NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Linda Brown »

Dr. Murray said their group found that the effects were very frequency sensitive, that there were certain frequency bands that were characteristic of each material. If they got the frequency off by a slight amount, the object could suddenly vaporize. He described an experience they had in their lab one time when they were experimenting with various frequencies. He said they had turned on their microwave generator and it produced a bluish microwave beam that blew a hole through their laboratory wall and through an adjoining outside embankment as well. The beam was going into another building before they managed to shut it off. He said it “scared the living daylights out of them.”

Musta been taken from those great autographed copies that are floating around. Anyway. When you throw the switch. Be careful <g> Linda
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Well, you see, Mikado, Kevin-hobbit taught me everything he knows about doing the timewarp, and since i don't have a fancy chopped john deere lawnmower as a chariot, I just have to dance my way through<g>

Actually, i just quoted from the portion of chapter 7 that's posted on the Amazon page. i gather they are taking orders now.

Linda, i thought you'd catch that reference to Homestead...i wondered about the date of that demonstration, too.

rose.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Rose,

Regarding the conversation about the valor of those wearing certain uniforms. Always will be so.

However tactics sometimes put men in a race to see who can convert to nudism the quickest. When you only have say, thirty seconds, you get it done in twenty. I have often thought that Dr. Brown actually missed his calling somewhat. He would have made the perfect, suviving, modern shadow warrior <g>.

twigsnapper
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

While reading Author's First Draft (again) I happened on this bit of synchronicity as I was reading Chapter 68 How Fast A Fat Pony Regarding Dr. Robert Sarbacher:
The Wilbert Smith Papers wrote: http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Smith_papers.html
Bremner arranged an interview with Dr. Robert Sarbacher, an electrical engineer and guided missile scientist with an impressive background, but most importantly, who was then a consultant to the U.S. Research and Development Board (RDB). In the interview on September 15, 1950, Sarbacher was to tell Bremner/Smith that Scully was essentially correct, flying saucers existed, they didn't originate on Earth, and the subject was the most highly classified in the U.S. government, at a level higher than the H-bomb. This is all recorded in Smith's handwritten notes of the meeting and a top secret memo Smith wrote to the Canadian Dept. of Transport on November 21, 1950. Smith's memo also stated that Dr. Vannevar Bush [the former U.S. head of the OSRD (Office of Scientific Research & Development) during WWII and who created the postwar RDB] was in charge of a small group looking into the "modus operandi" of the saucers. (The latter piece of information was not in Smith's notes of the meeting and may have come from another government source.)

30+ years later, Sarbacher was again contacted by researchers and confirmed the substance of Smith's notes and memo. Sarbacher confirmed, e.g., that Bush was definitely involved and added details about what he was told about the nature of the crash materials and aliens..

Nov. 29, 1983: Letter from Dr. Robert Sarbacher to William Steinman http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Sarba ... v1983.html (pdf format) http://www.majesticdocuments.com/authen ... /foia.html
The initial contact with Sarbacher 30 years later. Sarbacher confirms recovery of flying saucers, but says he knows of no specifics. Confirms that Vannevar Bush was definitely involved and also mathematician John von Neuman; probably Robert Oppenheimer as well. Corroborates that an interview took place with Bremner and the answers cited by Smith were probably the ones he provided. The flying saucer materials were reported to be "very light and very tough." The aliens were described as being insectlike, in that they were small with low mass, enabling them to withstand high accelerations. In later interviews, Sarbacher hinted at being more involved and knowing more than he does in this letter.

And here it is: :arrow:
Washington Institute of Technology Oceanographic and Physical Sciences Dr. Robert I. Sarbacher President and Chairman of Board

November 29, 1983

Mr. William Steinman

15043 Rosalita Drive

La Mirada, California 90638

Dear Mr. Steinman:

I am sorry I have taken so long in answering your letters. However, I have moved my office and have had to make a number of extended trips.

To answer your last question in your letter of October 14, 1983, there is no particular reason I feel I shouldn't or couldn't answer any and all of your questions. I am delighted to answer all of them to the best of my ability.

You listed some of your questions in your letter of September 12th. I will attempt to answer them as you had listed them.

1. Relating to my own experience regarding recovered flying saucers, I had no association with any of the people involved in the recovery and have no knowledge regarding the dates of the recoveries. If I had I would send it to you.

2. Regarding verification that persons you list were involved, I can say only this:

John von Neuman was definitely involved. Dr. Vannever Bush was definitely involved, and I think Dr. Robert Oppenheimer also.

My association with the Research and Development Board under Doctor Compton during the Eisenhower administration was rather limited so that although I had been invited to participate in several discussions associated with the reported recoveries, I could not personally attend the meetings. I am sure that they would have asked Dr. von Braun and the others that you listed were probably asked and may or may not have attended. This is all I know for sure.

3. I did receive some official reports when I was in my office at the Pentagon but all of these were left there as the time we were never supposed to take them out of the office.

4. I do not recall receiving any photographs such as you request so I am not in a position to answer.

5. I have to make the same reply as on No. 4.

I recall the interview with Dr. Brenner of the Canadian Embassy. I think the answers I gave him were the ones you listed. Naturally, I was more familiar with the subject matter under discussion, at that time. Actually I would have been able to give more specific answers had I attended the meetings concerning the subject. You must understand that I took this assignment as a private contribution. We were called "dollar-a-year men". My first responsibility was the maintenance of my own business activity so that my participation was limited.

About the only thing I remember at this time is that certain materials reported to have come from flying saucer crashes were extremely light and very tough. I am sure our laboratories analyzed them very carefully.

There were reports that instruments or people operating these machines were also of very light weight, sufficient to withstand the tremendous deceleration and acceleration associated with their machinery. I remember in talking with some of the people at the office that I got the impression these "aliens" were constructed like certain insects we have observed on earth, wherein because of the low mass the inertial forces involved in operation of these instruments would be quite low.

I still do not know why the high order of classification has been given and why the denial of the existence of these devices.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I suggest you get in touch with the others who may be more directly involved in this program.

Sincerely Yours,

Dr. Robert I. Sarbacher

P. S. It occurs to me that Bush's name is incorrect as you have it. Please check the spelling. --
:wink:

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Fred,

It is probably helpful to some to see that bit of material rewritten but of course some of the "old hands" with this story will immediately recognize it.

I have had some ask ... " Why would Dr. Sarbacher mention this " secret" project to W. Smith in the first place?" But as you will notice if you study the material with a honed eye, Sarbacher did not meet with Smith himself. There was a middleman....which is mentioned, sort of.

Also that Smith memo was never actually meant to see the light of day and wouldn't have except that it was part of paperwork left behind after the mans death in 1962. And either by happenstance or ( I believe) design ... it found itself in the hands of a talented researcher who "happened" to be looking for leads in this direction.

What was it particularly that you found synchronistic between mention of Sarbacher/Smith in 1950 and Townsend Brown in the chapter you mentioned? I am asking so that I don't assume something that I should not.... and I have to admit not having that particular Chapter at my fingertips at the moment.

I have no explanations for some of Dr. Sarbachers answers in his return letter to William Steinman. ( Is my memory right Paul that Steinman also was writing to Townsend Brown asking for information?) I see some oddities in Dr. Sarbachers answers here but then it might very well be similar to Dr. Browns favorite response sometimes .... being ...." essentially correct" <g>

And this is pretty damned strange, considering Roses mention earlier of the mention of Homestead Air Force Base,

The Wilbert Smith Papers wrote:
http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Smith_papers.html

Just more mystical bullshit I suppose <g>

And Paul, on the other matter. You are most welcomed.

twigsnapper

twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

And this is interesting

http://www.theparanormalreport.com/stor ... ngineering

Perhaps Bear might be interested in hearing from you Paul

"
In Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion, physicist Paul LaViolette reveals the secret history of antigravity experimentation--from Nikola Tesla and T. Townsend Brown to the B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber. He discloses the existence of advanced gravity-control technologies, under secret military development for decades, that could revolutionize air travel and energy production. Included among the secret projects he reveals is the research of Project Skyvault to develop an aerospace propulsion system using intense beams of microwave energy similar to that used by the strange crafts seen flying over Area 51.

Using subquantum kinetics--the science behind antigravity technology--LaViolette reviews numerous field-propulsion devices and technologies that have thrust-to-power ratios thousands of times greater than that of a jet engine and whose effects are not explained by conventional physics and relativity theory. He then presents controversial evidence about the NASA cover-up in adopting these advanced technologies. He also details ongoing Russian research to duplicate John Searl’s self-propelled levitating disc and shows how the results of the Podkletnov gravity beam experiment could be harnessed to produce an interstellar spacecraft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Reviews:

SUPERB! August 2, 2008
3 out of 4 found this review helpful

This is it!
If you buy only one book on antigravity/electrogravity, this had better be the one! I have been a fan on Townsend Brown since the early eighties.
This book showed me things I DID NOT know!
Letters, sketches and the whole shabang.
Secrets ARE revealed. With this book you can do your own experiments.
It even has info on the "Lifters" now making a craze around the world.
Paul-when will there be a part-2?
GET THIS BOOK!

Of course that might well be a planted comment BUT if Bear was interested in printing his 515 or so page project .... perhaps you can still cut and add to your hearts content...twigsnapper
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Post by ladygrady »

But Mr. Twigsnapper,

There doesn't seem to be a category in Bears listings that would fit Pauls Biography. Would they have to make one? Is that a plus or a minus?

I know that our forum being so deep in the "rabbit hole" would be right at home with this publishing company, it seems, because I'll bet that we have discussed almost everything on their list, BUT does the book itself fit?

See what I am saying? I wouldn't want to see Paul cut his market size down by choosing a publishing company that might be too narrow in scope. Though, I have to admit, they look like they handle some fascinating books.

I am just a little puzzled as to why LaViolettes book fits in their categories too. Perhaps his book and Pauls would be the only ones in their class. Now wouldn't that be interesting. grady
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Rare for me to do this perhaps grady because I usually am quite happy to jump on any bandwagon that you build .... BUT ... not in this case.

No slight at all to Paul LaViolette. But I believe he is the wrong neighbor for our Paul.

Paul L has ( especially with his other book history) tried to "own the night" I think of the " maybe this happened, perhaps this occurred and what if it did) side of the sales market. Look at the other books he has presented. Look at all of the other books that Bear Company presents. Great subjects. Flow probably knew all about this publisher. I think of him alot when I read the titles.

And I believe that was fine in the past to sharpen the publics knowledge of the strangeness of our realities but Pauls book does much more than that alone. It tells a really wonderful, step by step relationship of a man and his family and the world that they are circled by. There is no book I can see so far in Bears stable that even comes close to that description. Is there a benefit for Pauls being the first? I really don't think so.

And though he presents alot of what looks to be carefully researched scientific knowledge I worry that LaViolette also has set a fairly low bar when it comes to the use of the " weasel words". And because of that trait his scientific authority becomes eroded. Paul S. hasn't known EVERYTHING that was happening around my Dad but at least he says so when he hits those areas.

In fact personally I am hoping that those who read his book will use it as a platform for further work. Paul has been rigorously honest and at least has demonstrated that he has the right temperament to turn to his readers and say ....." This gets a little strange here folks." and we are all warned and aware that the rabbithole is going in a direction he doesn't understand.

And thats the dividing line here folks. Do we settle for going to the mystical side to sell Pauls book? ( as the other Paul has to sell his?) or do we hold out for a publisher who nods in that mystical direction perhaps but also has a readership who values and completely understands Pauls NEED to write HIS book a certain way. And that is NOT a reliance on the mystical side of things but an appreciation for the solid information that his personality had to see in order for him to go forward. Paul might now have an appreciation for that mystical world but he didn't start with that full blown...there with all of the other writers in the Bear Company "list". He started this project saying to himself and others around him. "PROVE IT. PROVE IT TO ME, PROVE IT TO ME."( I know because I was usually there with him when he said that. And the difficulty for me has been that there are SOME THINGS of course that you can just know but never can prove).... but for the balance of it .... through hard work ..... the story is all there, and I believe that Paul will be able to put that story in words that will stand the test of time.

So, getting back to my point. Bear Company? I'm not so sure. Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

To all,
We were hit with a thunderstorm last night and as a result my computer's power supply has been toasted. I am suing my wife's laptop to leave this message and will only have limited access until I can fix my PC. I just am putting lots of good energy into my power supply being the only issue. As it stands right now, I will be here with you, but probably limited in the time I have to be online. So don't fret is I take a bit longer to respond.

Now, regarding the La Violette book and its "wonderful" reviews: I agree with you Linda Brown, the book that "our" Paul has done, is a biography which diligently asks for proof where applicable and he does qualify that which is not corroborated with his, "It gets a little strange here folks!" when required. I do feel that a publisher is important because many of those conspiracy books that are out there, don't qualify as mainstream because of the publisher's willingness to let anything get by even when there is no real evidence to back up the claims made.

As Paul has noted regarding Wm. Moore's books, his sources are sparse and much of it is third party and not verified for facts. As Mr. Twigsnapper pointed out with my recent post concerning Dr. Sarbacher and Wilbert Smith, there was an intermediary to that "interview" as well. Trust with verification, otherwise it's just blind faith.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:
Customer Reviews:

SUPERB! August 2, 2008
3 out of 4 found this review helpful

This is it!
If you buy only one book on antigravity/electrogravity, this had better be the one! I have been a fan on Townsend Brown since the early eighties.
This book showed me things I DID NOT know!
Letters, sketches and the whole shabang.
Secrets ARE revealed. With this book you can do your own experiments.
It even has info on the "Lifters" now making a craze around the world.
Paul-when will there be a part-2?
GET THIS BOOK!
Mr. Twigsnapper,

It has been awhile since I have laid out a long response to you but as you have gotten to know me, I seem to raise my sabre at the oddest things.

Is that comment a plant? The answer of course on first perusal would be an either/or answer. If it is not a plant than the writer of that is one enthusiastic individual and I am sure as soon as he gets the funding we will see the atmosphere just jam-packed with saucers...and they won't be filled with spilled coffee either!

If the answer is a yes, then the logical answer is that Mr. LV is only out to increase sales to the lifter community and all the fringe physics groups, afterall, isn't that his real market demographic?

Which brings me to the following, if he explains "everything" then why isn't Paul LaViolette building his own? Could it possibly be that there is more money in books than hardware? Further, how much experimentation has he done to build upon his theories? To quote from the link that kevin posted, "Es pura teoría", and that is all it is. Theory and experimentation go hand in hand, whether the experiment is first and the theory developed or the theory and then the experiment. It is always easier to make theory than to prove it. Proving or should I say building can be expensive with your own funds. A paper and pen are so much cheaper. Words are cheap...Action is gold. Dionysius Lardner comes to mind and a certain ship or was it the vacuum in the tunnel?

From a selfish perspective or just simply the protection of my intellectual property, if there were truth to what he says and the ability to construct to a completed device why would he give it away? Also, isn't "subquantum kinetics--the science behind antigravity technology" a theory of his own design? Proving a theory and finding yourself wrong only hurts book sales and lowers your standing in the "Phd" community.

Somehow, I don't believe that PaulS and PaulL would make good travel companions. Here it comes......I find Paul to be of stout character, he has pride in his work but that is not a self destructive pride, and most of all, he searches for the truth as best as he can find. He has been generous at times with the source of his information and yet still holds a few things close to his vest and that, I don't blame him for afterall, he has put 5+ years into this. He hates "weasel" words as do I but the difference is only the paths that we follow in proving out the truth and I stand alongside of him, as he knows. (Ok Paul, I said it but don't get too comfortable, I am still irascible and now.....FINISH THE BOOK!!).

One last thing Sir, I too can be a mule, the trick is to not let the Jack Ass side come out....

With respect,

Mikado

*****edit****

I see that Ms Brown has preceeded myself on her thoughts and I see we are in consensus. And I swear..there was no mystical bullshit involved...<g>
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mikado,

I thoroughly agree with you regarding Mr. LaViolette. I have been looking over some of his other projects recently and I see what you mean about turning paper ( worthless or otherwise) into money.

The phrase " mystical bullshit " is coming to be a favorite of mine, but I am sure that the person who originally used it is now wishing that it was buried somewhere in the sand. Still.

The phrase serves a real purpose because it is a true reaction. A dismissive reaction for many things that are really wonderful and awe inspiring if you happen to notice them, But they are not solid, and its so easy to be dismissive of the entire situation, And "Mystical Bullshit" come easily to the tongue I think.

I would hate for that to happen to Pauls efforts here if he strays from his straight and narrow now.

Better a publisher like ....um .... how about Walker and Company ... or even the publisher of a book I just picked up recently... its a handsome turnout ....called "The Sign and The Seal" by Graham Hancock. Now this is all about his search for the Arc of the Covenant. Talk about the possibilities of sliding off into "mystical bullshit". I haven't seen yet if he managed to stay on the straight and narrow but he has a pretty substantial reference section and index. I am looking forward to learning something from the man who sadly says in his Acknowledgements that the book cost him his marriage. I can see that happening to some and I am sure that seeing a book through to the end is a strain on all kinds of relationships. Anyway the publisher here is Crown. Wouldn't they be good? MarkC
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote: Mikado,

I thoroughly agree with you regarding Mr. LaViolette. I have been looking over some of his other projects recently and I see what you mean about turning paper ( worthless or otherwise) into money.

The phrase " mystical bullshit " is coming to be a favorite of mine, but I am sure that the person who originally used it is now wishing that it was buried somewhere in the sand. Still.
I am pretty sure he knows that but it is still an enjoyable euphemism which can be looked at two ways. Bullshit can be used to grow some very good tomatoes....... Elizabeth.
Mark Culpepper wrote:I am looking forward to learning something from the man who sadly says in his Acknowledgements that the book cost him his marriage. I can see that happening to some and I am sure that seeing a book through to the end is a strain on all kinds of relationships. Anyway the publisher here is Crown. Wouldn't they be good? MarkC
Way too many of "us" have done the very same to include estrangement of children.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS - The Book

Post by htmagic »

Folks,

I see you've been busy. Fred, sorry to hear that your computer power supply is fried. It's probably a diode that blew out in the power supply. See, you needed Dr. Brown's tunnel diode that could handle the power. Then as it took you back in time, you could have shut down your PC before the lightning storm!

Seriously though, as much as I like the game of fox and hound that Master Foxhound (MFH) Mr. Twigsnapper plays with us, I realize and appreciate the hard work Paul S. put into his books. It is far easier to speculate than to do the hard work and research that Paul S. has done. In my leaps of logic, I have been called for "weasel words" and many times for references for what I say. Thanks Mikado for keeping the edge sharp. A dull sword doesn't do as good a job.

I am an engineer and a technical person by nature. So I get excited when I see technical details as I'm sure other technical people do as well. Paul admits he's not a technical person but any technical person could tell he did his homework and presented a technically complex technology like television, the Farnsworh fusor, or a gravitator in terms a layman could understand.

Now my wife could care less about technical details only an engineer would understand and appreciate. But she would get into the personal details of Linda Brown and Morgan's lives together. Or Josephine and Thomas Townsend Brown. I want her to read about the green teapot that went everywhere with her. And in the course of reading, she might have picked up a technical detail or two, expanding her knowledge in areas unknown to her before.

So the point is, Paul's book presents as accurate a biography of Thomas Townsend Brown's life as feasible. It also presents an interesting tapestry of four lives woven together with intrigue and sorrow when 'she need not know'. The book grabs you and makes you want to root for the characters and you never want to forget the women and their struggles with this man of intrigue. So to place this on the shelf next to books of fiction would be a slap to Paul's hard work and his accurate portrayal on the parallel universe of Thomas Townsend Brown.

I agree with Mikado that a paper and pen are so much cheaper than the cost of experimentation. I also agree that words are cheap and action is gold. I may borrow that phrase from now on. (I may give you the credit but no royalties there, sorry!) :wink:

I also agree with Mikado on this:
Mikado14 wrote:Ok Paul, I said it but don't get too comfortable, I am still irascible and now.....FINISH THE BOOK!!
'Nuff said...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Mark C, someone else I know is reading that now, as well. I'm looking forward to your review of the book. What the two of you have to say will about it will help me decide if I want to put it on my reading list.

Mr. T, under such circumstances, i believe velcro would become my new best friend!

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Post by Bulwark »

It has been awhile since I have posted and reading the last few posts, from Twigsnappers talk of missing books to the talk of Paul LaViolette's book, I feel compelled to come out from behind the curtain of lurk.

What is it about us the human race? We strive to understand, we are constantly looking over the horizon to solve a mystery. Like a knight on a crusade we go forth talking of what our quest is and the glorious results that will be obtained but then like that Monday morning quarterback, we can also tell you why the game was lost - or won. In the end, I suppose what we are after is light. Trying to find the path of truth in the darkness of ignorance and I am reminded of Goethe's final words: "More light." Ever since we crawled out of that primordial slime, that's been our unifying cry: "More light." Sunlight. Torchlight. Candlight. Neon. Incandescent. Lights that banish the darkness from our caves, to illuminate our roads, the insides of our refrigerators. Big floods for the night games at Soldier's field. Little tiny flashlight for those books we read under the covers when we're supposed to be asleep. Light is more than watts and footcandles. Light is metaphor.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Lead, Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home—
Lead Thou me on!
Arise, shine, for thy light has come.
Light is knowledge. Light is life. Light is light.

I remain waxing in the light in the hopes of ignorance receeding into the shadows behind the curtain.

Bulwark
Who would be a man must be a non-conformist - Emerson