NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Linda Brown »

Langley,

I know that you will be alright. I also know that you will continue to have long nights filled with memories. but thats alright too.

I am in perhaps a unique position, because I have been a dog breeder for many years now. My particular breed ( Yorkshire Terrier) shares just a little, I think, with the character of your Gizmo and so I recognize all of my past babies in her.

Its a joy being a breeder because basically what you are doing is matching these wonderful little souls with the human souls they will enrich for the rest of their lives. I get Christmas cards from all over the United States during this time of year... with photos of " Jazzie, Sabrina. Nicky, ... (or whatever name they have earned and their families) ... all smiles and sending their love at Christmas.

But for all of that joy there is a downside. I have been doing this now for nearly twenty years. The average lifespan for a Yorkie is about 15. So these are the years now when I have been getting tearful stories about the love and loss ... All I can muster in comfort is that each of has has been enlarged knowing such creatures for the time they spent with us ... Its a wonderful world.

I worry about a person who is oblivious to that sort of relationship.

Paul ha!stated quite up front that he was a " cat person" ... and it would be a "cold day in hell " before a dog lived under his roof! OK, I thought, To each his own ... I love cats too and I was soo impressed with the way he cared for a particular cat while I visited once (having to stop work to give her a shot on time for her medical condition)that I immediatedly accepted that Paul was the right person ... with, or without, a dog!

But then "Zoe" somehow called out to them from a shelter and so now there is a dog in Pauls household. I think that she has been, in her own way, helping him write this book. He mentions her in the section called " About the Author" though I think with the phrase ..just says ... "dog."

And of course ther is always the possibility of loss ... so even now I mention Zoes name and breathe a prayer that everything is alright in that direction and some tragedy has not visited Pauls household ... but thats the chance that all of must take. We have to be willing to suffer the great loss for all of that great and wondrous good.

Thank you Langley for sharing your experience of Gizmo with us. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
As You know, I am from G-Ds county of Yorkshire.
Several years ago whilst in france, at the hotel of some friends, their Yorkies came bounding up to me , as ever considering themselves huge and ferrocious, I tried in my broken French to explain that I was from where those dogs come from.
I noticed the french people moving away from me muttering about Me been typical Anglais, and eating lots of roast beef.
They thought I was saying I was a Yorkie.
The more i tried to explain, the further they backed away from Me.
The french adhore the yorkie dogs, it is most odd to see them take them everywhere, litterally.

The strange thing is that they dowse as huge, those little dogs are meta physically huge, where the big dogs are small.
Size is decieving, and the best may be in small packages?
Which is part of David Barclays theories of field, there is more energy in a particle than a boulder, more radiating energy in the moon than the earth?
less downward push into the moon than the earth?
http://www.gravitycontrol.org
Kevin
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. Mikado wrote:If that is how you feel, why do you keep posting?
I thought I could contribute something useful and that there were things in this story and at this forum which would help me in my quest for truth. I. e. "to really see what happened", "to know it all", etc. And of course also to find perhaps some help for things that interested me personally (my tinkering with sigils, pyramids, etc.).

Therefore I also shared what I knew. But all this has turned into an insane combination of Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks.

I obviously cannot handle the downloads, since I oscillate between ecstatic enthusiasm and hateful ramblings. You could call it the John Nash-way of doing things. Contrary to Mr. Nash I still want to preserve a fairly sound mind and will call it a day.

Since February 29th until now I have been writting up all these things that came to me as hunches or in dreams or whatever. I have neglected my studies, my friends, everything.

There is again a linguistic paper long overdue and a translation of a lenghty article from Chinese.

If I continue it will be a perfect definition of insanity: doing more of the same, while expecting different results. Mr. Twigsnapper will be his old elusive self. I will be sucked in, searching madly for clues, then I will get frustrated not knowing what exactly he and Ms. Brown expect from me (once it is the book, then again a co-operation with Mr. Radomir, etc.), still craving for their attention. Consequently I will start to suspect them of God-knows what a conspiracy and finally I will go on one of my hateful rants. Wash, rinse, repeat. With the difference that everyone has already seen through this "spiel".

I did not ask for these downloads, they came to me after that dream with Dr. Brown three or four days after I joined the forum. Now I would be grateful if Dr. Brown would again come and take the downloads back.

I want to have a normal life and peace of mind. No "great future" for me and "grand projects", thank you very much.

Finally, I do not agree with how things are being conducted. I absolutely oppose Mr. Trickfox's ideas about the singularity and fusion of man and machine (including AI); I don't have the time, nerve, temper or patience for Mr. Twigsnapper's endless games; I don't like how you are constantly "rephrasing" my and other people's words, etc, etc. Of course there are also many things that others don't like about me - to put it mildly.

I have never met anyone here in person and yet I considered everyone as a friend in the beginning. It was a mistake - people here are merely "electronic" acquaintances at best.

And where I am now? Fighting with an 80-year old former member of the shadow world warning me how he will count every single time I go and take a leak. Then there is the funny old lady with her horses, a bald man from Canada and half of the God-knows which alphabet soup agency watching.

As for the Kitselman-material - everyone can get it. I said this repeteadly. Nobody made the effort - people were too lazy. I have the fortune with my library that it has an extraordinary well-organized inter-library loan system. I simply give them the titles and no matter in which American, Canadian or European library the book is located they will get it for me. Although for a hefty fee and the photocopying rates are insane.

I got it this way. No need to contact any member of the Kitselman-family.

Here are the bibliographic data:
DELETED
I don't know what Ms. Brown or Mr. Twigsnapper have ever seen in me. For me getting all this information is completely normal and natural. Everyone can do it.

Everyone has a brain and can use it. You just read, reflect and the connections come. You conduct a little bit of research and this is it. These things are not something special or particulary characteristic of me.

I wish everyone the best. To Mr. Schatzkin good luck with his book - he should definitely also read the philosopher Alexandre Koyre. Koyre has convicingly shown how science, religion and philosophy influenced eachother and actually represented an interlocked system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Koyr%C3%A9 wrote:According to Koyré, it was not the experimental or empirical nature of Galileo's and Newton's discoveries that made the "Scientific Revolution" of the 17th Century, but a shift in perspective, a change in the theoretical outlook on the World. Koyré strongly criticized what he called the “positivist” notion that science should only discover given phenomena, relations between them and establish certain laws that help describing, or better, predicting them. For Koyré science was primary Theory: the aspiration of knowing the truth of the World, of unfolding the essential structures from which phenomena and the basic laws relating them spring.

Koyré was also interested in the correlations between scientific discoveries and religious and philosophic worldviews. Not dissimilarly from Husserl’s later studies, Koyré claimed that the modern sciences managed to overcome the split inherent to Aristotelian science between the Earth and the Space, since they were now both seen as governed by the same laws. But on the other hand, it created another split, that between the phenomenal World inhabited by man and the mathematic, purely abstract World of Science. Koyré’s aim was to show how this “first world”, the world of human dwelling (personal and historic), apparently irrelevant to modern scientific naturalistic research, was by no means irrelevant for its very constitution and development: in his works he shows how scientific truth is always discovered in correlation with specific historical or even purely personal circumstances.
If Ms. Brown and her "crew" can save the world more power to her. I am done with this. I am interesting in changing myself.

In my opinion though and due to the lack of interest on how history, politics, social enviroment and economy will interact with new technologies I really cannot imagine the further implementations of people's ideals here. Nobody really appreciates the complexity and depth of the issues at stake. A quick techno-fix i. e. let's get the free-energy machines out and this is it? Get E. T. on the phone an let us talk? I don't think it's so simple.

8 months of riding through heaven and hell. Enough for a whole life. I prefer to stick with my forrest and my squirrels. At least until all the techno-maniacs plaster everything over and plug in the holographic trees. Above all I don't want to be anyone's "asset" as Mr. Twigsnapper put it.

AM
Last edited by AM2 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Am2 et all

I know how you must feel , it is very tiring trying to keep up with this lot .

AM2 said

"In my opinion though and due to the lack of interest on how history, politics, social enviroment and economy will interact with new technologies I really cannot imagine the further implementations of people's ideals here. Nobody really appreciates the complexity and depth of the issues at stake. A quick techno-fix i. e. let's get the free-energy machines out and this is it? Get E. T. on the phone an let us talk? I don't think it's so simple."

Well I for one am thinking about the above , that you have detailed,although I don't know anything much about particle physics .
See the locked up space policy thread for more ....

However despite the many profound and alternative languages spoken here , somewhere a few lines of approach emerge or perhaps those might be said to comprise more of a feeling for how communication funds a better focus going forward.

It seems as if ideas have to germinate and to be born somewhere and this is a good place to find all the compost, that one could ever desire to fuel that process .

I don't know of any other location where such advanced scientific discourse is happening along side such radical and imaginative thinking .

A heady mix I am sure , but one which at least shows the extent and depths to which the human intellect can engage .

I am afraid that the upcoming intellectual meltdown into the world of the future is currently complete , people are disappearing down quantum rabbit holes , emerging in outer space and all time peering at the world through advanced instrumentations and mass media, human history and human culture providing the only clues as to why and how it is the way it is and how and where it is going.

And I feel there is something else , a underlying and collective mind that moves itself in a subtle style for a collective outcome.

Living out here in a virtual forest like you, I imagine it to be a dangerous and exhausting place place sometimes .

But TT Brown forum is at least kind and thoughtful , when they are not being otherwise.

You might remember to check in occassionally , just to see how the flow is going ... I got tired out as well , but looking recently at the "notepad for random ideas" thread I see that an engaging discussion on aspects of "egomania" which is my forte .. has come up , so I intend to read through the umpteen links and all the posts when I have time .

I must say I myself am quite proud of the lurking Men in Black- who are ridding the world of extraterrestrial scum ...

A nasty job, but a worthwhile one that needs doing.

Best Wishes from a newly designated scrummy hummingbird ex mypoic egomaniac etc

Amalie

PS.The saran wrap is coming off now , perhaps it is a quetzal bird after all ?
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM2 wrote:
Mr. Mikado wrote:If that is how you feel, why do you keep posting?
I thought I could contribute something useful and that there were things in this story and at this forum which would help me in my quest for truth. I. e. "to really see what happened", "to know it all", etc. And of course also to find perhaps some help for things that interested me personally (my tinkering with sigils, pyramids, etc.).
AM, and you chastized me by saying that I twist words around? My comment above was in reference to your post about not coming back but you kept coming in with final posts. I never questioned your other posts and always felt as if you were trying to communicate what you felt to the forum.
AM2 wrote:Finally, I do not agree with how things are being conducted. I absolutely oppose Mr. Trickfox's ideas about the singularity and fusion of man and machine (including AI); I don't have the time, nerve, temper or patience for Mr. Twigsnapper's endless games; I don't like how you are constantly "rephrasing" my and other people's words, etc, etc. Of course there are also many things that others don't like about me - to put it mildly.
Who or whom is "you"? I do hope you are not referring to me for you are quilty of what you are accusing me of as I have pointed out in the first quote above.
AM2 wrote: As for the Kitselman-material - everyone can get it. I said this repeteadly. Nobody made the effort - people were too lazy. I have the fortune with my library that it has an extraordinary well-organized inter-library loan system. I simply give them the titles and no matter in which American, Canadian or European library the book is located they will get it for me. Although for a hefty fee and the photocopying rates are insane.

If Mr. Schatzkin or whoever can access the OCLC or WorldCat system he can find all the Kitselman-texts I have at home. He will get even the Vega Calculus if he tries. I got it this way. No need to contact any member of the Kitselman-family.
You are absolutely correct in your above statements but you are talking about his books only.
AM2 wrote:If Ms. Brown and her "crew" can save the world more power to her. I am done with this. I am interesting in changing myself.
Come on AM, have you really ever talked with Linda? Do you really think that she is that megalomaniacal? Her or Mr. Twigsnapper have never forced a hand to anyone that I am aware of but then if you hadn't ever talked with her perhaps that is why you have your opinion and maybe I am blinded.
AM2 wrote:In my opinion though and due to the lack of interest on how history, politics, social enviroment and economy will interact with new technologies I really cannot imagine the further implementations of people's ideals here. Nobody really appreciates the complexity and depth of the issues at stake. A quick techno-fix i. e. let's get the free-energy machines out and this is it? Get E. T. on the phone an let us talk? I don't think it's so simple.
I agree with your above outlook more than you realize, however, you of all people with all that you have read should realize that it is necessary for many "small steps" that will need to be done. the bucket will get filled, one drop at a time. And I know factually that Linda totally understands this and I can say with relative certainty that so does the Irish guy you keep talking about.
AM2 wrote:I wish everyone the best. To Mr. Schatzkin good luck with his book - if he will start with Dr. Kitselman's "Time Teachers" he should definitely also read the philosopher Alexandre Koyre. Koyre has convicingly shown how science, religion and philosophy influenced eachother and actually represented an interlocked system. This includes Newton's and Leibniz's philosophical ideas in relation to their mathematical work (development of calculus, etc.)
AM, I too, sincerely wish you the best as well, regardless of where I fit into your feelings.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

I suppose I should thank you AM. I never thought about it but you are quite correct. with a bit of effort I suppose I could have found that Kitselman material in time. I also thought you would send me a copy of the material eventually after you were convinced that I could do no harm with it.

When the time is right that material will find it's way to me.

You say that you disagree with my desires to help develop a man machine interface but you don't try and explain WHY I should not try on paper to come up with a method. As I have told everyone, I have no desire to create a monster. If anyone can give me a truely justified reason for stopping the research or taking another path I WILL LISTEN, and I WILL NOT PROCEED.

Thus far nobody has actually done that. Nobody has proved that anything a man can create in his mind is inherently EVIL in nature. Even the atomic explosion is not an inherently evil creation. It is riddled with enormous social dificulties, however it is also a very potent teaching tool.

I consider bilogical tampering with genes, and viruses to be a lot more dangerous and subtle than a computer with Artificial General Intelligence. At least with computers we have a very good idea of what we are creating.

Blindly tampering with the gene structure of a living biological entity is NOT creating an original concept, it's more like pulling on the tail of a sleeping lion!!!

We certainly should not be tampering with ANY living organism until we understand what LIVING "IS". That is the main mystery here..... LIFE...... What is it?????

Can we create it out of silicon???? If we create silicon based life,-HOW will we know we have succeeded?
Has anyone ever seen the movie "Short Circuit". or "Batteries not included". These are IDEAS worth looking into, IF ONLY ON PAPER AT FIRST.....

I happen to think that we can get pretty darned close just using MATHEMATICS. Then we can model this in a completely benign fashion on a giant parallel processor. There is no need to create "Terminators" or doomsday robots. Those make fine movies but they are NOT REALITY....

AM, you worry much too much about technology because you are caught in socio-technological analysis and you fear the unknown or misunderstood aspects of the technology. GET OVER IT!!!

OK, now... regarding the downloads.... I sympathize with your John Nash interpretation, however there is a way to take control over the situation. I had the same problem as you at first, but it's been a few years now and I no longer have downloads. NOW, I"M IN CONTROL and it's a WHOLE DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.

You are just going to have to get use to "the mushroom treatment" . The alphabet soup people are just there to listen and they won't risk showing themselves unless you learn how to trick then into revealing themselves, and that is a rather difficult task anyhow.

My advice to you is to be honest. Be yourself and don't threaten anyone or any organization.

When the preassure gets to be too much ...get drunk, and find something funny to experience so that you can blow off some steam.

For G-D's sake try and relax a bit.......Your blood preassure must be elevated some times.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

AM said

"Above all I don't want to be anyone's "asset" as Mr. Twigsnapper put it."

Too late.

I would say to that student ( that is , if I was talking to him <g>) that he should definitely put down the furtive burden that he has carried and go on to enjoy his studies.

I would say that what he has done for all of us here ... even the raging back and forth ... has been good for ALL of us ... and will prove to be something that he will be quite proud of someday.

He may even someday realize that he has has just been encouraged to " volunteer" for the crew"... Nothing much more than that. "Duty" on this " ship" lasts only as long one wants to be aboard.

So you see ... this student has been a grand asset to the entire effort. And for all of that, he has my profound respect and thanks. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

AM2,
My life is been ripped to pieces, my family friends all think I have gone mad.
I view it the opposite way around, I am ascending upwards out of madness.
I recognised You as soon as you came on here, And though I would have thumped You once or twice, I KNOW what you are going through, there is no going back.
For Mr Twigsnapper,
They are Sir remembering this lady in My home town this weekend.
Violet Szabo,
Carve Her name with pride,
http://www.royalarmouries.org/events/ca ... elebration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvOGHpYxJs

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

She just would not tell her secret!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNOEDdy5FY

Je comprend.

Tromprenard
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Trickfox, Linda and Company,

What a beautiful world we will see ...

The ocean provides

http://tinyurl.com/56rxjz

Light speaks

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... -deaf.html

Love Amalie
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

AM2 wrote:There is again a linguistic paper long overdue and a translation of a lenghty article from Chinese.
AM,

I will miss your clarity. The forum has gotten a little foggy lately, but I do agree with taking a break and getting some work done. The forum can become a full time occupation if you let it. The only trouble with that is the pay rate of zero per hour. I would be on the forum full time if I didn’t have responsibilities like work.

Check in once a week or so.

GV
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Hey, maybe Sagan was right!

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-sci ... 2008-11-19

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_sagan

Sagan was a user of marijuana. Under the pseudonym "Mr. X", he wrote an essay concerning cannabis smoking in the 1971 book Marihuana Reconsidered, written by Sagan's close friend Lester Grinspoon.[27][28] In his essay, Sagan wrote how marijuana use had helped to inspire some of his works and enhance sensual and intellectual experiences. After Sagan's death, Grinspoon disclosed this to Sagan's biographer, Keay Davidson. The publishing of this biography, Carl Sagan: A Life, in 1999, brought much media attention to the issue of the use and legalization of marijuana.[29

Mr X....???

skyfish
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:Hey, maybe Sagan was right!

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-sci ... 2008-11-19

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_sagan

Sagan was a user of marijuana. Under the pseudonym "Mr. X", he wrote an essay concerning cannabis smoking in the 1971 book Marihuana Reconsidered, written by Sagan's close friend Lester Grinspoon.[27][28] In his essay, Sagan wrote how marijuana use had helped to inspire some of his works and enhance sensual and intellectual experiences. After Sagan's death, Grinspoon disclosed this to Sagan's biographer, Keay Davidson. The publishing of this biography, Carl Sagan: A Life, in 1999, brought much media attention to the issue of the use and legalization of marijuana.[29

Mr X....???

skyfish
Had a friend who used to smoke pot when he was repairing TV's back in the 70's because he said it made it so much clearer.....bullshit. He would get fixated half the time on the color bands on the resistor and theorizing that the manufacturer missed a coupla turns on the flyback (that was one of his better ones)....even though the TV had been working quite well the way it was prior to the problem. I used to tell him, "Time for another one Vic!"

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

I was mostly interested in this part:

Scientists from Ohio State University report that marijuana, contrary to the conventional wisdom, may help ward off Alzheimer's and keep recall sharp. Their findings, released today at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington D.C.: chemical components of marijuana reduce inflammation and stimulate the production of new brain cells, thereby enhancing memory

skyfish
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:I was mostly interested in this part:

Scientists from Ohio State University report that marijuana, contrary to the conventional wisdom, may help ward off Alzheimer's and keep recall sharp. Their findings, released today at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington D.C.: chemical components of marijuana reduce inflammation and stimulate the production of new brain cells, thereby enhancing memory

skyfish
Hmmmm, ......maybe I should get my Father some....you listenning Kim?

Mikado