~ Twenty Years of carrying the Torch ~

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

~ Twenty Years of carrying the Torch ~

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Happy Birthday Andy!
I just wanted to embarrass my husband to the xtreme.

Thirty-eight years ago, on May 10th 1968 a new sojourner walked the earth. This is a tribute to my wonderful, caring, loving husband... who sometimes just drives me nuts :D

Feel free to post here and wish him a happy day.

Linda

ps. I'll be back at lunchtime
Last edited by LongboardLOVELY on Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Happy Birthday!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

And I talked to the guy yesterday and he didn't say anything at all about turning another year older!!!! Happy Birthday Andrew!!!!!! I guess I have failed at being a research assistant when I can't even keep track of birthdays!

Happy Birthday and thank you too for all the hard work that you have done for Townsend Browns memory through the years. Many times I know it has been decidedly an uphill battle. And you were the first out there to fly his banner . I just want you to know that your contributions will not be forgotten either, old man that you are now! Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Happy Birthday! yeah!

Post by Victoria Steele »

aha! nanner nanner nanner I am a whole month younger than you are!

And I wanted to tell you too that your site was the first one that I looked up after seeing Mark Beans demonstration in Laughlin. Were you there then too? I remember someone spoke right after Mark and I remember it being something about Dr. Brown. I made notes .... was that you? Anyway. Thanks for the effort of putting the Brown Family Site up there so that we could all learn more about Dr. Brown. You have probably influenced far more people than you would ever even imagine. I know cause I was one of them!

And I am looking forward to meeting you and Linda in Vegas in November. I am trying hard to get myself free of some other obligations but I figure I have enough time to rearrange stuff.

So looking forward to that then. Cute move Linda! Just the sort of stunt that I would have pulled. Victoria
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

again, happy birthday

Post by Martin Calloway »

Me too, Happy birthday.

And that means mmmmm since that you have said before that you have known the Brown family for some twenty years, you were all of 18 then when you first met Linda. I don't want to pry into her particular life but since we have been delving into a sort of mystical route here ... can you remember how it was that you actually met Linda Brown. What combination of circumstances? I think what I am getting at here is that now it seems apparent that much is not an accident. Blame it on the "controlling unknown" or whatever, things that might have looked like pure chance are not always what they seem.

So do you remember exactly how you met Linda Brown? Did an outsider introduce you? What was it that caused that spark that ended up a twenty year friendship? Which we are all thankful for . Speaking personally, I would not have known half of what I know about Townsend Brown without your website. So can you share a those thoughts with us? Of course thats after you finish blowing out all those candles! Martin
Trickfox
The Magician

Happy birthday Andrew

Post by Trickfox »

I agree with all the good wishes expressed in this pool and I would like to add that I view Andrew's visions of creating fantastic new technology as the most important gift that anyone could contribute to Mankind. I would like to wish him a propsperous future and good health.

Raymond
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

I hear it's your birthday...

Post by Paul S. »

... well it's my birthday too, yeah.... (no, not really, that's just a Beatles song that I can never get out of my head when somebody mentions birthdays...)
LBolland wrote:Thirty-eight years ago, on May 10th 1968 a new sojourner walked the earth.
Only 38 years old? Such a baby! I wonder what I was doing in May of 1968... I'd just gotten my driver's license, so I was probably endangering unsuspecting motorists on highways and biways all over New Jersey...
This is a tribute to my wonderful, caring, loving husband... who sometimes just drives me nuts :D
Last I checked around my house, that's what husbands are for.
Feel free to post here and wish him a happy day.
Well Happy Birthday Andrew. I hope your cake is chocolate if that's what you like (what's the point to eating cake if it's not chocolate?)

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
pascal
Space Cadet

Joyeux anniversaire Andrew from France

Post by pascal »

Dear Andrew, just to tell you Happy Birthday from France
Joyeux Anniversaire a toi Andrew depuis la France
38 year old we have almost the same age
Take care
Pascal Fichant
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Crackerjacks !! We've got our own birthday party right here ! Thank you all for your kind wishes :)

To answer Martin's question on how I met the Brown Family, I was 18 in the fall of 1986, and had just gotten in a little scrape with the law (nothing serious - just stupid "you really know better than that" kind of thing, so my parents decided to send me off to Andros, Bahamas for a couple of weeks on a field trip sponsored by the university (I was just starting my second year in the Geology program).

Before I left I happened to see Moore's book at the local bookstore and picked it up. As several other people have mentioned, the chapter on Brown seemed to be the only part of the book which was coherent. I found Brown's address in a Who's Who of Science and just wrote explaining who I was, my intentions to look into his research, and would he appreciate my interest.

Linda wrote back soon after that inviting me to come out, which I did the following March of 1987. Actually I dropped out of college for a quarter, and lived in my car out here in LA so I could do some movie acting at the same time. My short movie career included such blockbusters (?) as "Out of Control" with Tony Danza and ""Loverboy" with Patrick Dempsey, Carrie Fisher, and Mel the cook (I think they went straight to video :roll: )

Anyhow, I did meet Josephine, but didn't spend too much time with her since she was such a quiet, retiring person. Primarily I sat out under the tree in the front yard for a couple of weeks reading his journals, notes, letters, etc. Until I moved out here in 1998, I would drive out every Christmas break from Ohio to visit.

As for why Linda decided to call me up, I haven't got the slightest idea. She may have mentioned why to Elizabeth or Paul, but believe me, Townsend received a constant flow of letters from people from all walks of life, so I guess I just got lucky.

I'll ask my Linda if she can rename this thread to how did you get involved? And I'd like to know how you all got involved as well. It's always fun to learn how people first became interested in such an esoteric subject.

Andrew
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Getting INVOLVED

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Yeah, I'd like to hear how everyone got involved. Even Paul's story, again. If you don't mind.

I am sorry hon that I didn't rename the thread "getting involved". I wanted this thread to be a small little corner tribute to you. If you had not held that torch for such a very long time and had lost the heart to continue, we would not be here today. And Brown's memory would have died years ago as well as the technology with it. Or at least, the government would have their hands on it and not the masses where it is needed.

... and Andy has had many moments of discouragement; and I realize one of them is having to be strapped to a "family" (me) and a "home" (mortgage). But I've come to realize that being grounded and "tied" down, can really free oneself to fly very far and very high. I am glad he's made the progress that he did, and I am glad that someone mysterious had pointed Paul to this "old" man who is carrying the torch.

BTW, One of the oddest things that happened to me was that the day after when I said "Yes" to Andy, I got two phone calls out of the blue and one very strange dream neither of which I have EVER shared with anyone, not even with Andy. It goes to show we are who we are, we are where we ought to be, and nothing happens outside the control of GOD. I was meant to be here. I know it. BUT it's getting late, and I must go to sleep. So more tomorrow.

BTW, Andy had to sleep alone tonight because I am at my parents, so he didn't get cake. BUT he likes yellow cake with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream so remember that for Las Vegas in November.

LRB
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Getting INVOLVED

Post by Paul S. »

LBolland wrote:Yeah, I'd like to hear how everyone got involved. Even Paul's story, again. If you don't mind.
It's all right here:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity/preface.html

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

what about Kitselman

Post by Martin Calloway »

H Paul and Andrew,

This is a quesion for both of you. Thanks Paul for responding to Linda Bs. request about how you got involved in the Townsend Brown story. It was good re-reading that part of your book. Makes much more sense now that I have gotten into the story more.

And it brought a question back into my mind. I guess it was you Andrew? who must have written about Dr. Brown " His name is also mentioned in the same breath as the so called Nikola Tesla, A.L. Kitselman and Dr. Einstein."

I just wondered why you mentioned this AL Kitselman in that company?

Have you found out more about him Paul because I know that you had him (or information about him) on your missing persons list .... but what was it Andrew that elevated him in your mind and tied him to "The Philadelphia Experiment?" Its just an oddity. And a question worth asking! Whats the connection that you were making between those four men?Martin
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Martin,

That's a good question, which I wish I could answer better. Kitselman was a very interesting and colorful character whom I hope Paul goes into some detail. I was joking with Elizabeth a few weeks ago about wanting to play the role of Kitselman if a movie were ever to be made, but apparently I don't have the girth to pull it off. He was quite a free spirit, and I had always imagined him as a wirey, hippie-looking fellow.

In any case, what I have heard of him is that he was a genius, fulfilling the role of a "computer" (as they were called) before the age of computers arrived. I was told that he supposedly worked for the Navy on a project called Goliath, which I always thought was a computer or computer program. I went looking on the net and found out a few interesting things that may or may not be related to him.

Goliath was an antenna developed by the Germans for use in WWII, and was the codename for the Kriegsmarine long wave radio station in Kalbe, near Magdeburg. It was used to maintain contact with long range U-boats just about everywhere except in the fjords of Norway, and its radio transmissions could be received as much as 25 meters underwater.

Prior to 1930, submarines were equipped with radio-telephony radio stations. The submarines could receive messages, but receiving or transmitting would require surfacing and transmissions of orders could then be acquired by other interests. So information regarding direction, movement, orders, etc. wasn't all that secure.

Between WWI and mid-WWII, it was found that very low frequencies (VLF) could be received by submerged submarines depending on the depth, salinity, distance from transmission source, etc. These transmissions were one-way due to the size of the antennas required to transmit.

With the development of Goliath in 1943, some of the submarine communication reception problems were resolved. Submarines were on a reception schedule and would be at the correct depth and monitoring at those times. They would not have to surface or come to shallow depths in order to receive signals, and since they were receiving submerged and not transmitting, the Allied forces advances in direction finders and radar systems could not locate them directly.

However, the German's were relying on transmission ciphering, which the Allied forces had cracked (ENIGMA). In addition, by this time the Allied forces had developed the fore-mentioned direction-finder stations to pinpoint the German transmission stations, as well as the advances in radar technology, so they could locate them indirectly, leading to the end of the Uboat era.

My understanding is that Kitselman was into deciphering. With his involvement in submarine/underwater communications, it seems reasonable that they would have crossed paths at some point. That is pure conjecture.

I do know, at least, that Kitselman was doing math for Brown, as some of his work came across my desk some years ago. According to the Brown family, Townsend wasn't really math-oriented, and the work that I saw was of a high level of competency as well as a high degree of understanding and intimacy of Townsend's work in electrogravitic systems (not the airfoils, mind you, but the practical, everyday application).

To answer your question regarding the TPX, I can't remember why I put them together. I'm sure I had some good reason at the time :?

Andrew
Annemarie
Space Cadet

Classic example

Post by Annemarie »

I wondered, if I looked hard enough, if I could find the "controlling unknown caught in the act". so that it could actually be observed in operation. You know, where information has been uncovered and kept alive, and yet not with any knowing reference. Or any apparent reason.

Take a careful look at Andrews latest post. In response to "why did you mention Kitselman with Dr. Brown, Tesla and Einstein? His answer was "I don't know"

But google Kitselman and just about the only thing that comes up ... over and over again is that reference. KITSELMAN, BROWN, TESLA AND EINSTEIN over and over. All stemming from a moment when Andrew was ODDLY inspired to include that name? Thats been going on for years! How odd and wierd is that?

How many of you would even know Kitselmans name without that particular reference?

Just one of those observation of SOMETHING. Some sort of motivating force that seems to be connected to this story somehow. Annemarie
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Andros

Post by Mikado14 »

Chris Knight wrote:
To answer Martin's question on how I met the Brown Family, I was 18 in the fall of 1986, and had just gotten in a little scrape with the law (nothing serious - just stupid "you really know better than that" kind of thing, so my parents decided to send me off to Andros, Bahamas for a couple of weeks on a field trip sponsored by the university (I was just starting my second year in the Geology program).
Andrew,

Something that has been bothering me......why would the Geology program be going to Andros Island? What was the purpose?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Re: ~ Twenty Years of carrying the Torch ~

Post by Chris Knight »

Mikado,

Swimmin' with the fish, studyin' the Tongue of the Ocean.

Conch steak, and evening walks along the beach.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."