am heading. May you all be led by the light of love as we move forth into a new year, filled with opportunity to change the world in a positive way. May we all have the strength and patience to allow positive changes to manifest into out reality and move us into a lasting peace and prosperity throughout the world.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/